User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Arcsaber Vs Voltric

    Hi fellow BCers, i am deciding to buy a new racquet. My Budget is no more than 80 dollars. I have narrowed it down to Arcsaber 009DX, Voltric 5 and Voltric 7. I dont know whether my play is attacking or defense as i defend against better players and attack against same or lower level players. I would like to say i would like to smash more. Can anyone give me suggestions or tell which one to buy? Only Yonex please as there is a one and only showroom and that is yonex and preferable string and tension ( as some say string feels good at a certain tension as some say and feel free to comment and correct on anything).
    Last edited by sarath_031; 08-16-2012 at 02:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,445
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    if you don't know iff you are an attacking or defensive player yet
    I would go for arcsaber series
    and don't go for arcsaber 009DX, it might be too stiff for you

    I would go for arcsaber 008

    string? there are many good string out there.. I would go for BG80, BG66 UM, or NBG98
    for tension? it depends, if you are beginner, 20-22 lbs should be enough
    intermediate 22-24lbs
    advance: 24+ lbs

    if you are not sure if you are beginner or intermediate, I would go for something like 21lbs

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    if you don't know iff you are an attacking or defensive player yet
    I would go for arcsaber series
    and don't go for arcsaber 009DX, it might be too stiff for you

    I would go for arcsaber 008

    string? there are many good string out there.. I would go for BG80, BG66 UM, or NBG98
    for tension? it depends, if you are beginner, 20-22 lbs should be enough
    intermediate 22-24lbs
    advance: 24+ lbs

    if you are not sure if you are beginner or intermediate, I would go for something like 21lbs

    I think that by getting an extra stiff racquet i push myself to the limit as its always been the way with me. But if everybody suggests that the rate of growth will be very small compared to the amount of time spent, and also considering that i play with a mp800 which is medium stiff and my ability of play, i think i can try.But, if the firstsaid factor about time and energy spent dominates then i will go for a medium stiff racquet. I am an intermediate player and i think i will go with BG65 at 24lbs as it is a high durability string and BG66UM tends to break often (at my level of play). Isnt arcsaber 008 a lot costlier than 009DX? 008 costs around 120 dollars. Can you guys pls tell me about nanoray and nanospeed

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,445
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarath_031 View Post
    I think that by getting an extra stiff racquet i push myself to the limit as its always been the way with me. But if everybody suggests that the rate of growth will be very small compared to the amount of time spent, and also considering that i play with a mp800 which is medium stiff and my ability of play, i think i can try.But, if the firstsaid factor about time and energy spent dominates then i will go for a medium stiff racquet. I am an intermediate player and i think i will go with BG65 at 24lbs as it is a high durability string and BG66UM tends to break often (at my level of play). Isnt arcsaber 008 a lot costlier than 009DX? 008 costs around 120 dollars. Can you guys pls tell me about nanoray and nanospeed

    009DX should be more expensive than 008.. (or maybe it is on discount?)
    http://www.badmintonalley.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=arcsaber&Search.x=0&Searc h.y=0

    b
    ecomes good with stiffer racket does not mean you are becoming a better player
    each player suits different stiffness
    having an extra stiff racket will force you to use more power (in the wrong way)
    it will make your arm, elbow, and shoulder hurt
    you will be more prone to the injury

    combine those extra stiff racket with 24lbs, it would be a nightmare
    you will get tennis elbow

    not many would go for 24lbs I would suggest 21 or 22lbs (except you know how tight 24lbs is)
    and bg65 is very standard, I would go for something else

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    009DX should be more expensive than 008.. (or maybe it is on discount?)
    http://www.badmintonalley.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=arcsaber&Search.x=0&Searc h.y=0

    b
    ecomes good with stiffer racket does not mean you are becoming a better player
    each player suits different stiffness
    having an extra stiff racket will force you to use more power (in the wrong way)
    it will make your arm, elbow, and shoulder hurt
    you will be more prone to the injury

    combine those extra stiff racket with 24lbs, it would be a nightmare
    you will get tennis elbow

