Can you tell me why China wanted Lin Dan to always give free win to his teammates?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by Muscab, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

WHY? Especially Chen Jin.
    Yes, I know that China wanted Chen Jin to qualified for the Olympics. But why must Lin Dan, Chen Jin and Chen Long altogether? What are they plan?

2. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

have u asked the chinese team coach yourself? probably they can give u the best and correct answer

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Chinese Badminton players enter tournaments as a team

Their plan is to play as a team, not as individual players. Chinese Badminton players enter tournaments as a team, and they play as a team.

That's what I see. :):):)

Even in individual tournaments, the Chinese team can select who their players are to win titles (when many of their teammates are able to make it into the Semi-Finals and/or Finals).

You have missed out on many of our BC threads regarding 'Match Fixing'.

4. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

But what are they scare for? Doesn't Lin Dan and Chen Long is good enough?

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    China is not scared

China is not scared. :):):)

It's just that they want to do it this way.

6. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

China is not scared, they do it so they have a higher probability of winning with 3 people as 1 can help eliminate the others. Plus it will also save energy if Chen Jin eliminates the other top players and Lin Dan or Chen Long faces him, they can give fix it so that Lin Dan/CL wins without putting much effort that way they will conserve more energy for the next day. It is just a strategic move.

7. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

So, what the hell are they scared for? Other country only put one single player, meanwhile China have to send 3 altogether. If Lin Dan and Chen Long is damn good, then why the **** they need to conserve energy whereas at the same time, other player for example Chong Wei, only got himself. Now, who gonna conserve Chong Wei energy? this is damn unfair!!!

8. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

uuuuhhh, life is unfair!?

short answer: they do that, because they can!

3 players have a higher probalbility to win a title than 2.
    3 players can win 3 medals whereas 2 players can only win 2.

they want their flag on top at the ceremony, no matter which players atnding on top. best would be 3 flags at the ceremony...

i hate match fixing, but it's their mentality that the TEAM must win, the individual is nothing.

9. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

Damn Lucky Dan!

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    dont ask
    its terror
    hehe

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LYB wants LD, CL and CJ to be in the semi-final of Olympics. Having three players in the semi-final is much much better than having only 2 players. If China has three players, there is a chance that they might win ALL medals (ie, gold, silver and bronze). The chance of getting gold is also considerably higher. If only two players, they might win only get one medal (at most two medals).

Just wondering, what is the chance of CL and LD being in the same half in the Olympics?

12. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    It's a strategic move that would be done by other countries if they had a chance to do it too. It's all about the Gold and medal count in the Olympics.

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

In other countries the national olympic fed. doesn't run the policy of individual associations :rolleyes: ...

Imagine the USA T&F only sending those who they think have the best medal chance instead of those who earned their spot through the trials as fair/unfair one may think that system is. Of course Jamaica also has that system as has GB so would be interesting case if Bolt tripped at their trials :D. Then again funding allocation is also based on performance at events like the Olympics for individual associations so the interests in the end are not all that different.

#13 demolidor, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  14. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

All about the rankings and olympics. Life's unfair.
    /'nuff said

15. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    They can have 3 players entering the Olympic but there is only one player going home with the Gold ; I believe LCW is currently the best player ATM and he have more chance of winning the gold than all 3 Chinese players , if he has to play one of them in QF, SF and F , it is still only 3 matches.

If Chen J played LD in semi final of Olympic , do you think he would stick with the game plan or go and win himself a silver or gold. I know which route I will pick

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you, chris. China team participate in a championship as a Nation and their goal is to achieve what the Nation's best interest.. As long as they make contribution for the nation to achieve their goals they are still hero, no matter he/she is losing or winning. Furthermore, their target is not only winning, they want to dominate.. By having more players qualifying for Olympics, there are higher likelihood that more CBA players will stand at the podium..

In my honest opinion, if other countries have the same capabilities of doing so, implementing What CBA has done for years is not like walking in the park. Some players might decide to go on their own & become independent players.

#16 Licin, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Greed is good. Talk about communism and capitalism. Its human. Get over it. Lol ;)

18. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I have no problem with China behaving in their national interests. Why shouldn't they? They do it because they can. If Malyasia could do it, they would. If Korea could do it, they would. The problem is the structure of the competition. Olympic sports are NATIONAL competitions. As such, each country should only be limited to one entry per competition. Brazil doesn't get to enter 3 or 4 soccer teams, Canada doesn't get to enter 2 or 3 hockey teams and the US doesn't get to Enter 3 or so Basketball teams.

As for this nonsense about Communism and Capitalism. Interesting theoretical discussion but there is no capitalist country left (Hong Kong is perhaps the closest off the top of my head) and I can't think of any existing Communist country (perhaps Cuba). For the most part you just have various degrees of Fascism.