Li-Ning Product Reviewers Wanted.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BMNT-Nation, Mar 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BMNT-Nation

BMNT-Nation Regular Member

Li-Ning Badminton USA Exclusive Distributor
    Badminton Nation (badminton-nation.com) is looking for badminton fanatics to demo and give opinion on Li-Ning badminton products from racquets to apparel to strings and shoes. Want in? Keep reading...

The good...
    • Be the first to try new Li-Ning badminton products prior to or immediately after its public release.
    • Your opinion will influence the decision on whether a particular product will be offered in the United States.
    • Major bragging rights.
    The better...
    • We ship or deliver everything to you free.
    • You get to KEEP everything you review, again for free.
    The catch...
    • For every product you demo there will be homework to do. To keep things consistent across all reviewers of the same product we will provide a standardized form for you to complete.
    General Requirements
    • Be fanatical about badminton. Fanatical to a point where if you dont play, talk or at least read about badminton everyday you will die.
    • Honest, unbiased and ready to defend your opinion with facts.
    • Resides in the United States. We understand the majority of fanatics reside outside the US. Unfortunately our jurisdiction does not extend beyond US borders. Apologies.
    • You must know how to string a racquet and own a string machine in order to review racquets and strings. There are exceptions to this requirement but we will review on a case by case basis.
    Sill interested? Simply visit http://badminton-nation.com/become-a-reviewer/ and complete the form by telling us why you qualify in the details and we will contact you with more information. Application period ends 3/16/2012 PST and selected reviewers will be posted on badminton-nation.com.

Any questions post it here or email marketing(at)badminton-nation.com

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i talked to the CEO of Badminton Nation and this is legit stuff. he is working a standardized system for reviewers and is seriously looking for anyone who is keen and qualified to do it.

Badminton Nation is now the official USA distributor for Li-Ning badminton.

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Hope this extends to Canada soon :p

4. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Somebody sign up sir dink!

5. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I am very jealous of this!
    Sounds an awesome opportunity.

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    If only it were Canada as well~

7. BMNT-Nation

Unfortunately we have to keep our activities within the US. Canada has its own distributor that is responsible for the marketing strategy of the Canadian market. They are slated to launch later this year.

8. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

Gd. Too bad we dun see it here at my place

9. Cole Turner

Cole Turner Regular Member

Head, Administration and Operations
    I've got one complain about li-ning badminton jerseys.. they are way samll compared to other barnds such as Addidas, Mizuno, etc... these brands has large sizes which caters to the real asian size..when they say XXL it really means XXL. Lining shirts when I buy.. it states XXL.. but it feels like L to me. Its small. And theses are originals bought at their stores. They really need to improve on this. The fact that all other major brand have big sizes at plentiful means one thing.. there is a big market for it. Any one other thing.. most of their shirts go as far as XL only. What a waste for such a good potential.

10. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

LN XXL = American XL... I think the difference is LN is an asian company and follow the asian size... If you go buy clothes in HK, Japan you'd know... Companies like Adidas go with American or Euro size where ppl are generally bigger. Actually on alot of Adidas shirts you'd see the size that correspondes to their respective market... I wear L or XL US size depending on the cutting and fit of the shirt and LN XXL fits me just fine...

11. Cole Turner

Cole Turner Regular Member

Head, Administration and Operations
    I bought a couple of Li-Ning badminton jerseys at the Li-Ning official store.. size XXXL.. now they fit nice. Problem is they dont have many stock in those size. I go to the adidas shop, XL size and they fit just nice.. but they do have stock.. Point here is.. if there is a demand in Malaysia.. by all means, please Li-Ning, do provide enough supply..

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Yet another reason why living in UK is completely sh*t: everything except the "resides in US" applied to me. Bah!

And I reviewed ten APACS the other week!

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Except for the part where you distribute Panda rackets so you have a conflict of interest. Same applies to Dan.

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I can see that would be a concern, but I have, and do, give good and honest reviews of non-Panda stuff that I like (and don't) - NS9900, Z-Slash and Li Ning N50 were reviewed during my "distributorship", as will be the forthcoming APACS T300. I could certainly be honest with/about LN because

a) They don't tread on PP's toes in terms of target audience,
    b) Their rackets are mostly specced far away from PP,
    c) They are more expensive than PP, and
    d) The reviews would be more for LN's internal use (as my recent APACS reviews were).

In any case, it's all moot - I'm not a Yank:(.

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yes it is moot.

Your idea of ethics however is complete rubbish. :)

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    same here.

i just got a XL LN warmup jacket. very nice material. but i was surprised that XL actually fits me quite nicely. the cut is slim and long which is great as i have arms more suitable for monkeys than human.

at most of the American clothing stores, i would be looking for M or L only. if i go for XL i would look like a 10 yrs old boy trying to fit into his dad's clothing. :D

17. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

So is this going forward? I'm curious to know whether BC members, if chosen by Li Ning USA, are free to tell us that they are official reviewers, and give us their honest thoughts on any of the gear they receive.

As for you Mark, here's some study material for your honorary citizenship test: 10ib.pbworks.com/f/WhydoAmericans.doc

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I find that asian sizes are two sizes smaller than US sizes. I'm usually a US Large or XLarge or frustratingly between the two, but in badminton gear I'm a 2XL or 3XL :eek:

19. BMNT-Nation

Li-Ning apparel are in Asian sizes which tend to run about 1-2 sizes smaller than US sizes depending on the style and the fit you are trying to achieve. For the best fit you should refer to the sizing charts. Sizing for men's apparel goes up to 3XL.

20. BMNT-Nation

To set aside any confusion, this Reviewer Program is operated by and under Badminton-nation.com. Badminton-nation.com is the exclusive distributor of Li-Ning badminton products in the US and is responsible for all Li-Ning badminton marketing and distribution strategies. Li-Ning USA is actually another entity that is responsible for all Li-Ning involved sports except badminton.

The results of the reviews, once consolidated, will be posted publicly. This along with future demo days that we have planned should allow people to have a better understanding of Li-Ning badminton products.