Photo review : Yonex Voltric Z-Force (VTZF), Up-close & detailed photos

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kennee, Mar 3, 2012.

1. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    Here are some photos of the Voltric Z-Force. Please excuse the quality of my hastily taken photos as it's way past my bedtime. If anyone has any request for a specific detail or angle, do let me know. I will try my best to take some photos for your viewing pleasure.

My first impressions:
    Yonex has done another top notch quality paint job, after the VT80. The overall feel of the paint job has a matte touch, and it just makes you want to touch it more. It does seem like a layer of power-coating to me, instead of a matte paint. My concern would be that the matte finishing will be 'erased' quickly if one does not handle the racket with care. Simple rubbing and bumping with other rackets in the bag will hasten this. Plus, the color white doesn't help. Only time will tell :)

Final quick observations:
    Smooth polishing between and over the sticker edges. You can still feel the bits of raised layer over the stickers, but nicely done. Cloners and fakers will face yet another challenge to replicate this paint job.

Three (read, 3) 'Made In Japan' labels. 2 on the frame, 1 on the shaft. I'm guessing Yonex is pretty proud of this fact, and perhaps Cloners would have to resolve to replacing them with, 'Made in China' labels? :)

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

2. Iori

Iori Regular Member

How is the vtzf's stiffness compared to VT80?

3. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    can i ve pic on the cone code, shaft code, handel, back logo?

if u ve zslash , vt80, nanoray...can do a side by side close shot comparision?

4. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    Without strings and comparing to my VT80 3UG5 (note : 2 months old, strung), The VTZF feels beefed up. Just by swinging and pumping it, I feels its probably 10-20% stiffer. The head is heavier as well. I reckon it will take a long while to adjust to this racket, even for a season VT80 user. The weight just causes my arm to overpronate each time i swing it.

I will be stringing a couple of the VTZFs later, and perhaps I can update you on how it feels. I'd probably get a chance to test it out properly later during the night, if I've yet to develop tennis elbow from swinging it too much.

A fun pre-launch preview at a league outing earlier garnered several awe at it's stiffness & weight. Many said they have never held such beast before, and are longing to see how it feels in game.

Cheers.

UPDATE: Balance Point tests

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Managed to do a quick test for several VTZFs in stock. They are between 309mm, 310mm & 312mm. Coincidentally, it's right smack at where the 'Z' is at. :)

5. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    The cone code, shaft code is virtually impossible to be photographed. It's tough enough for the naked eye to view without proper lighting and some serious squinting. I'll try to snap them anyway sometime later.

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    so, this one is same with arc 10 PG where the writings are in white too?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    not sure why ppl have issue with the green. i think this design is nice and refreshing. still Yonex-ian, but moving towards a new and more interesting direction than prior designs.

even stiffer and more head-heavy than VT80? they might as well just sell us a hammer.

8. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

cannot find ur facebook >.<

9. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

I don't have any issue with the green colour, it actually makes it stands out. When i had it in my hands at Yumo, I didn't want to let it go until i found out there was some damage from shipping. Squashed the frame 5 and 7 oclock and you can see the paint from there moved to the side and the graphite shining in your face. Have to wait for next batch.

I really like the design more than any other racquet, especially cause it is matted.

10. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

On the third picture, did you grommet break from shipping? I just noticed a missing grommet

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I thought AT900PLC has similar issue as well...
    Btw, i like the green color so much. VT-ZF is just elegant with Green & White design. Maybe Evil Empire will soon start to campaign Go Green & Save the Badminton World...

12. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    Pretty much, except this is in matte white instead of PG's glossy metallic white.

A friend commented at first impressions that it reminds him of training rackets, only stiffer.

try this direct link : www.facebook.com/RaksasaSports

13. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    No grommets were missing. In fact, they are pretty well fitted. You can't simply pinch them out with bare fingers. The one grommet you are referring is a shared grommet. Again like the VT80, there's 4 different grommet size & length besides the 'U' type at the T Joint.

14. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

Man this makes me want to become an ass and show off my Z Force at my badminton center, but since i did not take the defective one, i have to wait two more week.s Makes me sad.

What were the reactions of people when you brought it out on your facebook?

15. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    My experience with Yonex rackets, especially the ones with intricate paint jobs like VT80 is that each batch does have a SLIGHT variant, and to the connoisseurs, they may be construed as paint defects. I have had 3 VT80s from different batches that has so much paint difference, one might pass one off as fakes when compared side by side.

With closer look to a few pieces of the VTZF i have already spotted minor inconsistencies. However, kudos still to Yonex for doing such a great job and upping the ante in racket finishing. Individually the rackets is spotless, and will stand out from the usual glossy ones that u have in the bag.

16. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

The pictures on your facebook, when you showed people your racquet, what did they say or think of? Must of been blown away.

17. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    thanks for the pics! I can't wait to try this one myself~

18. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    The rackets i brought over were yet to be strung. Yet they're already certainly blown away by the sheer weight and stiffness. Many expressed interest to see how it would perform in game.

Most who had a closer look seem to be admiring the paint job. I reckon part of the awe also goes to the thought that they were holding what Lee Chong Wei is wielding now. Somehow the two facts are inseparable.

19. nis270r

nis270r Regular Member

The club where I played at had one demo and the guy insisted I give it a try, I'm currently using victor bravesword 9 and 12, switching between these 2, I normally string my racket with BG 80 at 27 lbs, my rackets are all 3UG2 (standard victor spec)

My first impression, it feels stiffer than VT80 but you don't feel the heaviness that you feel on the VT 80 when you swing the racket through smashes and clears. Smashes are pretty powerful to my opinion, as my partner couldn't defend a few of them. It's easier to maneuver than most of the head heavy rackets, such as Arc Saber 10, Armortec 900, Victor Meteor 80. Vibration is very minimal, that I was little surprised. by the way, the racket was strung with NBG 95 @ 28 lbs.

Paint job is pretty much what you would expect from top tier Yonex rackets, a new refreshing scheme I would say, but it's pricey to me. US$ 240

20. BadBoy087

BadBoy087 Regular Member

officer
    what was the specs of the demo racket sir? is it 3u or 4u? the words that the zf has less heavy feeling when you swing it comparing to vt80 is really teasing me :D