User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default China's chance for a cleansweep at the 2012 AE

Itís about time to have a look at Chinaís chance for a clean-sweep of gold medals for the 2012 All England Championship. A clean-sweep in All England is actually more difficult than the say, World Championship, especially in the Olympics year. For the record, China has won all 5 titles at the World Championship in three occasions and only once at All England.

Letís start with the easier ones first;

WD, 99% - got a gut feeling that the No 2 Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei will prevail this time.

WS, 75% - the Wangs are miles apart ahead of the other non-Chinese players. If you throw in Li Xuerui and Jiang Yanjiao as well 75% is on the conservative side. Wolud love to see Wang Xin nail it this time.

XD, 65% - both the 2 top pairs are in top form with challengers from Denmark and Indonesia,

MD, 65% - with the well-rested world champion andb the new inform young pair Hong Wei and Shen Ye, challengers will be from Denmark and Korea.

MS, 0 or 60% - 0 if Chen Jin get pass the first 2 rounds and 60% if he failed.

So, overall I will say less than 50/50 for a China*clean-sweep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    MS, 0 or 60% - 0 if Chen Jin get pass the first 2 rounds and 60% if he failed.
    Haha... yeah that sounds about right. Hope it's the latter as Lin Dan should be more into it considering last year. Just hope he gets the chance >_>. Not like Chen Jin has a super tough draw either. Ugh...

Personally I'd put the WS slightly higher and the MD slightly lower. I really haven't been following closely enough though so... probably don't know what I'm talking about right now!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, i was just about to revise the MS to 35/60, say.
    0% seem to be so unfair to the world no 5

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if ZYL can win both WD and XD, I would be very happy! But that's kinda hard as she has never won both WD and XD at the same time. Am I right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MS is hanging in the cloud for CHN now due to CJ's stupid situation. If LD gives the game to CJ, then MS is absolutely in doubt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better not. If China keeps on clean sweeping all the major tournaments, badminton will disappear from Olympics very soon.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really hoping for LD to defy LYB and CBA, and take matters into his own hands. Screw CJ if he can't win on his own accord.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Better not. If China keeps on clean sweeping all the major tournaments, badminton will disappear from Olympics very soon.
    Is anyone talking about cancelling basketball as a sport at the Olympics because of American dominance?

is there any plan to add team events (like, TUC or SC) to the Olympics like Asiad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good questions
    It might be happen but i hope not, and i think LCW and LYD/JJS wont let it happen

will see

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argument would be completely different if that were to be achieved by a different country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oooooo... malaysian beauty bites the dust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I am really hoping for LD to defy LYB and CBA, and take matters into his own hands. Screw CJ if he can't win on his own accord.
    In doing this, Lin Dan could be not just the greatest player of all time, but a champion of the sport in a completely different way!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    In doing this, Lin Dan could be not just the greatest player of all time, but a champion of the sport in a completely different way!
    and he will be executed by the communist party without delay! .. and become a martyr
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Is anyone talking about cancelling basketball as a sport at the Olympics because of American dominance?

is there any plan to add team events (like, TUC or SC) to the Olympics like Asiad?
    US TV paid a big chunk of money to buy the TV broadcast right. Of course basketball will never be cancelled. Wait till the day Chinese TV able to pay more than US TV. Then badminton will be safe even if China winning every medals in every badminton tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not fair, that's not CHN's fault in efforting to be strong in a sports to be fair... should said:If other countries keeping not doing well and not able to challenge China's dominance, badminton would be forgotten everywhere including Olympic games...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Chen Jin and Chen Long had lost. Lin Dan has shown intention clearly to claim All England title this year by the way he play right now. As for MD and XD, Cai/Fu and Xu/Ma are doing well so far and on the way to claim the titles. I must say the chance for china to clean sweep the titles is getting higher.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy8 View Post
    MS is hanging in the cloud for CHN now due to CJ's stupid situation. If LD gives the game to CJ, then MS is absolutely in doubt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree. If CHN is allowed to keep on cheating, badminton will disappear from Olympics very soon. So far, no walkovers from CHN here. That s good. Play between CHN vs CHN now maintained at 30 min, plus minus. That s better than walkovers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast