User Tag List

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkkwongnz View Post
    I only managed to watch half of the Game 1 and incompleted Game 2. Although Lin Dan played with some unforced errors last night, his determination to win was there. His pace was quite fast especially in game 2. I just had a feeling that he was going to speed up and finishing the Game 2 as soon as possible. Then Lee Chong Wei decided to retire and stop Lin Dan to finish the game the way he wanted. Personally, I think Lee Chong Wei could still play if his opponent was not Lin Dan last night. During the games he felt the determination and the increasing pace of Lin Dan. He knew very well that he couldn't win game 2 and might lost very badly (likely under 10) with the injured right shoulder. I think it is a good decision to quit because the injury could get worse. I hope he could recover well in time for the olympics game.
    I would say LCW could still play if he hadn't need to make a few dives to save the shuttle. I think the dives had actually worsen his shoulder injury. If I recalled/noticed correctly, during his last dived, he dare not push both his hands on the floor to support his dive (which he usually do), instead he let his chest go all the way down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I don't think WS Final is Fixing match.
    I enjoy to watch this match, the quality is high, so much amazing hard hitting. We see WYH's smash return by smash by Li Xuerui. In many time we see how Li forced WYH out position then kill by her smash.
    I think WYH was actually exhausted by WSX during semifinal. Though LXR also had to play 3 sets in semifinal, the third set she played was actually rather easy compare to WYH? (TTY didn't give much resistance during third set)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope the injury to LCW is not that serious that will put him out for months. LCW maybe still needs points and actively participate in the coming months competitions prior to the London Olympic in order to qualify himself as the no.1 seed. As LD and CL from China are current no.2 and no.3 rank players respectively, as per current standing from the World Ranking Table, LD will likely to meet CL in the semifinal, leaving LCW to meet other players (highest could be Garde, the no.4 seed) who he has less fear in the other side of the semi-final.
    All the above situations will change if LCW is to lose his no.1 ranking due to his injury. If LD moves up to No.1 rank and leaving LCW to be no.2 ranked, meaning LCW will have to face off CL, the no.3 seed, in the semi-final, which will be more demanding for LCW. With no disrespect for the other players, I think playing CL in the semi-final will be very demanding to LCW's both body and mind. Even if LCW beats CL in the semi-final, he is still to face LD in the final of the London Olympic, which by then, LCW could be physically and mentally worn off before playing LD in the final.
    Last edited by laivc; 03-12-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I was so tired that I fell asleep during the Womens Doubles (Match No.3)
    I also fell asleep, but for a different reason. Women's matches are tedious anyway (there, I said it), but CH/CH to boot? Come on. Had to keep waking up to pause the VHS during intervals, though - very annoying!

It's possible the WS was a fix, but I doubt it - the three Wangs are pretty much qualified now.

WD... my "fix radar" went haywire with that one, but top two seeds... difficut to see whom they'd be making way for in terms of Q points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    All players always has some kind of injury even when their 100% injury free.

Looks like LD really prepared well for this game, he celebrated as if he really earned his victory despite LCW retiring...

I think LD can go an extra gear if he wants to.... this is just LD 4th gear and at olympics we will probably see LD in 5th gear. The olympic gold medal is LD's for sure. No chance for LCW. LD is my pick for the gold.

The only consolation is if LCW avoid losing too badly to LD again like in Beijing final last time(i.e. get more than 15 points each set). Then it won't look like he's too far in quality from LD and his career won't be shadowed by another heavy loss to the champion.
    After this match, i can sense that LCW will be 2012 Olympic champion

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I was so tired that I fell asleep during the Womens Doubles (Match No.3).

If what you had proposed do happen, I am sure it would wake me up.
    Nah....If deep in my slumber, I wouldn't sacrifice my sleep for this. But if it's KOR or JPN, then, it's definitely worthwhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    My take on Lin Dan in the final:

Many posters mentioned LCW didn't really smash. Well, neither did Lin Dan. Again, go back to the 2008 Olympics final. If Lin Dan wants to smash, the 2008 Olympics final shows an aggressive, fast paced, and attacking Lin Dan. Again, you can see the fast paced and agressive Lin dan at the 2010 Thomas Cup match against LCW. Today's Lin Dan was a defensive and rally Lin Dan and his pace seemed to be slower. Lin Dan started to show some aggression and increase in pace in the 2nd set, but it was cut short when LCW withdrew.

IMO, Lin Dan is hiding his true potential. Lin Dan has an extra gear that he is not willing to show to LCW, unless it is an event that Lin Dan really wants to win. I don't even know if Lin Dan will use that gear if he meets LCW at the Thomas Cup, because Malaysia is so weak this year, China would probably win even if they lose their first men's singles match. Sadly, Lin Dan can beat all of his opponents, including LCW, by net shots alone. Lin Dan is the best player in the world at the net and IMO, Lin Dan's superior net game allows him to play at a slower pace and allows him to play less agressively from the backcourt.

This was probably the most unenthusiastic that Lin Dan has been after an All England win. I don't know if Lin Dan was unenthusiastic because this is his 4th time winning All England, or because LCW was injured. His celebration didn't even look genuine and I really think he was playing the part in front of cameras. We've seen Lin Dan really celebrate before - the 2008 Olympics, the 2010 Thomas Cup, last year's World Cup, etc. I think Lin Dan is looking ahead at the Olympics, and as prestigious as the All England should have been, it's his 4th time winning it and of course, the big trophy this year is at the Olympics.
    Lin Dan wasn't unenthusiastic, he was nervous, hence the error. After this AE2012 game, i can sense that LCW will be the Olympic champion this year. Lin Dan has no extra gear, LCW was close to winning the 1st game despite the injury. Lin Dan was slower in 1st game because he hasn't gain that confidence, not that he can increase pace if he wanted to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K View Post
    Congrats to Lin Dan!! He is just getting stronger and stronger and noone can stop him.

As for LCW, wishing him a speedy recovery...in time for the Olympic games. He was a real fighter!!
    If you watch recent matches between them, you will know that LCW can stop him. To get LCW to stop him seems a bit passive, it is actually LD trying to find ways to stop LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW chickened out of the final man.

All players usually carry some kind injury even when 100% fit. Injury is no excuse.

The crowd was more enthusiastic and pressure demanding this year. LD brought his A game to the final this time unlike other LCW-LD encounters.

If you ask me, reitiring was just an easy way out for LCW and he would definitely have continued if he was playing other player (PG,CJ, TH, or PSH etc. ) in final.
    This whole paragraph is full of error, I think. A game? chickened out? Injury is an excuse? Retiring for an easy way out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    In my opinion, I think G1 was fought at the very highest level by both players, as is humanly possible, under such immense pressure from the fans and media.

As far as G1 is concerned, there is really no point in speculating how the injury affected LCW’s game because it was quite clear to me that the motivation or mental determination simply took over whatever (nagging) discomfort at that closing juncture of G1. LCW simply knew he had to throw all ammunitions he had to cross that finishing line and secure G1 – come hell or high water.

As Anthony Clark aptly remarked; “Sometimes an injury can work in favour of the injured (psychologically).”

Well, it most likely worked against LD because if he had lost to an injured LCW, his reputation would down the drain; the media and some on this forum would go berserk. From my perspective, LCW, in trying to surge ahead to close off G1, in fact put in more effort than he usually does against anyone and that resulted in some of the most remarkable display of skills and confidence I’ve ever seen from him. But even under such a unique circumstance when he had a slight (mental) edge over LD, he could not seal G1.

And of course unfortunately and understandably in the said process, it aggravated his injury to the point of early retirement in G2. I reckon he and Tay Siew Bock would have already planned this retirement if he is unable to secure G1.

So as far as G1 is concerned, we can safely conclude that LD is the superior player last night – injury or not.
    I think we can't conclude that LD is more superior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    Injury or no injury, LCW would only win if LD isn't motivated enough. A fully motivated LD is the LD from the 2008 Olympic Games and 2010 Thomas Cup. When LD is motivated, he is on a different level than LCW. LD's body language was not very enthusiastic during the celebrations - it's obvious that winning the All England has lost its luster for LD (compare this to LD's enthusiasm at Olympic 2008, Thomas Cup 2010, and even World Championship last year). Even at the World Championship last year, LD was playing at a lower level until the game was on the line in the 2nd and 3rd set.
    LD won Olympic 2008 in Beijing, and also with some unusual moves that is unfamiliar to LCW such as changing shuttle frequently, game delay when LCW tried to get his game back... but back then LCW has his own mental weakness. The point is i disagree that the title is up to LD to win and that it is solely depending on his motivation. Most of the time it is because of LCW's mental / psychological barrier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you on this... but not the rest of your post.

Boleh fans need to stop expecting LCW to beat the Super Dan in like from now until the end of his career because LD will always have some advantage over LCW in physicality. LCW can only win against LD when LD is not motivated or not on top form, end of story. Boleh fans are a bit naive in this sense.

LCW also used up his annual quota of beating LD once a year in KO this year. Let's face it, LCW never beat LD more than once a year before, and it only comes when LD feels like giving away freebies.
    Have to disagree with you. Let us see what will happen when both of them keep playing, stay injury free till 2016, if possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    most likely all the 1st seeds will drop tonight.
    The fact is that, all the 1st seeds were fallen yesterday. I am correct once again. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    I think we can't conclude that LD is more superior.
    The PHARAOH has spoken .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    The fact is that, all the 1st seeds were fallen yesterday. I am correct once again. lol
    Can u pls predict that the 2nd seeds will fall during the OG...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot. You won't predict against your idol (MSWR#2).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here we go again.......

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast