User Tag List

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    He would do well to skip the ZF too.
    Yea.. with its hardness and lack of vibrationdampening it's most likely a shoulderkiller :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    Many posters mentioned LCW didn't really smash. Well, neither did Lin Dan. Lin Dan started to show some aggression and increase in pace in the 2nd set, but it was cut short when LCW withdrew.
    I don't know what you're refer but LCW didn't really smash in this tournament especially in the semifinal and final today since he got shoulder injury.. It is really good that he have hand sore and shoulder injury but still can put great fight. Meanwhile Lin Dan play with free injury. So, LCW seems better to me. I bet he will win today final if he doesn't have those damn injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    after tonight's game, I am all the more confident that LCW will prevail in Olympics. more walk-over please.
    I thought you guys where all against WOs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Lin Dan!! He is just getting stronger and stronger and noone can stop him.

As for LCW, wishing him a speedy recovery...in time for the Olympic games. He was a real fighter!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K View Post
    Congrats to Lin Dan!! He is just getting stronger and stronger and noone can stop him.
    Nah, Chong Wei injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe LCW can win today final but unfortunately, his injury just so unlucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players in the spotlight and hall of fame in the Premier Open Era

Lin Dan
    Wang Yihan
    Zhao Yunlei
    Lee Chong Wei
    Peter Gade

for their outstanding achievements based on many factors...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough luck with LCW's injury, but congratulations to Lin Dan for his 5th title. After the match the two Chinese Coaches went to LCW to show concern about his injury. And the Malaysian crowd did not abandon their hero, they still shouted his name together with Lin Dan. Good sportsmanship, very much unlike this forum sometimes .......... wakakakaka.

The atmosphere in the stadium this year was more energetic than last year - especially coming from Chinese and Malaysian supporters, sitting side by side and working up the Mexican Waves.

Mixed Doubles and Men's Doubles provided some quality and heart stopping moments, though some unsportmanship conduct from both Thomas Laybourn and Tontowi Ahmad spoiled matters somewhat. Still, Indonesia has finally landed a title after almost, what, 9 years?

Korea has shown that they are the frontrunners for the Men's Doubles Olympic title - although I still think Jung Jae Sung has not reached full power. But he sure does provide great spectacles with those desperate retrievals on his back.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    confirmed that LCW will skip the Swiss Open.
    Confirmed?! Source?!
    This Swiss Open will be the first tournament I'm going to watch...! =/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, where is LYB? In the past you could see him at the final matches but today I saw two coaches, one I believe was Xia Xuanze, and tho other one...not sure who he was. Is AE not prestigious enough for LYB to attend? Maybe he is moving up the corporate ladder and not having to get his hands dirty anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this year's edition of AllEngland tournament. More of the off court activities like KISS CAM. Trying to emulate NBA , NHL and NBL in making it more fun. However this may not work in other countries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, where is LYB? In the past you could see him at the final matches but today I saw two coaches, one I believe was Xia Xuanze, and tho other one...not sure who he was. Is AE not prestigious enough for LYB to attend? Maybe he is moving up the corporate ladder and not having to get his hands dirty anymore
    I am sure with the current position he is holding, he got more important functions to attend to like dinner with politicians, influential figures in the army..

I guess he wants to the next President of China..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think those are not paid professional translators but simply volunteer students who wanted to see sport stars.

Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot View Post

Or at least they should hire a better translator. The translator girl English and translation is horrible. Even Li Na (China Tennis player who cannot speak any English at first) can speak and translate better than her. UGHHHH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    I think those are not paid professional translators but simply volunteer students who wanted to see sport stars.
    I wonder how these students get selected ...poor selection by BE apart from their disgraceful mismanagement of the event that led to Gade untimely exit...Shame on your Badminton England. Putting the tournament of proud history to shame...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinwyyau View Post
    Kwun, what did GC did to you in your past life!? LOL
    apparently years back that was a friendly game that ended in love. say no more

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Tough luck with LCW's injury, but congratulations to Lin Dan for his 5th title. After the match the two Chinese Coaches went to LCW to show concern about his injury. And the Malaysian crowd did not abandon their hero, they still shouted his name together with Lin Dan. Good sportsmanship, very much unlike this forum sometimes .......... wakakakaka.

The atmosphere in the stadium this year was more energetic than last year - especially coming from Chinese and Malaysian supporters, sitting side by side and working up the Mexican Waves.

Mixed Doubles and Men's Doubles provided some quality and heart stopping moments, though some unsportmanship conduct from both Thomas Laybourn and Tontowi Ahmad spoiled matters somewhat. Still, Indonesia has finally landed a title after almost, what, 9 years?

Korea has shown that they are the frontrunners for the Men's Doubles Olympic title - although I still think Jung Jae Sung has not reached full power. But he sure does provide great spectacles with those desperate retrievals on his back.
    you should not forget Indonesian supporters there! I could hear their voices from the speaker
    Indonesian community arranged an event to watch the All England together (low fees for student, and free accommodation!), there should be at least 30-50 Indonesian supporters there
    I didn't go because I have an essay due next week.. if not I would go there and cheer the Indonesian pair

I didn't watch the XD match till the end, but did you hear Indonesian crowd said: HABISIN (finish them)? (like Indonesian tradition..)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why didn't I put that fiver on Jung/Lee at the start... MD was very strange - excellent first game, followed by total disintegration of C/F in the next two. Fu's injury meant he couldn't play touch shots? He can't play them full stop! Tbh, I think J/L would have beaten TWO C/F pairs on that kind of form; I just hope they can reproduce it in London.

The other matches were painfully uninteresting, but the results were a nice surprise (save LD/LCW).