New updated "what do you think" video.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by dimcorner, Mar 6, 2012.

1. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Original thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/107586-Quickie-video.-What-do-you-guys-think

So about 1 month later here is an update:

1. Trying to keep racquet up more
    2. Trying to twirl raccquet less
    3. More follow thru on smash
    4. Use left hand more (both smash and regular shots)
    5. Move a bit more (not used to my partners position so hard to anticipate his shot selection)
    6. Still working on jump smashing timing.. :(

So what do you think?
    (not my camera, sorry for the shakiness and background commentary)

[video=youtube;ngX1DtLJeKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngX1DtLJeKA[/video]

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Who r u?????????????????????????????

3. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Sorry!!!!
    Blue Gators shirt with gray shorts and red shoes holding a Victor MX80 3u with blue grip and white strings.

:)

4. Dr.Dino

Dr.Dino Regular Member

For sometimes, I still think if you move a bit faster, you can hit the shuttlecock at a higher point. Also, during the video, sometimes it seems that you're not following with your partner's movements

5. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Part of the reason is because I have no idea what he plans to do :)
    He never had formal training.

6. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

one quick thing i can say is you should split step as the opponent hits the shuttle so you can move a LOT more quickly on the court. the difference it makes is surprising.

7. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

split step?

8. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

9. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Your play is an interesting combination of sharp and casual.

Sometimes you move explosively, with a wide base and an alert racket. Other times your racket is dangling near your ankles and your feet are nearly touching.

I think this is happening because you have recently improved quite a lot. So my main message would be: carry on what you have been doing! With time, the casual play will disappear and you'll be left with only the sharp play. :)

You have some good skills, both hitting and footwork (there's a cracking shot at 2:08, for instance, and some good net interceptions). The main area of improvement would be to continue developing your mental attitude.

For example: after you serve, your racket head often drops towards the floor. Instead, try to be immediately ready for net play or interceptions. This requires your racket to stay (approximately) around net height after you serve.

10. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Bend knees bit more for return of service. Ur legs r too straight so moving forwards and backwards is too hard.

When ur the front man, get ur racket up lot more so anything comes close to you, kill it!! Its up sometimes but not all time

As soon as you serve, racket up!!!!!!!!!!!

When ur partner is serving in backhand court, you stand more so in forehand court but this opens up your backhand massively. If ur opponents seen this, id jus hit a flat clear to ur backhand. Stand more central if you want but not so far over to forehand court

U need to do a split step cause lot of shuttles u couldve killed at the net but u went in and lifted.

11. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Ok I'll put an updated next month to implement these suggestions.
    Mainly I will try to get quicker more consistently and keep racquet up more often.

My opponents usually are not at my level (older/slower and play WAY more lifts than I would) so one reason I don't like to go to attacking position is because they end up clearing more often than attacking so I end up just wasting time. Either that or they just do drop shots and that can end up REALLY bad since you see in the video I almost ate one that was lifted 1/2 court but he did a bad drop.

I'll have to stay in it mentally and play consistent regardless of opposition/partner. How do you guys deal with someone that just lifts or just drops and is WAY slower than you? Do you guys go for kills all the time?