    not many would go for 24lbs I would suggest 21 or 22lbs (except you know how tight 24lbs is)
    and bg65 is very standard, I would go for something else
    I actually got my racquet re-strung with BG65 at 24 lbs and as BG-65 has less tension retaining capability so it is 22lbs. Are you exactly suggesting that i should buy a medium stiff racquet and increase my tension periodically ( not literally ) when i want to increase my performance. I did not think about injury. Thanks for the info. Arcsaber 008DX and Arcsaber 009DX cost 80 dollars with + or -5 dollars difference. If i want a medium stiff racquet i should probably go for voltric as its in the price range. I have used a head heavy racquet before ( a freind's racquet ). Avenger, thanks for the suggestions and info.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,445
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarath_031 View Post
    I actually got my racquet re-strung with BG65 at 24 lbs and as BG-65 has less tension retaining capability so it is 22lbs. Are you exactly suggesting that i should buy a medium stiff racquet and increase my tension periodically ( not literally ) when i want to increase my performance. I did not think about injury. Thanks for the info. Arcsaber 008DX and Arcsaber 009DX cost 80 dollars with + or -5 dollars difference. If i want a medium stiff racquet i should probably go for voltric as its in the price range. I have used a head heavy racquet before ( a freind's racquet ). Avenger, thanks for the suggestions and info.
    to increase your performance, it is not about how stiff your racket is or how tight your string is
    it is all about you, when you are progressing with your training, naturally you will have more power, stamina, better technique which result in better power management and output.
    shaft stiffness will try to handle this pressure of you power
    stiffer shaft would recover quickly however you need more power to bend it (if you can't bend the shaft, that means power from you do not get transferred to the racket = no power into your shot)
    flexible shaft will takes time to recover but it takes little power to bend it (if you have too much power tend it will bend a lot and resulting in wrong choice of shot, for example, you want to do a smash, but it becomes a clear since the racket bend and delay the contact)

    people usually try to find their comfortable level, and this is differ from one person to another
    my suggestion is, go for something that is not too stiff, if you find out that the arcsaber 009DX is too stiff for you, what can you do?
    based on my experience, having stiffer shaft does not help you much
    it should racket that match the player, not player that should match the racket

    string tension is also personal choice, there is no set of rules about it (and when I said 22-24lbs that doesn't mean the tension of the string after tension loss)
    too tight and you cannot do powerful shot
    too loose and you lose some accuracy (because you cannot gauge how much power you need to do a shot, this is critical esp in the net shot)
    usually what we afraid of (Esp of beginner and intermediate) we don't have enough power
    I tried a high tension setup before, every single shot was awful, my shots got no power in it
    my arms hurt after few games because I tried to extract so much power and the power that transferred to the shuttle is so little

    actually, what do you feel with your current racket? do you like it or do you think you need stiffer shaft?
    if you like it stiffer, I will not gonna jump to extra stiff racket straight away

    do you think you need more power? if yes, voltric range would suit you well
    IMO, try your friend's racket and decide if you like a head heavy racket or not

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    to increase your performance, it is not about how stiff your racket is or how tight your string is
    it is all about you, when you are progressing with your training, naturally you will have more power, stamina, better technique which result in better power management and output.
    shaft stiffness will try to handle this pressure of you power
    stiffer shaft would recover quickly however you need more power to bend it (if you can't bend the shaft, that means power from you do not get transferred to the racket = no power into your shot)
    flexible shaft will takes time to recover but it takes little power to bend it (if you have too much power tend it will bend a lot and resulting in wrong choice of shot, for example, you want to do a smash, but it becomes a clear since the racket bend and delay the contact)

    people usually try to find their comfortable level, and this is differ from one person to another
    my suggestion is, go for something that is not too stiff, if you find out that the arcsaber 009DX is too stiff for you, what can you do?
    based on my experience, having stiffer shaft does not help you much
    it should racket that match the player, not player that should match the racket

    string tension is also personal choice, there is no set of rules about it (and when I said 22-24lbs that doesn't mean the tension of the string after tension loss)
    too tight and you cannot do powerful shot
    too loose and you lose some accuracy (because you cannot gauge how much power you need to do a shot, this is critical esp in the net shot)
    usually what we afraid of (Esp of beginner and intermediate) we don't have enough power
    I tried a high tension setup before, every single shot was awful, my shots got no power in it
    my arms hurt after few games because I tried to extract so much power and the power that transferred to the shuttle is so little

    actually, what do you feel with your current racket? do you like it or do you think you need stiffer shaft?
    if you like it stiffer, I will not gonna jump to extra stiff racket straight away

    do you think you need more power? if yes, voltric range would suit you well
    IMO, try your friend's racket and decide if you like a head heavy racket or not

    I used a slightly head heavy racquet and i was very much comfortable with it. From your suggestions, i should go with voltric 7 and nbg95/98 as arc's are too stiff. Thanks for the suggestion.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Singapore/Malaysia
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see that voltric 5 is almost on par with 7 in terms of performance. Many online reviews also favour the v5 over v7. My friend owns a v5 and it is pretty good too. Nice smashes though I haven't tried it for defensive.. And it's cheaper than v7. Perhaps you can try testing them at the shop or something, but to save cash perhaps for several rounds of restrings, I would go for v5 instead of 7.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •