User Tag List

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway, it was great to see LD not over-enthusiastic or over-celebrating over such a win (i know the danes for example would be jumping for joy); to see the 2 great players exchanging tops; and the 2 chinese coaches walking over to LCW to talk to him and expressing concern on his injury. that's a scene of true sportsmanship from player to coach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    is she the same one?

with that much makeup, even my grandma can look great...
    That's almost like a plastic face, and every plastic face looks the same!

go and search for pics of some real good looking Chinese women

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it was also a strategy to see how Lin Dan would react. Lin Dan's normal rhythm was totally broken by the unexpected change of LCW's play. Remember the match between Sun Jun and Peter Rasmussen? Sun Jun was limping but he almost won the match.

Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    first of all, i have to admit i don't have all of the facts and maybe some in this forum can assist.

anyway, i can't help but question the motive of LCW and the reason why anyone would first of all allow the news of one's injury to get leaked out to the press and with such specifics too (ie. shoulder or hand injury as reported by the commentator). and secondly, if the injury is serious, being somewhat silly or myopic enough to step onto court nonetheless to pit against someone in the class of LD - risking further injury to the point of self-harm.

i was told never to reveal your weakness to your opponent no matter what before a game unless you have no intention of winning it. it may also be misconstrued by others as being disrespectful to the opponent or even mocking at the opponent (but then maybe i'm being too harsh here).

when chen jin was injured before his game with kenichi tago in the semi-final of the malaysia open in jan 2012, no one knew about it at all - i mean it was like highly classified, wasn't it? to such an extent that everyone was completely thrown off guard when he had to retire at 3-2 in G1.

i guess it can only be that the injury is not serious at all - probably slight discomfort or stiffness at most - but the huge expectation from the fans, country & sponsors was too much for LCW to walk away. still, absolutely no reason for the press to know about it before the game unless LCW is insecure maybe or has such a huge badminton ego to protect.

kudos to LCW for his spirit but can't say the same for his overall strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the culture difference is at fault here! In Malaysia, everybody is outspoken from coaching staff to players, there's no system or curfew about what not to say and if you notice, all parties involve are so eager to be the first one to break the news to the press, good or bad is up to us to interpret.
    I don't think CW injury is that serious but certainly should be caution not to worsen it hence the withdrawal from game 2. CW did mention he did not want to disappoint the fan but I think that's fine as long as he knows when to stop. I think CW did a well in handling the situation, played a close 1st match and withdrew the 2nd when needed, as a fan, I certainly appreciate his feeling for us.

Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    first of all, i have to admit i don't have all of the facts and maybe some in this forum can assist.

anyway, i can't help but question the motive of LCW and the reason why anyone would first of all allow the news of one's injury to get leaked out to the press and with such specifics too (ie. shoulder or hand injury as reported by the commentator). and secondly, if the injury is serious, being somewhat silly or myopic enough to step onto court nonetheless to pit against someone in the class of LD - risking further injury to the point of self-harm.

i was told never to reveal your weakness to your opponent no matter what before a game unless you have no intention of winning it. it may also be misconstrued by others as being disrespectful to the opponent or even mocking at the opponent (but then maybe i'm being too harsh here).

when chen jin was injured before his game with kenichi tago in the semi-final of the malaysia open in jan 2012, no one knew about it at all - i mean it was like highly classified, wasn't it? to such an extent that everyone was completely thrown off guard when he had to retire at 3-2 in G1.

i guess it can only be that the injury is not serious at all - probably slight discomfort or stiffness at most - but the huge expectation from the fans, country & sponsors was too much for LCW to walk away. still, absolutely no reason for the press to know about it before the game unless LCW is insecure maybe or has such a huge badminton ego to protect.

kudos to LCW for his spirit but can't say the same for his overall strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least, we (watching live stream or fans at the stadium) still have had the chance to watch a complete G1, rather than just a few points. If he had withdrew just after a few points, I think, that would be a great disappointment for the fans esp those who purposely bought the ticket to go to the AE finals. Then.....may be.......the response from the upsetting fans might be quite different -- rather than still cheering for his name, they would boo or even throw water bottles.............LOL

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

imho, LD didn't overjoy when LCW decides to retire from the match because:

- he was suprised. his expression was a bit of a surprise. obviously he is aware of what is bothering LCW, whether from media report or from LCW's multiple medical attentions during the match. but like us, LD isn't aware of how serious the injury was. afterall, the 1st game was played pretty hard and the score was close.
    - he was disappointed. being surprised, and never have the chance to play the match until the end is going to be a disappointment for the winner. any worthy competitor will want to win a match fairly and on equal competitive ground. it is much more worthwhile that way
    - it is unsportmanship to celebrate at your opponent's injury. afterall, competitors should only be competitors on court and be human being after the match is ended. and this can be seen in LD's interview where he wishes LCW a speedy recovery (despite how the translator completely botched up the translation...)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

and i think i can, on behalf of the rest of BC, wish Lee Chong Wei and speedy recovery. so we can see him back to 100% and let us watch more display of his skills and all the excellent matches to come.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CJ is known to have back injury....he seems to have one everytime he plays.

WYH had a blister i think, a back support too, but this is fairly common.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Seu Bock said that LCW's injury came as a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    I guess the culture difference is at fault here! In Malaysia, everybody is outspoken from coaching staff to players, there's no system or curfew about what not to say and if you notice, all parties involve are so eager to be the first one to break the news to the press, good or bad is up to us to interpret.
    I don't think CW injury is that serious but certainly should be caution not to worsen it hence the withdrawal from game 2. CW did mention he did not want to disappoint the fan but I think that's fine as long as he knows when to stop. I think CW did a well in handling the situation, played a close 1st match and withdrew the 2nd when needed, as a fan, I certainly appreciate his feeling for us.
    If we read more into what MAS players, their coaches and their press people say, we can sometimes get confused.

Read here (http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...t-move-1.59832 ) on what LCW's coach say;

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

In a telephone interview from Birmingham, Seu Bock said the injury came as a surprise as Chong Wei did not complain of such problem in earlier matches or in training ...... but it was wise to take precaution rather than risk inflaming it in Sunday's final against China's Lin Dan, who thus secured his fifth All England title.

"Chong Wei woke up on Saturday morning complaining of a slight pain to his right shoulder but he went on to beat Lee Hyun Il (of South Korea) in the semi-finals later in the day.

"But it got worse despite physiotherapy sessions and treatment. It was pointless to take a gamble," said Seu Bock.

"If Chong Wei had persisted, there was a strong possibility the injury could have got worse and this will affect his build-up to the Olympics.

"It's a pity he couldn't complete the hat-trick but Chong Wei is still an All England champion. The bigger picture is the Olympics where he must be fully prepared and fit to go for gold."

Seu Bock added: "Lin Dan was also in good form and Chong Wei needed to be at his best to beat him on Sunday. There is little he could do as he was even struggling to lift his shoulder while executing his strokes.

"He is not going to play in the Swiss Open which begins tomorrow (today) and will return to Kuala Lumpur to go for an MRI to identify the extent of the injury.

"He may not play in the earlier matches of the Axiata Cup (on April 23-25) but could be fielded later depending on his recovery."

Understandably, Chong Wei was frustrated with the way his campaign ended but there was little he could do due to the injury.

"I am very disappointed at what happened," he said. "I had the shoulder injury earlier, but I didn't want to disappoint the crowd, so I came to play anyway.

"But when I felt the pain getting worse, I didn't want to push the shoulder any more."

Lin Dan was not surprised that Chong Wei conceded the match as he felt his rival would have been concerned about the Olympics.

"I am very sorry for Chong Wei. We have played against each other for almost 10 years since we were juniors and we are very familiar with each other's game. We have no secrets," said Lin Dan.

"The countdown is now on (till the end of their careers) and we don't know how many more times we will play each other, so we cherish each time.

"With the Olympics approaching maybe he made the right decision."

Lin Dan had announced after Sunday's victory that he is waiting to play Chong Wei in the Olympics.

Chong Wei's injury doesn't look serious at the moment. He has sufficient time to recover as he is only expected to play in just four tournaments ahead of the Olympics in July.

Chong Wei is expected to spend a few days in Basel before returning to KL later in the week.

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

Read more: The right move - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...#ixzz1p2lwkYRw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    I guess the culture difference is at fault here! In Malaysia, everybody is outspoken from coaching staff to players, there's no system or curfew about what not to say and if you notice, all parties involve are so eager to be the first one to break the news to the press, good or bad is up to us to interpret.I don't think CW injury is that serious but certainly should be caution not to worsen it hence the withdrawal from game 2. CW did mention he did not want to disappoint the fan but I think that's fine as long as he knows when to stop. I think CW did a well in handling the situation, played a close 1st match and withdrew the 2nd when needed, as a fan, I certainly appreciate his feeling for us.

I don't know how this is appreciatable: forced to play with a serious injury.

This is not a wise move. What if it worsen the injury? (like now he had to withdraw from Swiss Open) and may prolong the injury mitigation time than if he did not play?

If this is out of his kind concern to fans of this single match, where is his concern for much more fans for the much more matches or competitions he shall be missed forthcoming future due to the worsen injury?

I would say this is not even professional, an irresponsible move to endanger his professional life. Real badminton fans should not encourage the players to do so.

And leaking of injury news prior to the match could be easily regarded as a pre-excuse to worry of defeat.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    CJ is known to have back injury....he seems to have one everytime he plays.
    erm
    should rephrase: chen jin back injury only timely activated when he meet lin dan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, everybody knows GLY has back injury going into German Open, AE and now Swiss. In fact, she had to take pain killers during QF match, which was revealed after QF, so when they lost in semi that is excuse? In the media, tbey praiseGLYas gritty
    LCW, he was asked abt his game during semi vs LHI, why he did not play well, he said has sore hand, didnt say anything abt shoulder. He just cant say just play casually,or tired, or LHI easy meat, lol, would be terribly criticised. Either way, whether reveal before or after match, there will be those who say its excuse, as what has happened on the past lol lol.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-14-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    lol, everybody knows GLY has back injury going into German Open, AE and now Swiss. In fact, she had to take pain killers during QF match, which was revealed after QF, so when they lost in semi that is excuse? In the media, tbey praiseGLYas gritty
    LCW, he was asked abt his game during semi vs LHI, why he did not play well, he said has sore hand, didnt say anything abt shoulder. He just cant say just play casually,or tired, or LHI easy meat, lol, would be terribly criticised. Either way, whether reveal before or after match, there will be those who say its excuse, as what has happened on the past lol lol.
    He could have instead praised his opponent to deflect the scrutiny on his game. BAM PR must not know anything about PR. A bit of research would help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I can't wait to get home and watch the matches. Gggrrrh. My work gets in the way of my badminton sched. Hahaha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    erm
    should rephrase: chen jin back injury only timely activated when he meet lin dan
    Well, almost everytime i have seen him play he has had back injury. I only seen him play ld once.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Well, almost everytime i have seen him play he has had back injury. I only seen him play ld once.
    u mean ae 2008? and ae 2010?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Time I seen him Play Lin that I can remember was AE 2008 When he won.

He was injured in the QF and SF performance then as well. He was injured in the 2009 SF

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast