Want a Racket to replace MP99

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AzeXin, Mar 11, 2012.

1. AzeXin

AzeXin Regular Member

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    Pretty much everyday Pretty serious
    2. What style of player are you?
    I play singles and doubles. I like to smash but also play at net
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    I want probably yonex,victor if there any really good ones then i will look into it
    4. How much money do you want to spend?
    i'm willing to spend around 100-200.

I played with my MP99 i like stiffness and the even balance head heavy the frame is quick for hits. I'm looking for a racket that is similar to this.

2. fshong

fshong Regular Member

Engineer
    Hey used to play with a MP99 until some idiot smashed by racket from behind while I was doing a drive in front of the net. Racket killed at the 12 o'clock position.

Anyways back to your problem.

Currently using VT80 and Arcsaber 8dx.

VT80 good for you if you are the guy at the back always dishing out the bombs but if you are usually at the net for the net kills and drive it does take some time to get used to. It will also take you sometime to get the timing back for defensive returns in doubles. It does take some time to get used to as it has more power than the MP99
    Need to relearn some timing especially for net play and drop shots.

For singles not really much of a problem as the speed is not as in doubles.

Arcsaber 8dx for me is better for the front player in doubles which is where I am most of the time when I am not dodging half court smashes from our opponent hahahah
    Drop shots and net play is better and easier and I find it to be lighter than the MP99 and smashing wise it's not as good as the VT80

My suggestion try out the both rackets if you are interested before you buys as both racket offer different kind of response to what you want. So better try before you buy as they are expensive.

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Hrm......I reckon you'd like the Victor Superwaves 35.