Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Forum Currency & Polls
03-12-2012, 01:09 AM #1
Forum Currency & Polls
1) It'd be cool if our forum had a currency like other popular message boards. We could call ours "birdies" and use it to bet on tournaments, commend other users for informative/useful posts, etc. Of course it would have no monetary value...
Yeah I know we have "Thank/Like", but unlike "Thank/Like" everyone starts out with a fixed amount of forum currency, thus making it a more valuable commodity.
2) Are polls implemented on this forum? I can't seem to find an option for it
03-12-2012, 03:01 AM #2
1. we have done that before but it is proven to be useless. the karma system.
2. admin and moderators are able to create poll. from the past experience (5-10 years ago), polls are too simply created and it becomes a non serving purpose. one may request a poll in a thread, if it is necessary, admin/mods will create it.
03-12-2012, 03:17 AM #3
1) In a karma system each member would get 25 a day, but in the currency system you would get x amount of money only once and therefore would be more valuable.
2) The karma system was intended to help members differentiate trustworthy comments from the deceitful/unhelpful ones, whereas mine is sort of a funsies/waste time sort of thing. Like online betting/speculating without actual money being used.
To give an example, the system I suggested was derived from the one used at d2jsp and similar to gosugamers the only difference in the former case being that the suggested currency has no monetary value (whereas d2jsp does give currency for "donations").
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM #4
Any of those system are major headache for mod and admin to handle. Since we are not in this for money. I will suggest not to use either one so it is less headache for our busy admin and mods.
Thank you all for the good works.
By jcl49 in forum Forum FeedbackReplies: 3: 12-27-2012, 12:00 PM
By jchan04 in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 1: 05-08-2008, 11:37 PM
By cryptail in forum Forum FeedbackReplies: 10: 12-21-2007, 06:58 AM
By Nic in forum Market PlaceReplies: 3: 06-17-2003, 11:15 PM
By |R|S in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 6: 10-05-2001, 09:24 AM