Arcsaber 10 PG vs Voltric 80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by iShotBosses, Mar 13, 2012.

1. iShotBosses

iShotBosses Regular Member

Hey guys, I am looking for a new racket (my old one is an at50) and i am wondering which one suits me better. I am a intermediate player and i love to smash and drop, but i sort if find that my at50 is a bit heavy, and i also like to counter smashes too. I like to play singles but i play doubles a bit more because of my badminton class. I know that there are other threads about this comparison but i didnt get much information in those threads so please help! :)

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I don't know how heavy head AT50 is, however assuming it is moderate head heavy to head heavy, please stay away from VT80. You might try Arc 10PG it is on the medium head heavy, & you could give Nanoray 700 & Nanospeed 9900 a try...

3. iShotBosses

Thanks for the info, but i heard that you need a lot of arm strength to actually smash hard with the nanospeed 9900.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    NS9900 has a stiff to stiff+ shaft that is why you need a proper technique and a fast swing to wield NS9900. NR700 on the other hand does not have shaft as stiff as NS9900. Both NS9900 and NR700 can defend and attack quite okay, with NS9900 has slightly advantage in Attack, where NR700 has a slight advantage in Defense.

5. iShotBosses

so between arcsaber 10 pg and nanospeed 9900 which ones better?

6. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    Why don't u go with something that are more user friendly? If you are still learning the game, I suppose there is no need to use something that are designed for professionals and you can save a few bucks.

7. iShotBosses

I'm not still learning the game haha i played for a year now, im just wondering which racket would fit me better.

8. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    Sorry I didn't know that playing for 1 year can become professional. My bad.

9. iShotBosses

I never said i was a professional, i just stated that i wasnt "starting to learn" the game. Well what do you think is a good racket?

10. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

Forget about NS9900... it is a defensive racket!

go for heavy head racket if you like to play attacking style.

don't get a racket just to suit the current style that you play! get a racket that will improve what you are lacking off. it is easier for you to switch from heavy head to light head racket then to switch from light head to heavy head.

if you choose heavy head racket and worried that it might be too heavy for you, you can start off with 4U first! heavy head racket improve your wrist power and stroke too...

when i said stroke, i mean using your wrist and finger strength and not all on your arm!

11. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

Arc 10 is balanced racket. (all rounder, jack of all trade but master of none)
    VT80 is heavy head. (offensive)- but try 4U first since you are just a beginner and often play doubles.

12. iShotBosses

So are u suggesting Voltric 80? Or...

13. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Hi there

Very probably you have an equal play level like me. Playing badminton for 1 - 2 years now but still not in a badminton club. Just playing for fun (at a higher beginner / low intermediate skill level) with some friends, arent you? :)

I really can recommend Arcsaber10 (PG), because I own one and it was my first high end racket. No, wait. It was my very first badminton racket I've ever bought.

BUT: I am I. You are you. So I'd recommend to test some rackets to find "the one". It took me 1 - 2 weeks to notice that Arcsaber10 was definitely my favourited racket which matches to me.

I own Voltric80 4U too. And well, it's probably one of the best racket in the world and at the same time somewhat of not userfriendly.
    You need a proper technique, strong arm and wirst AND good stamina. It's a tiring racket. It feels lighter than Arc10 in the hand, but you get tired after some rallys. And the more you're tired the more mistakes you do due the unproper swings ;)

Maybe you'd better try to find out what kind of balance your new racket has to have.
    And THEN you should compare 3 - 5 rackets.

For me it was pretty sure that I'm going for even balanced rackets in the beginning, because head heavy is (in my opinion) nothing for beginners. On the other hands head light rackets are "too easy (?)" to play and also don't give that power you need if your technique has improved a lot.

I hope it helps a little bit :p

btw, if you consider to get rackets from other brands, then you may like to compare following rackets:
    Even balanced - slightly head heavy (3,5 / 5):
    Victor SW37
    Li-Ning N50 /N50-II
    Kason Twister F9

Head heavy - but not super head heavy(4/5):
    Victor SW30
    Victor BS LYD
    Victor MX60 / MX70 / 80 (very stiff) / 2012 (special edition, similar to MX70)
    Li-Ning N55 / N55-II
    Li-Ning N70 / N70-II
    Kason Twister C7

#13 Accordaz, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  14. iShotBosses

Thanks a lot! you gave me some pretty important information and i will certainly consider getting the Arcsaber 10 more :). And if you dont mind i'll ask you another question: what string did u use and what tension?

thanks again

15. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

You're welcome.
    Please also notice my addition at the end of the post ;)

I've started with 10kg, in the next weeks, my Arc10 and BS LYD will be strung at 10,5kg.
    Plastic shuttles -> Stay with 10kg

As I've mentioned before. You may want a lower or higher tension. But as long you don't have very proper technique I don't recommend anything about 10kg, because you don't have enough of the so called "trampoline-effect" from the strings.
    Later on - if you've improved your technique a lot, you may consider higher tensions because the trampoline-effect becomes less important while more accuracy become more and more important.

For me the 10kg would be still hard enough, but the next strings will be VS850, which has a huge tension loss:( That's why I'm going to string them higher.

I've used following strings until yet:
    NBG98 (Arc10), BG80(Arc10), VS850(SW37), BG66UM(VT80)

NBG98 is a good choice for Arc10 I think. Good repulsion :)

Just do not the same mistake like me: Don't wait too long for a new string; If you play too long with a loose string, you're going to get used to the bigger trampoline-effect which affects your swing technique.

16. iShotBosses

Thanks again, i have noticed the last part of your post but im afraid i dont have much time to think because i am in hk for vacation and the rackets are cheaper than in canada (arc 10s there cost $100CAD more!) and i have to go soon so i have to get a racket lol. And that leads to another question if u dont mind haha. Well on the website the SP coded rackets are cheaper that JP coded ones and i saw rumors here at BC that SP rackets are of lesser quality than the JP ones. But personally i dont believe it and i am wondering what code does your racket have and do you believe in the rumor?

17. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I see ^^ Well then, just buy one of them. Or more :D
    Maybe you wanna get a Kason, because it's more expensive to get a Kason outside of Asia, I think.
    Whatever. Don't forget to choose a 3U. And if there are different grip sizes available -> get the one which you think matches to you (even if you'd use a thin overgrip).

The blabla about SP and JP doesn't interest me, because I'm not interested in paying 100$ more for a JP-version. If I'm rich, I maybe would. But I'm not.
    I personally would believe that JP-coded rackets have the better paint job. But I doubt that the rackets themself are better.

My Arc10 PG is SP-coded, bought in Switzerland. I can't complain about the quality. It looks and feels and play superb;)

18. ..JT..

..JT.. Regular Member

JUST Go for the VT Z force.. Chose the Best!! Take a while to learn how to master the Racket if you are playing offensive style! but if you master how to full use of it, you will LOVE IT!

19. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

You're talking to someone who's playing a year. With class mates only.
    To be honest, he wouldn't need a high end racket at all. But we all know we love the sport more with good equipment.

But to recommend a massive head heavy racket to a beginner / low intermediate* player, that's very questionable. No matter if the racket is superb or not.

*(intermediate is a relative word)

20. iShotBosses

Thanks man, your definitely the nicest person i met here :D