User Tag List

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Don't forget INA's Rudy Hartono or you intended him to be from another era?
    Rudy Hartono and Erland Kops were playing badminton before the Open Era...that's like the stone age of badminton ?????

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    LCW chickened out of the final man.

All players usually carry some kind injury even when 100% fit. Injury is no excuse.

The crowd was more enthusiastic and pressure demanding this year. LD brought his A game to the final this time unlike other LCW-LD encounters.

If you ask me, reitiring was just an easy way out for LCW and he would definitely have continued if he was playing other player (PG,CJ, TH, or PSH etc. ) in final.
    Just to tell you this...

LCW could have elected to give a walkover even before his match began.

However, LCW thought he would have some rallies with LD, just to please the crowd who have bought tickets to watch this LCW-vs-LD Final match.

And LD knew it too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Just to tell you this...

LCW could have elected to give a walkover even before his match began.

However, LCW thought he would have some rallies with LD, just to please the crowd who have bought tickets to watch this LCW-vs-LD Final match.

And LD knew it too.
    I tend to agree with you, he didn't want to disappoint the crowd,eps his fans, and only stopped when he thinks enough is enough, cannot afford to risk aggravating his injury so near to the OG. I admire his sportsmanship and thoughtfulness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    This is no normal injury. LD brought his A game to the final? That was a super nervous LD playing a super injured LCW.
    I don't think LD was really nervous. This is his 5th time winning All England. More like Lin Dan was not as motivated as before so he was not at full concentration for the match. You are right about LD not bringing his A game to the final.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    I don't think LD was really nervous. This is his 5th time winning All England. More like Lin Dan was not as motivated as before so he was not at full concentration for the match. You are right about LD not bringing his A game to the final.
    The better word is super tense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    I don't know what you're refer but LCW didn't really smash in this tournament especially in the semifinal and final today since he got shoulder injury.. It is really good that he have hand sore and shoulder injury but still can put great fight. Meanwhile Lin Dan play with free injury. So, LCW seems better to me. I bet he will win today final if he doesn't have those damn injury.
    Injury or no injury, LCW would only win if LD isn't motivated enough. A fully motivated LD is the LD from the 2008 Olympic Games and 2010 Thomas Cup. When LD is motivated, he is on a different level than LCW. LD's body language was not very enthusiastic during the celebrations - it's obvious that winning the All England has lost its luster for LD (compare this to LD's enthusiasm at Olympic 2008, Thomas Cup 2010, and even World Championship last year). Even at the World Championship last year, LD was playing at a lower level until the game was on the line in the 2nd and 3rd set.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kak pjswift, its reported in The Star that LCW will withdraw from Swiss, straight fly back to Msia for treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Kak pjswift, its reported in The Star that LCW will withdraw from Swiss, straight fly back to Msia for treatment
    Question is how long does he need to recover before the Wuhan Thomas Cup..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whos volunteering to massage lcw shoulder?? Kekeke..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG I just realized that Lin Dan has played AE final eight time since 2004. Only missing at 2010, where he was beaten by compatriot Bao Chunlai at QF stage. This man is SO good.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aulia View Post
    OMG I just realized that Lin Dan has played AE final eight time since 2004. Only missing at 2010, where he was beaten by compatriot Bao Chunlai at QF stage. This man is SO good.
    That is why we called him SUPER DAN...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Question is how long does he need to recover before the Wuhan Thomas Cup..
    Should recover in time lah. Doesnt really matter also, Msia would not win TC either way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When LD is motivated, he is on a different level than LCW.
    I agree with you on this... but not the rest of your post.

Boleh fans need to stop expecting LCW to beat the Super Dan in like from now until the end of his career because LD will always have some advantage over LCW in physicality. LCW can only win against LD when LD is not motivated or not on top form, end of story. Boleh fans are a bit naive in this sense.

LCW also used up his annual quota of beating LD once a year in KO this year. Let's face it, LCW never beat LD more than once a year before, and it only comes when LD feels like giving away freebies.
    Last edited by julianng; 03-12-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan didn't really look enthusiastic after winning. You can see Lin Dan's true emotions for a win he really values such as the Olympics, 2010 Thomas Cup win over LCW, and last year's World Cup win. It is understandable if Lin Dan is not enthusiastic this time since it is his 4th All England title, his opponent was injured, and Lin Dan's real focus this year is the Olympics. All England is just a side show for Lin Dan until the Olympics.

Yes, I agree. I'm going to address this in a reply below.
    This is called 胜之不武 (roughly -- winning without giving a real fight), that's why not happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Tough luck with LCW's injury, but congratulations to Lin Dan for his 5th title. After the match the two Chinese Coaches went to LCW to show concern about his injury. And the Malaysian crowd did not abandon their hero, they still shouted his name together with Lin Dan. Good sportsmanship, very much unlike this forum sometimes .......... wakakakaka.

The atmosphere in the stadium this year was more energetic than last year - especially coming from Chinese and Malaysian supporters, sitting side by side and working up the Mexican Waves.

Mixed Doubles and Men's Doubles provided some quality and heart stopping moments, though some unsportmanship conduct from both Thomas Laybourn and Tontowi Ahmad spoiled matters somewhat. Still, Indonesia has finally landed a title after almost, what, 9 years?

Korea has shown that they are the frontrunners for the Men's Doubles Olympic title - although I still think Jung Jae Sung has not reached full power. But he sure does provide great spectacles with those desperate retrievals on his back.
    Likewise, I think JJS hasn't reached full power yet. As you can see that JJS still spending quite some time at front as opposed to before injury. I also think that JJS front court/net skills have improved, whereas LYD improved smashes from the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    I am sure with the current position he is holding, he got more important functions to attend to like dinner with politicians, influential figures in the army..

I guess he wants to the next President of China..
    I'm pretty sure he'll still show up in all events hold in China. For events outside China, may be Olympic and World Championship~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    I think those are not paid professional translators but simply volunteer students who wanted to see sport stars.
    Think likewise.

Should they be called translator or interpreter? I think it's the latter

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast