Carlton Powerflo ?????? Help ??????

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by rvtroubles, Mar 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rvtroubles

rvtroubles New Member

Engineer
    Hello sorry but I am new to the forum process but i have a quick question regards to an old racket which did belong to my father and could be fairy old, my question is that should I replace the strings on the old Carlton Powerflo OR replace the whole racket for a new modern badminton racket? Please the photo below - CARLTON POWERFLO AC? also had duo form on the side with super alloy on the racket head too?I know it maybe be a stupid question but if you don't ask you don't know! DSCF0031.jpg Any help would be great!

2. kiradeathnote

kiradeathnote Regular Member

student
    It doesnt matter what you do, it will be an upgrade. If it is an old raquet the string is mostly run out of steam by putting a new one would give it a new life.

But if you never played with it and you dont have any emotional feeling with this raquet I'd say go for a newer one, because newer raquet is mostly lighter then the old one and the most important part you can pick a raquet that fix your play. As this raquet fix your dad's play style.

Or you can do both. First fix the string and later on find you own piece of weapon ;)

3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Just use it, great racket.(new strings)
    Borrow rackets for a hit if you are playing with friends, if you find one of their rackets gives you waay more control, power and defence, Then and only then are you allowed to go and buy a new one, unless it breaks of course.

4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Any idea what tension this can handle? I have one here to do!

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I think the older powerflo's used to state their tension range at 16lbs-18lbs (for warranty) lol. They are not particularly strong(broke couple of frames just with smash out middle) but I am sure they could handle up to about 24lbs. Sorry never tested one to it's limit because just used to use that kinda tension back then.

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I did 23x24 in the end. Seems fine so far.

7. mcho7688

mcho7688 New Member

Hi Mate, hows' this racket doing? I was thinking of buying it off you

8. Brian Mac

Brian Mac New Member

Hi mate, I get mine restrung once a year with yonex bg-65 at 26lbs. I have been doing this for a number of years and its never failed. Great racket.