User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Victor uk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benwilluk View Post
    I had a hit with one of the newer spec BS11 tonight and really enjoyed playing with it - it was a 4/5 stiffness and a 3/5 balance. Managed to create a good amount of power and it was also really quick in defence. didn't have may timing issues either switching between the BS11 and BS LYD. Hoping to get my BS12 back from the stringers next week to test out.
    What's the going rate over there for the BS11? You guys are so lucky you still have 'the golden spec' version.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK - so I've been deliberating over this thread for sometime and have chatted to other members on the forum about VICTOR in the UK, how it is perceived and more importantly, availability of products in the UK.

There have been lots of comments made surrounding products available in Asia not being available in Europe or the UK, which to a large extent I agree with. However, from a business perspective you need to weigh up whether the market is big enough to stock all products released and two, if the market is big enough is there a demand - particularly in what is still a largely Yonex dominated market.

So, I have decided to invest some money and provide another avenue to market for VICTOR in the UK. I have used VICTOR products for some while and believe in the quality of the products, I just don't think they are easy enough to get hold of. So I have started to stock VICTOR products to sell to the UK market. I am also lobbying VICTOR to try and be more proactive in getting products released in the UK when they are released in Asia - although this may take some time.

I am currently creating a website - www.badmintonbase.co.uk (currently a holding page), and have a presence on Facebook to try and build a network of contacts as obviously the best way to push VICTOR to release more in to the UK is to increase popularity and ultimately sales in the UK. I am based in the East of England and VICTOR do have other regional partners, notably BWS with whom Paul Stewart is associated. I have been speaking to Paul who is fully supportive of my venture as we both feel there is real potential for VICTOR in the UK.

Apologies for such a long post but just thought it may be interesting to some of you who have been frustrated by lack of availability. Not saying the few regional partners VICTOR have will change things dramatically in the near future but we are trying - what we need from you is support!!

If you have any questions please drop me a PM and i will be happy to discuss any product requirements you may have. incidentally, i will also be happy to hold demo events in the East of England region.

regards

Ben

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post Ben.

I thought it important to post my support here to formalise it rather than just ben's comments.

Yes, I am connected to BWS Sports near Manchester, UK who have been stocking Victor products for around 18 months. There's no doubt quality is excellent and prices too. But the brand needs a lot of promotion and support. Ben is right, UK forum members need to get behind the brand and support the people who would like to promote it further.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coming Olympics will be the first time Victor gets decent exposure to the casual sports viewer (rather than the badminton tournament trawlers we all are), and all the more if any Koreans medal (which they will). The fact that it's in the UK might just be the kick up the arse the brand needs over here.

When Jung/Lee get the gold, Victor's marketing material will write itself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite right Mark and I have urged VICTOR to be fully prepared to cater for this demand as this is a huge opportunity not to be missed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my new VICTOR shirts ready for next season )

From left to right - Taiwan team shirt - Function polo - Thomas cup shirt - Training shirt

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 414
Size:  101.4 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was you Ben behind Badmintonbase! (when you gave us a follow on twitter!) ;-)

Sounds like a similar position to FZ Forza, we are always getting questions like "where can i get my hands on FZ Forza rackets to try ?" at the moment its nearly solely online for FZ Forza....

follow me on twitter @badderz_alpha

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Yes, I am connected to BWS Sports near Manchester
    That's so funny.

There's a chain of bottle shops (off-licences to you Poms) over here called BWS (Beer, Wine and Spirits).

Myself and my large Caucasian mates informally call ourselves Team BWS.......

Which stands for 'Big, White and Slow'

lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really love victor, my favourite brand in badminton!
    Not only bc i like the Koreans and getting nice sales discount, but also bc i love the quality and their style.
    Unfortunatly they donīt have the same sortiment as in Asia, but thatīs understandable, because Badminton is not as big as soccer or tennis, they propably have to adapt to the market size / possibilitys in Europe.
    But Iīm sure Badminton will grow, even if slowly :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I even wasnīt too far away from starting a dual study with victor, but I wanted to stay half of the time in the southwest of Germany, my home, where i live and victor is located near Hamburg in Germany... They showed interest but in the end they thought it would get to complicated working 3 months for victor and then get back to study sportsmanagement in Freiburg :-(((
    Well, when iīm done studying i ll try again to apply for a Badminton business. But you never know what live plans with you ;DD

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope it goes well ben, victor could definitely use more avilability nad awareness here.

I'm interested in trying out the mx60 when it becomes available.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Amleto - will keep you updated on the progress of the MX60 - expected dates etc. Hopefully VICTOR will see there is demand for some of these rackets and try and get them pushed out more quickly. I will also keep my Facebook page updated so have a look out there as well.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job Ben because exposure for Victor in UK is very low. I'm ssure this will change in the next 6 months.

I also agree with Mark that a few medals in Olympics will push their cause but only if they are ready for it. You tend to find nobody is prepared and thereefore either puts out very poor marketing or none at all.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or too late
    That said, they released an olympic special already, so perhaps they are prepared after all?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pictures of the MX London were released at least 6 months ago, so I'd say they're ready. Expect the same from Li-Ning and Yonex, too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw one if the London racket bags the other day and they look really nice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its good that Victor have decided to set up distribution in the UK. It is obviously a quality brand.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast