User Tag List

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rely to tase75.

[QUOTE=tsae75;1859366]Not a single card was flashed probably because of the environmental pressure surrounding him (the umpire) I think. I can’t possibly think of any viable reason besides that especially when one had witnessed the Malaysian pair got flashed a red card for something less. And the umpire officiating that match was from the UK too - it simply reinforces the notion that the West usually gets away with less severe punishment than the more subservient East.

You see, the western propaganda machine is constantly at work in the papers we read; in the commentary booth (Gillian Clark & Anthony Clark); as well as here on this forum without even most realising it (including the perpetuators). Sometimes it is put across more subtly and sometimes strongly against the likes of China in particular with catchphrase like “cheats”, “walkovers”, “manipulations”, “mysterious illness” scattered all over the press/forum and slowly working into our conscious.

But the hypocritical West, as we have witnessed time and time again, wanting so badly to reign over the East in the world of badminton (case in point; boe/mogensen) would have no question - in any intelligible person’s mind - carry out the exact nationalistic acts as the Chinese would particularly when it possesses such dominance and depth.

I see it in this forum everyday - each time I tried to advocate my support for the Chinese team which incidentally deserves everyone’s unreserved and upmost respect, I got ridiculed, ignored, and accused of inflammatory remarks. Therefore after a while, one can’t help but question these motives.

We really ought to be cautious of the invisible (western ideological) hand at work that tries relentlessly to always encapsulate our unsuspecting minds to turn us against our kind. The irony is that the East should actually be grateful to the Chinese for finally freeing us from the shackles of the imperialistic west and leaving them to the slaughter and slavery of their own (debt) problems. For too long they have been living on the goodwill of the accommodating East.

“It is only a sport for christ’s sake” some would belittle, but the theorists know it is never just a “sport”. There is more at stake if one can see the bigger picture, the history of civilisations and the overall scheme.

But then again your mileage may vary so be nice and gentle to all human kind.

The West is very upset with the dominance of the East , particularly, China not only in badminton but in other sports as while. Rules were constantly changed in the past to counter that dominance. The scoring system in table tennis was changed to the 11-point system to provide for better chances of upsets and the size of the table tennis ball had been made bigger to reduce its spin and speed. In gymnastics an age limit was introduced to stop young Chinese gymnasts from participating in official competitions because their smaller body frames provide for better dexterity.

I am not surprised at all that the Danes were not flashed a card of any colour for their behaviors. In the match against Guo/Chai the Danes were never pulled up for a single ill service fault.The service judge only choose to be correct at the right moment to fault Chai’s service and handed the match to the Danes when the score was 20-19.
    I agree totally with you that many Asians including many English- educated of the Chinese diaspora had allowed themselves to be drawn into the China bashing propaganda of the Western hypocrites . I am not surprised by this at all when you have English-educated Chinese who refer to themselves and other fellow Chinese as “Chinaman” even though this is a derogatory term from the 1800 era which was used by the Western imperialist to stigmatized the Chinese
    Last edited by Flyvet; 03-11-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Gramatical

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Badminton, need your advice, where is to get video Final day i'm very interesting to download it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    Not a single card was flashed probably because of the environmental pressure surrounding him (the umpire) I think. I can’t possibly think of any viable reason besides that especially when one had witnessed the Malaysian pair got flashed a red card for something less. And the umpire officiating that match was from the UK too - it simply reinforces the notion that the West usually gets away with less severe punishment than the more subservient East.

You see, the western propaganda machine is constantly at work in the papers we read; in the commentary booth (Gillian Clark & Anthony Clark); as well as here on this forum without even most realising it (including the perpetuators). Sometimes it is put across more subtly and sometimes strongly against the likes of China in particular with catchphrase like “cheats”, “walkovers”, “manipulations”, “mysterious illness” scattered all over the press/forum and slowly working into our conscious.

But the hypocritical West, as we have witnessed time and time again, wanting so badly to reign over the East in the world of badminton (case in point; boe/mogensen) would have no question - in any intelligible person’s mind - carry out the exact nationalistic acts as the Chinese would particularly when it possesses such dominance and depth.

