Yonex Nanoray 80?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Accuracte, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Accuracte

Accuracte Regular Member

Student
    Anyone used Nanoray 80? Never been seeing a review for NR80 in forum, hope someone would tell me the performance and worth for price:confused:

2. tubbocharged

tubbocharged Regular Member

student
    i just bought the nanoray 80 yesterday and tried it out on the night, soo far from trying it, its a pretty sturdy racquet, requires some force to actually get the bird to fly far or smash hard compared to the head heavier racquets (which is true because its a light head racquet). for the price i reckon its worth it if your looking for a med-stiff flex, light head racquet, and its alot cheaper then the other higher end light head racquets. good for doubles and a little for singles if you get use to the lightness of it.
    but ill see how it goes with the ongoing weeks.

3. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Hi, can i know how is ur racquet's performance recently ? btw im looking for a headlight racquet but still yet to decide which racquet to buy, been considering nanaroy 500 but the nanoray 80 is much more cheaper than nanoray 500, so i would like to collect more info bout these nanoray racquets 1st, TIA :)

4. tubbocharged

tubbocharged Regular Member

student
    so far, been playing with it quite alot, its good for drops, clears and smash are good if you have that extra flick and strength, drives are good, all around pretty easy for a headlight racquet. i havnt tried the 500 so i wouldnt really know but on the description the 80 is more stiff flex then the 500. i personally reckon its good to use, would of been an even better if it had a little more weight, since its a 4U it feels really really really light if they had it in 3U would of been even better. the only flaw i would say is that its too light weight, other then that its a good racquet to use for its price, and ye its way more cheaper then the 500 and 700s

5. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

My nanoray 80 seems more head heavy and smashes were awesome. Now trying to do taufik's jumping backhand smash with this racket LOL. The stiff shaft is just what I need.

6. Calvin Lee Wei Zhong

Calvin Lee Wei Zhong Regular Member

So the shaft is stiff?
    Cool.
    The paint job is terrible.