Racket Choice

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by the_guilf2003, Aug 1, 2003.

1. the_guilf2003

the_guilf2003 Regular Member

Hi,

I've been playing Badminton for about 6 months right now. I first played with a pretty bad Donnay Pro-One Graphite, and then upgraded slightly to the Pro Graphite 100. The latter has served me well, but I feel that it's time to move on.

I've been looking at the Yonex muscle power and isometric racquets, and if anyone could give me some advice on a good purchase for a beginner / intermediate, that would be much appreciated. Also, any tips on stringing would be good. Thanks.

P.S.: I'm looking for a racquet with a fair bit of power behind it more than the control.

#1 the_guilf2003, Aug 1, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2003
  2. Pointfore.Ca

Pointfore.Ca Regular Member

Equipment Reseller
    How much are you looking to spend on a new racquet? It's really up to you what you choose, but Muscle Power racquets definitely are for those who want more power because the sweetspot is bigger. Go with an isometric head because you'll have more chance of getting the shuttle back over the net even if you mishit.

3. the_guilf2003

I'm looking to spend anywhere up to £80 on a new racquet.

4. the_guilf2003

Ok, I think I've decided to get a Yonex Ti-7. I can find it here for £79.99 (about $122.30), now the question is:

I'm coming to America soon (tommorrow), and was wondering if anywhere sells the Ti-7 cheaper than $122.30? If so, please tell me?