User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 70
  1. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The list of tournaments held annually and in the same country is infinite, almost every tournament in fact.

    How does it makenit more prestigious to move countries?

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    The list of tournaments held annually and in the same country is infinite, almost every tournament in fact.How does it makenit more prestigious to move countries?
    Yes, that's why i said most of the countries doesn't consider AE as prestigious tourney, unless they also said that the other SSP also a prestigious tournament. Nothing speciial from AE compare to other SSP

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
    But were their 1st year of holding their respective tournaments... way back in 1899?
    History means nothing. In 2005 or 2006, all england only as 4 star tourney, the same status with regional tourney, Badminton Asian Championships. So, where is the prestigious ?

  4. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well to use a different methodology I don't think the Badminton Asia championships are very prestigious because it is only held in asia and people from outside asia aren't allowed to enter.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Well to use a different methodology I don't think the Badminton Asia championships are very prestigious because it is only held in asia and people from outside asia aren't allowed to enter.
    That's the decision by BWF, not by me. For me, China SSP more prestigious than AE, but surely, it against BWF's decision.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If AE is prestigious, so BWF should classified AE is the only SSP tourney. Very simple. But since BWF also included China, Korea, Indonesia & Denmark in the SSP level, so it is clear to say that, all 5 tourneys are prestigious, and not only AE

  7. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are implying in the first part of you post that only one tournament can be prestigious, and the other half that all 5 SSP are equally prestigious. Which do you mean?

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    You are implying in the first part of you post that only one tournament can be prestigious, and the other half that all 5 SSP are equally prestigious. Which do you mean?
    ooops sorry, sorry...what I'm trying to say in my previous post : "since BWF also included China, Korea, Indonesia & Denmark, so it is clear to say that, the status all 5 tourneys are EQUAL.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All England champion Wang Yihan only considered as "B class" player, meanwhile AE's big loser Wang Shixian (whom never won a single match in AE), considered as "Pre - A class" player. Proof that AE is just a small tourney for China. http://www.badzine.net/news/2011-chi...rosters/11018/

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    WHAT ! On what basis is Kim Jong Un/ Li Gen be graded as B class player .........

    That grading was made last year this year, Wang Yihan, Wang Shixian and Wang Xin are A-class players..Li Xuerui will be promoted to A-class very soon after she bags the China Masters 2012

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Badminton England have hosted the prestigious event twice in 1993 and 2003 in Birmingham. http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=16288...the other evidence that even BWF doesn't consider all england as prestious event.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    List of present day A-class Chinese players and they are measured from their achievements

    Lin Dan
    Chen Jin
    Wang Xiaoli
    Wang Yihan
    Wang Shixian
    Wang Lin
    Yu Yang
    Zhao Yunlei
    Cai Yun
    Fu Haifeng
    Jiang Yanjiao
    Bao Chunlai
    Zheng Bo

    Class B:

    Chen Long
    Tian Qing
    Zhang Nan
    Wang Xin
    Li Xuerui
    Xu Chen
    Majin
    He Hanbin

    Class C

    Wang Zhengming
    Du Pengyu
    Chai Biao
    Guo ZhenDong
    Hong Wei
    Shen Ye
    Bao Yixin
    Zhong Qianxin
    Liu Xiaolong
    Qiu Zihan

  13. #30
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    All England champion Wang Yihan only considered as "B class" player, meanwhile AE's big loser Wang Shixian (whom never won a single match in AE), considered as "Pre - A class" player. Proof that AE is just a small tourney for China. http://www.badzine.net/news/2011-chi...rosters/11018/
    I guess lin dan is a b class player since he lowered himself to winning it 5 times?


    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    Badminton England have hosted the prestigious event twice in 1993 and 2003 in Birmingham. http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=16288...the other evidence that even BWF doesn't consider all england as prestious event.
    How has the wc venue linked with AE prestigiousness?

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    All England champion Wang Yihan only considered as "B class" player, meanwhile AE's big loser Wang Shixian (whom never won a single match in AE), considered as "Pre - A class" player. Proof that AE is just a small tourney for China. http://www.badzine.net/news/2011-chi...rosters/11018/
    Such a small tournament that is why the Chinese team are sent to it every year (even some of the more inexperienced players like Zhang Nan) remember he was Sent there for his first time, and he went from being in the qualification to winning?

    There is never a year, that the strongest players aren't at the All England. Korea, China etc all send all their players their (there are some that are sent and only make the reserve list) that's how strong it is. If they don't consider it prestigious why do that?

    BWF, can't just have one tournament in the SS calendar at a different level to all the others, all by itself. Do you not think the other associations would complain? The AE is a prestigious tournament and IMO, more prestigious than the others in the SS calendar.

    How can you consider the Badminton Asian Championships to be more prestigious than the AE? Have you seen the entry lists for both? There are some player that arent even ranked in the BAC (in fact there was a match this year where it was 21-0 21-0) that just puts your argument dead in the water...

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    WHAT ! On what basis is Kim Jong Un/ Li Gen be graded as B class player .........
    China has several tournaments : China SS, China Master, China Badminton Super League, and also China National Games so I'm not very sure if they only count 1 evsent, 2 events, 4 events or more than that. But for sure, WSX'S success to be graded as "Pre A class player" without AE contribution has already proves that AE was nothing for China. zero contribution from AE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    That grading was made last year this year, Wang Yihan, Wang Shixian and Wang Xin are A-class players..Li Xuerui will be promoted to A-class very soon after she bags the China Masters 2012
    WYH = A class player ? Yes ! She is a world champion. OG / World champion automatically graded as A class player for China, now matterhow worst their performance in small tournament AE.

  16. #33
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,278
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    Badminton England have hosted the prestigious event twice in 1993 and 2003 in Birmingham. http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=16288...the other evidence that even BWF doesn't consider all england as prestious event.
    Using that to support your argument well, it's no support at all. LOL.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    I guess lin dan is a b class player since he lowered himself to winning it 5 times?
    OG / World Champion automatically graded as A class player for China. Wang Lin & Zhu Lin never won AE, but they are A class player
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    How has the wc venue linked with AE prestigiousness?
    The article says that Badminton England have hosted the prestigious event twice in 1993 & 2003. Ooowww, AE was organized by Badminton England right ? So why only twice ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 56
    : 09-20-2009, 11:24 PM
  2. US Open Grand Slam 2008
    By Sandy in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 5
    : 08-29-2008, 01:13 AM
  3. Grand Slam winner
    By weeyet in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 70
    : 03-25-2008, 04:26 AM
  4. Badmintoncentral grand slam
    By Cheung in forum General Forum
    Replies: 52
    : 04-24-2007, 04:05 AM
  5. it's the grand slam now........
    By *GaDe~CaMiLlA* in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 27
    : 01-29-2005, 12:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •