Please recommend me a string and tension. =)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Trilitai, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Trilitai

Trilitai Regular Member

Hello. My skills is a little bit under mid level player. I stopped playing for about 6 years and came back recently. I'm looking to buy a Nanoray 100, a stiff racket. I prefer headlight racket because I play mainly double and sometimes half court single. My style of play is balanced, doing a bit of offensive and defensive.

1. So which yonex string is good overall for both power and control? I perfer durability first because I don't want to keep restring my racket.

2. What tension is good? I want to have good base to base clears. Is 23lbs good for general? I just came back recently and I don't want anything too harsh.

Thanks in advance! =)

2. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

For durability you have more than one option with Yonex's current offerings: BG65, BG65Ti, NBG95.

I suspect NR100 is a not a real stiff racquet, as I have NR700RP which is marketed as "stiff"...in fact is one of my flexier racquets, flexier than NS7700.

I guess you have to try. 23lbs is a good start. Being able to clear back to back not only depends on your racquet/tension combo but also depends on your physique and skills.