User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Issues stringing with NBG98 at high tension

Hi,

I have a client who wants to re-string a racket with NBG98 at 30lbs tension. My machine is a drop-weight machine.

The problem is that one of my clamps randomly tooka few bites out of a string once I release the clamp and clamp the next tensioned string.

This has not happened before and I have strung close to 20 rackets these past few months all fine of varying tensions from 24-30lbs.

I string my own racket just last week using ashaway 65 at 30 and have found no problems.

I made sure that I adjust the tension wheel on both my pros pro 5 teeth clamp before I string so that I don't overly tighted the string.

On the 22 mains, i have found that one clamp randomly took a bite off two tensioned mains towards the throat of the racket and the other hasn't. It is very minor though but you can seeit if you look hard enough.

I suspect that that clamp is dodgy?

THis is the first time I strung with NBG98 and am asking for any advice. Is NBG 98 known to cause some issues?

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is a very slippery string with a waxy coating, so perhaps your clamp slipped a bit? Maybe cleaning the clamp will help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Visor, I forgot to mention that after I strung my racket at 30lbs in the weekend, I cleaned both my clamps using isopropyl alcohol and a brush quite thoroughly. So I am stumped.
    It may be as you say that the string does leave some slippery feeling on your hands.

The first time one of the centre mains snapped when I was onto the 7-8th main and the second, it made a visible nick that I had to stop. I ended up doing it at 28, and the strings were good.

This leads to think whether I should get a replacement clamp.

I am not sure what the max tension a pros pro universal clamp can hold for badminton?