iso: 2Uish(preferred) racket without the hype & marketing confusion/bs. thanks <3

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Loafers, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Loafers

Loafers Regular Member

Loafer
    long story short i took a break from badminton and want to play again.

i nearly jizzed my pants today in an attempt to familiarize myself with the newer models when i saw the carbonex 50, but then i saw the price... so tempting...

i've used isometric generic wilson racket, carbonex 21, 30, 35 in the past just to give you an idea of what i'm leaning towards. also borrowed one of those really heavy yonex amortec rackets, but they were TOO heavy.

there was this cab 2u long version racket (i think) that i once borrowed from my friend that was reallllllllly old and fell in love with it, but could never remember the model name and even if i did, i highly doubt i'd be able to find one to buy anyway. (i even made a thread on this, but sadly nobody could help me)

i like the extra long rackets. i like firm grip/control feel to my racket. light rackets have no feel at all. cab 21 was nice, but felt too short and light. cab 30 was nice and long, but i wish it was heavier a bit. cab 35 was short, light and felt downright weird.

cab 50 seems like the logical next step, but i'm not buying into yonex's marketing **** anymore. sometimes i'm tempted to spray paint a $10 racket and a $200 yonex racket all black and have some member of this forum do a double blind playing test to determine the price of the racket being used.

as you can see money isn't an issue, but construction and quality are.

i don't have any friends to try out rackets so i'll take your best suggestion(s). worst case is i buy a random racket and then convince myself its not the racket that's awful, it's the player.

2. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    Another 2U lover. Have you considered to get a CAB 50 SP? It should be cheaper than the JP price.

3. Loafers

Loafers Regular Member

Loafer
    Sadly, USA doesn't sell 2U rackets. The only reliable seller of 2U rackets is shuttlehouse, but it's quite pricey - not to mention shipping.

Right now I'm thinking of a Victor racket mainly because their frames are not super stiff and there is a variety of reasonably priced models.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Badminton avenue had 2u arcsabers last time I checked

5. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

You can try out Victor's Legend. It is in 3U but it feels like a 2U. Stiff and slightly head-heavy, excellent singles rackets if you are up to it.