I see it in this forum everyday - each time I tried to advocate my support for the Chinese team which incidentally deserves everyone’s unreserved and upmost respect, I got ridiculed, ignored, and accused of inflammatory remarks. Therefore after a while, one can’t help but question these motives.

We really ought to be cautious of the invisible (western ideological) hand at work that tries relentlessly to always encapsulate our unsuspecting minds to turn us against our kind. The irony is that the East should actually be grateful to the Chinese for finally freeing us from the shackles of the imperialistic west and leaving them to the slaughter and slavery of their own (debt) problems. For too long they have been living on the goodwill of the accommodating East.

“It is only a sport for christ’s sake” some would belittle, but the theorists know it is never just a “sport”. There is more at stake if one can see the bigger picture, the history of civilisations and the overall scheme.

Methinks you're reading too much into that red card.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb BWF representatives from Asian countries are not doing their jobs?

Not a single card was flashed probably because of the environmental pressure surrounding him (the umpire) I think. I can’t possibly think of any viable reason besides that especially when one had witnessed the Malaysian pair got flashed a red card for something less. And the umpire officiating that match was from the UK too - it simply reinforces the notion that the West usually gets away with less severe punishment than the more subservient East.

BWF is like the United Nations. It is made up of many official/committee representatives from the East (as well as from the West).

Players and spectators need their national representatives to voice their concerns.

If what you have implied is true (which I disagree ), then we could conclude that representatives from Asian countries are not doing their jobs; not ensuring that their Asian players get a 'FAIR GO' in our sport.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't see the match but your little story is quite the fairytale . There are other sports outside of badminton you know where the west is dominant and I can't think of any country that behaves like China on a systematic basis to manipulate rankings and seedings. There are also many other sports where quota per country are installed for the Olympics like athletics and swimming which is why we get to see many athlete from places you've never heard of. Badminton is a puny tiny minority sport in the west and get's practically zero coverage in the newspapers to begin with, not even in Denmark and if any at all it's only about their own players. If anything BWF was foolish to allow 3 entries for top 4 positions. Had they simply said 2 max per country we wouldn't be in this mess ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-13-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Western Newspaper Mafia working it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Didn't see the match but your little story is quite the fairytale . There are other sports outside of badminton you know where the west is dominant and I can't think of any country that behaves like China on a systematic basis to manipulate rankings and seedings. There are also many other sports where quota per country are installed for the Olympics like athletics and swimming which is why we get to see many athlete from places you've never heard of. Badminton is a puny tiny minority sport in the west and get's practically zero coverage in the newspapers to begin with, not even in Denmark and if any at all it's only about their own players. If anything BWF was foolish to allow 3 entries for top 4 positions. Had they simply said 2 max per country we wouldn't be in this mess ...
    I can't think of an individual sport which is run on a national funding basis as badminton is. Most western sports are commercially viable and therefore "every man for themselves" rather than "for the greater good"

The only way it can change is by the sport being commercially viable so more individualistic.

With respect to Asian bwf members not doing there job.....surely they must be doing a pretty good job because other nations , eg Europeans, would minimise the numbers to 2 per country max.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't want to consider "lottery funding" national funding than I'm sure you can scratch a lot of sports of the list yeah . I think the majority of minority sports are government funded through their NOC in one way or another (in Europe). UK athletics certainly is not commercially viable on a whole (nor is swimming, diving, judo, taekwondo, amateur boxing, etc. etc.)
    But their policies are not determined by their NOCs and given a certain qualifying standard it is indeed every (wo)man for themselves.
    Is not GB Track Cycling also a perfect example of a nationalized training group? (individuals training together at a national training centre and funded by the "government")

"Great Britain Cycling Team & World Class Performance Programmes British Cycling's Cycling World Class Performance Programmes are funded by UK Sport and the National Lottery, who support Olympic and Paralympic sports. British Cycling employs Olympic Coaches and supports elite cyclists across Track, Road, Mountain Bike and BMX, with the express aim of winning medals at World Championship and Olympic events. There are also age-group development programmes to spot and develop young talented riders. The GB Cycling Team has developed into a world-leading force since the advent of Lottery funding in 1998."

