Between the Armortec 800 Off and Def

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tobradex, Mar 7, 2012.

1. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    Hi,

I'm trying to find a racket that sits between the old Yonex Armortec 800 Offensive and Defensive.

I like the Defensive racket's handling, and find it easy to maneuver in defensive play but it just slightly lacks enough head weight for my taste when swinging overhead.
    I like the Offensive racket's head heavy weight, but it's slightly too much head weight and makes it hard for me to completely use effectively.

I may be wrong but both rackets seem to have the same stiffness (stiff) and I think a racket with the same or slightly less stiffness will suit me.

Does anyone have a suggestion that fits this criteria? (it's really hard to tell what would work given how Yonex keeps changing their charts).

I was thinking I might try either the Voltric 70 or Arctic Z slash. (I tried Voltric 80 but it's worse than the 800 Offensive and that seems to rule out the new Voltric Z too).

But does anyone of you fine folks have some other suggestions? It doesn't have to be Yonex, that just happens to be the brand I know best.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

#1 tobradex, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Have you tried Arc10 ?

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Please try one of the following :
    1. Yonex VT70 --> High likelihood that it is the one you are looking for.
    2. Yonex Arc 10
    3. Yonex AT900T
    4. Victor Meteor X-80

4. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! I tried the Arc Sabre Z-Slash tonight. Not really for me. I'll try the ones you suggest next.

PS. I just realized I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. So sorry about that...not sure I can move it now. Apologies.

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Great! Please keep us updated.

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    tobradex, you might want to have a go at the AT900T that is if you could still find one

7. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    I tried the Arc 10. To me seemed even more head heavy than my 800s. Solid though, and I could generate a lot of power but handling was awkward for me. I wish I could use it, I like the colour.

I tried the Victor X-80 right after that. That one feels like a club. I can see why smashers would like it. But between that and the Arc 10, I find the Arc 10 more manuverable. X-80 for some reason seems more stiff as well.

I tried the AT900T. This was a little closer to what I'm looking for, but I couldn't pin-point what I was missing here. My shots were a little off probably because I couldn't adjust my timing correctly with this one.

I tried the Voltric 80. Woah, beast. I could really pound the crap out of the bird, but again, this one lacked speed and maneuverability.

In the end, for me, it was a tie between the Arc 8 and the Voltric 70. Each had something I liked. I bought the 70. Might go back and buy the 8 later too. I hope someday they make one that combines what I like, or that I stumble onto it.

Thanks to everyone who wrote in to help me out. Really appreciate you guys taking your time to do so.

Game on.