User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Victor uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Paul,
    do you review some lesser brand rackets too? I bought a couple from a local store and would be intrigued to know how they matched up to the 'top' brands...

Rich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Paul only reviews whatever brands he has access to, i.e., Yonex + whatever the retailer he's affiliated with can provide him. Though I wish he could review more brands too, I like your reviews Paul!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BlueTornado

You are correct. I have recently tested 10 APACS racquets along with the 6 Victor racquets (tested on different days). The difficulty is that is takes some time to write a review.

Whilst I feel very priviledged to be testing these racquets i am also very conscious that my blog does not become a racquet review site. At the end of the day racquets reviews are meant to be a small part of what my blog is about. I want it to be known for its coaching content first and I'm moving too far away from that. I have about a dozen articles to write but they take longer than a racquet review.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Trying to get back on topic, it's going to take Victor some time to develop their offering in UK bearing in mind they do not have somebody full time developing the retailer network.
    Back to getting back on topic! it appears as if "Reydon Sports" has picked up both Victor AND LiNing Uk distribution... :-/ any ideas if central sports still has the online exclusive to Victor ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Thanks Ben

BS10 is one of my favourite racquets I've ever had the pleasure of using. I also loved CAstilus 400 and Strut XT40.

Funny but these were the three best-selling racquets for Victor UK over the last 2 years. Co-incidence? I don't know but I am aware my reviews were sent to all retailers and as a result they sold more.
    Thanks for your reviews, Paul, they are contributing to our sport.

However, I have to say that you've tested the JS40 and unfortunately, in the same way Victor changed the BS11 flex in some Asian countries, when Schenk stopped playing the JS 40 for Babolat X-Feel Power, the JS40 becoming XT40 lost its head-heavy balance and became a different racquet.....

As far as my play is concerned, yes for the JS40, definitely no for the XT40.

Btw, we can't be the best all the time, but yes the TIW Slim is an excellent racquet and deserved to be acclaimed as the TIW 6500, both as good as a BS10, but unknown as not played by Asian competitors, being European models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul i reallt need ur help i really wantto get sposnored by li ning in nz but i dint kniw how to and i fear i might be good enuf. Dont get the wrong idea though my technique footwork fitness all of it is great but i just havent won any major tournames or have any decent results to boast about plz reply ASAP if u can help that would be fantastic if cant i understand

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Antzdahman View Post
    Paul i reallt need ur help i really wantto get sposnored by li ning in nz but i dint kniw how to and i fear i might be good enuf. Dont get the wrong idea though my technique footwork fitness all of it is great but i just havent won any major tournames or have any decent results to boast about plz reply ASAP if u can help that would be fantastic if cant i understand
    You should contact your local distributors, no point in asking as far away as UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wherever you are, the best way to get sponsorship is through results. Win tournaments.
    Even if you have perfect techniques, that won't get you sponsorship unless you can convert that into results.

The local distributor here also sponsors players that attend a lot of tournaments (whether they win a lot or not), but that's down to finding the companies that will do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do i just ask my local li ning sponsorship guys ? Im gonna train hard first and get some decent results first so i dont get disapointed when i ask wish me luck guys an thanks a lot
    Last edited by Antzdahman; 04-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you can always ask them for details. Dropping your name won't hurt. Make sure they hear about it every time you win Keep making an impression.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Antzdahman View Post
    This is a forum where people need to be able to read what you write. Please put a bit more effort if you would like people to take the time to read you posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha sorry i was typing it in my bed and on my phone

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antz

I beleive you have your answer. You need to apply to the companies you're looking to be sponsored by. But there's no point unless you have something good to tell them, such as tournament wins. There's no point saying you're working hard because they hear it all the time.

In a nutshell, good results interest potential sponsors, the rest is just talk.

Paul

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't also forget that what sponsors are also interested in (or should be interested in, if they're smart), is 'influence'. There are players at every club that are the influential players - ones who use a lot of gear, or have big personalities, that may not be the best player at the club but they often have more influence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike is right - it is the 'big personalities' you need on board who aren't scared to shout about the brand on your behalf - particularly if they do have influence in the clubs they play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a hit with one of the newer spec BS11 tonight and really enjoyed playing with it - it was a 4/5 stiffness and a 3/5 balance. Managed to create a good amount of power and it was also really quick in defence. didn't have may timing issues either switching between the BS11 and BS LYD. Hoping to get my BS12 back from the stringers next week to test out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben

You're way ahead of me. I'm snowed under trying to find time to complete the other 14 racquet reviews I have. Fortunately I made really good notes to make it easy to remember my thoughts on each racquet. So I haven't got time to re-test racquets I've already reviewed.

Paul

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast