User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 91
  1. #52
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The MX80 generally has a BP of around 300 too, so I don't think it would be head heavy enough. It certainly had a different feel, so you might like it. Don't forget the TSF500 either - I think in some ways it's better than the C7.

    You know, I'm almost tempted to revisit the Armortec 900 Technique. If I wasn't knee-deep in rackets I'd probably pick one up to try again.

  2. #53
    Regular Member ikki9394's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    The MX80 generally has a BP of around 300 too, so I don't think it would be head heavy enough. It certainly had a different feel, so you might like it. Don't forget the TSF500 either - I think in some ways it's better than the C7.

    You know, I'm almost tempted to revisit the Armortec 900 Technique. If I wasn't knee-deep in rackets I'd probably pick one up to try again.
    But i remember somewhere in this thread u mention that C7 is better than tsf500 in some way...

    However, i'm sure that both has it pros and cons. Im looking at C7 because I wanted something similar to my BS LYD and slightly head heavy so most of my friends suggested meteor x70/80 and C7. Bout the tsf500, I haven't look into it in detail. Have u made a detail performance comparison between TSF500 and C7 in this thread already?

  3. #54
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seeing that's what this thread is about, I'd say yeah, it's probably in here somewhere!

    The C7 is a bit 'soft' for me these days. It doesn't have much torsional stability outside the sweetspot, and as I'm just a rank amateur, I don't really need a racket that punishes me for being a hack. I need all the help I can get!

    You might like the C7 though, it's hard to know. *shrug*

    Buy one and see what you think.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    K.L., Malaysia
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikki9394 View Post
    But i remember somewhere in this thread u mention that C7 is better than tsf500 in some way...

    However, i'm sure that both has it pros and cons. Im looking at C7 because I wanted something similar to my BS LYD and slightly head heavy so most of my friends suggested meteor x70/80 and C7. Bout the tsf500, I haven't look into it in detail. Have u made a detail performance comparison between TSF500 and C7 in this thread already?
    So far, C7 has been serving me well after I switched from mx80 some times ago. It doesn't demand as much as mx80 for me, I am not tired using C7 as compared to mx80 after an hour of play.

    To me, C7 is less stiff than mx80 but more powerful due to its head heaviness. But it is not as accurate and speedy as mx80. MX80 allows me to have more variety of playing styles but C7 restricts it. C7 is certainly good in attack particularly.

    I am also very interested to know how BS LYD performs as compared to C7 and MX80. Someone pls provide us some info

  5. #56
    Regular Member ikki9394's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    So far, C7 has been serving me well after I switched from mx80 some times ago. It doesn't demand as much as mx80 for me, I am not tired using C7 as compared to mx80 after an hour of play.

    To me, C7 is less stiff than mx80 but more powerful due to its head heaviness. But it is not as accurate and speedy as mx80. MX80 allows me to have more variety of playing styles but C7 restricts it. C7 is certainly good in attack particularly.

    I am also very interested to know how BS LYD performs as compared to C7 and MX80. Someone pls provide us some info
    According to what u said? Wouldn't mx jjs/london/70 would be just nice? less demanding at same head heaviness. Lighter head gives u more maneuverability; also should maintain the accuracy and speed from your previous mx80. Just wondering...

    I've tried compared my BS LYD to mx80 and C7 before but not the rest.

    x80 - tried for 2~3 games continuosly, does not have any problem like tiring my arm.
    Apart from timing issue as it is relatively much stiffer than my lyd the maneuverability and head heaviness are just fine.

    C7 - At first don't really get use to the head heaviness, feels like breaking my arm when I 1st use it to smash as thats my very 1st time using a 305bp racquet. I started from 285bp apac lethal until i got my 295bp BS LYD. But after I got used to it find it much easier to generate smash power compared to my LYD but of course my reaction to return shuttle also slows down as im still not use to the head heaviness

    So... should I get the victor mx 300bp or the C7 305bp? Dilemma...

    Oh ya Maklike, whats the bp of the TSF500? its overall lighter than C7?

  6. #57
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My C7 is 304, and the TSF500 is 300 - the same as all the Victor Meteors I've owned (five in total). 4mm might not seem like much, but it's very obvious in the C7.

    For the record I still think the MX60 is the best Meteor for players of my skill level (intermediate club).

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    K.L., Malaysia
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikki9394 View Post
    According to what u said? Wouldn't mx jjs/london/70 would be just nice? less demanding at same head heaviness. Lighter head gives u more maneuverability; also should maintain the accuracy and speed from your previous mx80. Just wondering...

    I've tried compared my BS LYD to mx80 and C7 before but not the rest.

    x80 - tried for 2~3 games continuosly, does not have any problem like tiring my arm.
    Apart from timing issue as it is relatively much stiffer than my lyd the maneuverability and head heaviness are just fine.

    C7 - At first don't really get use to the head heaviness, feels like breaking my arm when I 1st use it to smash as thats my very 1st time using a 305bp racquet. I started from 285bp apac lethal until i got my 295bp BS LYD. But after I got used to it find it much easier to generate smash power compared to my LYD but of course my reaction to return shuttle also slows down as im still not use to the head heaviness

    So... should I get the victor mx 300bp or the C7 305bp? Dilemma...

    Oh ya Maklike, whats the bp of the TSF500? its overall lighter than C7?
    I haven't tried mx jjs/london/70 before, have u tried and what is your comments? From the forum, mx jjs is particularly head heavy like SW35 which I don't like. And MX70 is not particularly getting good review from the BC forumers. MX70 may have caught my attention but not sure the reason as its reception is not as good as MX80 which is more demanding to many in general.

    For u to choose between mx80 and C7, it depends on what is the reason of you looking for them as compared to your current BS LYD. Are u looking for maneuverability, accuracy, defense, speed or "crispy" feel which MX80 can satisfy u or are u looking for power or attacking kind of playing style, then C7 may satisfy u.

    Just my 2 cents. Anyone pls comments also based on your experience.......

  8. #59
    Regular Member ikki9394's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    I haven't tried mx jjs/london/70 before, have u tried and what is your comments? From the forum, mx jjs is particularly head heavy like SW35 which I don't like. And MX70 is not particularly getting good review from the BC forumers. MX70 may have caught my attention but not sure the reason as its reception is not as good as MX80 which is more demanding to many in general.

    For u to choose between mx80 and C7, it depends on what is the reason of you looking for them as compared to your current BS LYD. Are u looking for maneuverability, accuracy, defense, speed or "crispy" feel which MX80 can satisfy u or are u looking for power or attacking kind of playing style, then C7 may satisfy u.

    Just my 2 cents. Anyone pls comments also based on your experience.......
    Whats the average bp of a sw35 with a normal overgrip+string?

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    K.L., Malaysia
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikki9394 View Post
    Whats the average bp of a sw35 with a normal overgrip+string?
    I have no idea, I think is definitely over 305bp easily.

  10. #61
    Regular Member ikki9394's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    I have no idea, I think is definitely over 305bp easily.
    Don't think mx jjs will go above 305bp... That piece of graphene would not add that much weight to the head i reckon...

  11. #62
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The problem I have with the SW35 (and I've tried really REALLY hard to like that racket) is that while some might be 305, it doesn't carry its weight at 12 o'clock but instead evenly distributed throughout the head, which is not my preferred feel. If you want tro try one, I'd recommend the 4U.

    The reason the MX70 is not so popular, is because it's too close to the 80 in spec. That and I suspect it's blue/silver colour is not as well received by consumers as the red/gold of the 80.

    I don't think you should discount the TSF500 in all of this. Since I first did this comparo, my opinion of the 500 has just pipped ahead of the C7. It's a great feeling doubles racket, good overall stiffness....feels amazing with BG66U....and just does everything well.

  12. #63
    Regular Member ikki9394's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    My C7 is 304, and the TSF500 is 300 - the same as all the Victor Meteors I've owned (five in total). 4mm might not seem like much, but it's very obvious in the C7.

    For the record I still think the MX60 is the best Meteor for players of my skill level (intermediate club).
    Well in this case, I think i'll go for mx60 then since I hardly find tsf500 around my place... Whats the bp of your mx60? overgrip? string?

  13. #64
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    300mm, Karakal PU Super, BG66U.

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Maklike... would you say that the C7 plays similar to that of a MX60 but with heavier head? Am using MX60 myself but at times would wish that it will be a little head heavier for extra smash power. Thanks

  15. #66
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nah, the C7 is closest to the AT900T. If you want a head heavier MX60, you'll have to either add lead tape to it or wait for this new company called White Label Badminton or something as I hear they're doing something along those lines

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see... so is there any racket that has this profile Soo0ooF and HH0ooooHL ? How is the C7 compared to MX60? Is it stiffer that MX60 or the feel is totally different?

  17. #68
    Regular Member Cycril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in M'sia
    Posts
    371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    I haven't tried mx jjs/london/70 before, have u tried and what is your comments? From the forum, mx jjs is particularly head heavy like SW35 which I don't like. And MX70 is not particularly getting good review from the BC forumers. MX70 may have caught my attention but not sure the reason as its reception is not as good as MX80 which is more demanding to many in general.

    For u to choose between mx80 and C7, it depends on what is the reason of you looking for them as compared to your current BS LYD. Are u looking for maneuverability, accuracy, defense, speed or "crispy" feel which MX80 can satisfy u or are u looking for power or attacking kind of playing style, then C7 may satisfy u.

    Just my 2 cents. Anyone pls comments also based on your experience.......
    i thought mxjjs is just a repainted model of MX70 based on the specs with some graphite i think

    it is 4/5 stiff and 4/5 head heavy based on the official website, can hardly compare to C7 since it's shaft is more flexible than MX70, just a point of view (please don't complain >.<)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kason TSF500
    By Sealman in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 62
    : 05-29-2012, 02:26 AM
  2. WTB: Kason Twister F9/ C7/ SW37/ Kason 300 series A/D/Ti (MY)
    By ammil89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 5
    : 04-17-2012, 09:13 AM
  3. FS: WTS 3 rackets. Take a look. :) thanks.MX80,KASON TSF500, BABOLAT SATELLITE 6.5
    By breadtalk354 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 5
    : 02-24-2012, 09:44 AM
  4. Hi-Qua Alpha Flying Clamps Shootout!
    By fishmilk in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 42
    : 03-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •