User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again Hong Wei/Shen Ye able to tame MAS Tiger pair KKK/TBH what an achievement in just two weeks beating world class pairs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hong Wei/Shen Ye is by far the most dynamic chinese doubles i have seen for a long time.. CY/FHF is playing mixed all the time..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this pair play actually reminds me of the Koreans. Very dynamic, very powerful. No clearly dominant front or back court player. Haven't watched them as much as other pairs, but they seem to be the natural successors to CY/FHF. I think China's MD dept has finally produced a gem after waiting so long since CY/FHF emerged.
    They still need to work on consistency and patience. Like a lot of emerging young pairs, they just anyhow try to kill everything. At the moment, it also seems that there isn't much tactics involved in their play, just speed and power. I'm sure that will come with time. In their haste, they do lose quite a bit of points. The counter-argument is that their enthusiasm does catch a lot of their opponents off-guard also la.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just watched this pair beaten by LYD/JJS at 2012 AE. All i can say is that, I am very impressed with their speed & power, incredible. No player dominant over the other at the front or back. Additionally, Hong Wei is just as good at front as he is awesome at back. Shen Ye on the other hand did not that deceptive at back & front but he is fast & hardworker. These pair lost to LYD/JJS was merely due to too many unforced errors committed by both of them. I am looking forward to watch them whacking up some high rank MD. It is just enjoyable to watch them compared to watch CB/GZD, much more dynamic. They made us wanna go on court & play badminton ASAP, while watching them, i can't sit on my couch & be relax, i have to stand approaching the LCD and mimicking with my hand every times they drive or smash.

5. Likes bad's fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeShuttler View Post
    Watching this pair play actually reminds me of the Koreans. Very dynamic, very powerful. No clearly dominant front or back court player. Haven't watched them as much as other pairs, but they seem to be the natural successors to CY/FHF. I think China's MD dept has finally produced a gem after waiting so long since CY/FHF emerged.
    They still need to work on consistency and patience. Like a lot of emerging young pairs, they just anyhow try to kill everything. At the moment, it also seems that there isn't much tactics involved in their play, just speed and power. I'm sure that will come with time. In their haste, they do lose quite a bit of points. The counter-argument is that their enthusiasm does catch a lot of their opponents off-guard also la.
    I think Hong Wei is a combination of CY/FHF. He has a strong smash like FHF, and agility like CY.. he just needs to be consistent & gain a lot of real competition experience. If he succeed, CBA just need to find his partner who is better than Shen Ye, if there is any, if not, than Shen ye might fit the bill as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about height of Hong wei?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I mean Shen Ye

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tidno1 View Post
    Sorry, I mean Shen Ye
    After searching through the web.. Shen Ye height is 180Cm which is quite surprising since he did not look that tall at the LCD screen..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team has improved a lot in the past year. I always get excited to watch them play. Hong Wei is so tall and has a very powerful smash.

Shen Ye is a solid player and can stay in the rally, but doesn't win many points from his racket, despite being the front court player. I feel Hong Wei needs a faster partner and a better net finisher as a partner.

There really is only 1 Cai Yun...how can anybody replicate his speed and net kills? But I think Zhang Nan or Liu Xiaolong might be better partners for Hong Wei, partnering their speed with Hong's tremendous power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's just see how they progress next year. who know, they maybe can be elite MD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In preparation match for WC against Fu/Cai, Shen/Hong got obliterated. what a pathetic pairing.

They have no skill whatsoever, just hit the shuttle as hard as they can with no tactics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is shen ye nw?is he with new partner or got injurd?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shen Ye has been playing in the CBSL so he obviously isn't injured.

I think he just retired from the national team because he wasn't at a high enough level. He couldn't compete against the top MD teams with Hong Wei. Hong Wei/Chai Biao on the other hand has shown the ability to compete with top level teams.

Shen Ye didn't really have the great front court skills, and wasn't powerful either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was one of the worst tbh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2