Last edited by demolidor; 03-13-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick comparison around seems to tell me badminton is about the only sport where individual ranking rather than country/team performance/ranking directly determines number of spots for a country. I mean for swimming it is simple: 2 per country per event (I assume combined with a certain time achieved (edit: indeed), 900 total!). Judo: 1 per country per weightclass, top 22 qualify of the cleaned up ranking list (154 men, 98 women). In addition each continent has some spots to distribute for countries that didn't make the top 22 in a certain weight class outright (still a maximum of 1 athlete per country per weight class either directly or through the extra spots). In total 386 spots.

Badminton: 164-172 spots total. A comparison with tennis is actually interesting here since they have been granted more or less the same number of spots (168) and have chosen to limit it to 4 athletes per country versus 9 for badminton. And no extra spots for ranking this and this high either ...

Let me slip these two articles in as well "worth" reading (feel free to move):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    What about Taufik or Gade ?

Im sure on a good day both these players capable of defeating LD as well.
    there are just no good day for so many years.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cycling has team tactics in individual events too......

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Flyvet;1859477]

The West is very upset with the dominance of the East , particularly, China not only in badminton but in other sports as while. Rules were constantly changed in the past to counter that dominance. The scoring system in table tennis was changed to the 11-point system to provide for better chances of upsets and the size of the table tennis ball had been made bigger to reduce its spin and speed. In gymnastics an age limit was introduced to stop young Chinese gymnasts from participating in official competitions because their smaller body frames provide for better dexterity.

I am not surprised at all that the Danes were not flashed a card of any colour for their behaviors. In the match against Guo/Chai the Danes were never pulled up for a single ill service fault.The service judge only choose to be correct at the right moment to fault Chai’s service and handed the match to the Danes when the score was 20-19.
    I agree totally with you that many Asians including many English- educated of the Chinese diaspora had allowed themselves to be drawn into the China bashing propaganda of the Western hypocrites . I am not surprised by this at all when you have English-educated Chinese who refer to themselves and other fellow Chinese as “Chinaman” even though this is a derogatory term from the 1800 era which was used by the Western imperialist to stigmatized the Chinese
    Hi,by chance I come across your thought-provoking article and almost immediately wanted to reel off in response. Don't be mistaken,I'm not criticizing you,on the contrary what you wrote struck a sympathetic chord in me though I don't entirely agree with you while supportive of you in most others and have a few points to add. Just that in the end,I thought better of it and held back -- this isn't the right forum or platform for it, esp on such a politically sensitive topic.

So I'll just stick to badminton as far as possible and say I'm with you on your point here "I see it in this forum everyday - each time I tried to advocate my support for the Chinese team which incidentally deserves everyone’s unreserved and utmost respect, I got ridiculed, ignored, and accused of inflammatory remarks. Therefore after a while, one can’t help but question these motives."

I believe this forum is free,fair and democratic,based on mutual respect, sense of balance as well as a source of information, a platform to exchange views and pointers in a responsible manner. And don't forget to inject a healthy dose of humour to make it light-hearted,fun and enjoyable. True,once in a while,most unfortunately,some negative elements hiding behind the cloak of anonymity are emboldened to indulge in personal attacks,name-calling,shamelessly hurling insults, crossing the boundaries of decency in spewing vulgarities,... need I say more,they know who they are. Hopefully,such incidents will get fewer and fewer as they check themselves before shooting their mouths off. By all means, support or oppose any nation,team or player you like but be mindful of what you say, citing facts and evidence if possible;otherwise in expressing your personal preferences,likes and dislikes, try to avoid biases and prejudices (not easy though) but.most certainly, no abusive language, personal attacks,racist remarks,ad hominem(not always fallacious) ...[sorry,I got carried away]. Enough said,lest I be accused of being preachy or trolling.
    Last edited by Justin L; 03-15-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28