User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 105
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mensa0106 View Post
    just bought a F9..trust me..u wont regret it...im using sw35 before..after changed to F9,easily to generate powerful smash..at first,it feels very light as compared to sw35,but after 1@2 games,u'll love to smash with it..hahaha
    Hi,
    Do you know what's the balance point of the F9? Do you think it's head heavier than the Voltric 70?

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorgabriel1 View Post
    Hey guys so heres my little review on that racket after trying it today. Ill start by stating that my main racket is a 3u MX 80 from Victor.

    First off, the racket in itself looks reaaally good. Nice colours and design, good looking
    Being a balanced racket, i was expecting to have a hard time with smashes, even if Fu has deadly smashes, but it has incredible power. Very forgiving, it has a huge sweet spot and took me about 2 mins to get used to. I believe strings were bg 66um @ around 25, but not sure since it was my friends racket, and didnt get to ask him.

    For smashing, it is a great weapon...big easy smashes, i fell in love with that racket rather quickly. Ill rate this racket 9/10 for power. (10 mins of hard drill smashing and jump smash)

    Defensively, it felt not too bad. Swings fast and gave me easy back to back clear. Ill give it a 7.5/10

    Drives were pretty easy and powerful with it. Fast swinging, good defence again so 8/10 for drives.

    Netshots, it was a letdown =/ The extra flex gave me issues with getting those nice tight netshots and pushes i get with my MX 80. 6/10

    Overall precision: a bit lacking with this racket, due to that big flex...a few times i ended up just shooting it a ft or two out Possibly due to the big difference between my MX 80 and that racket.

    Conclusion: keep in mind that racket was made specificly for Fu, who is a doubles player and spends 90% of the time in the back of the court when attacking He can allow himself to play with a less precise netshot racket since he isnt required as much to do these shots. Even if i had a few issues with that racket, ill still give it a 7.5 overall because it is a very well made racket and feels very good. So, if your a singles player, i wouldnt suggest it. If your are a defensive doubles player or if your a forward playing guy in doubles, i would not suggest it at all. ALtough if you are confident to be able to just make these smashes pour from the backcourt, then you might actualy get a good surprise! With the right strings this is a surprising racket!
    Hi,

    But won't a head heavy racket more powerful for smash than the F9 which is even balance?

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorgabriel1 View Post
    Hey guys so heres my little review on that racket after trying it today. Ill start by stating that my main racket is a 3u MX 80 from Victor.

    First off, the racket in itself looks reaaally good. Nice colours and design, good looking
    Being a balanced racket, i was expecting to have a hard time with smashes, even if Fu has deadly smashes, but it has incredible power. Very forgiving, it has a huge sweet spot and took me about 2 mins to get used to. I believe strings were bg 66um @ around 25, but not sure since it was my friends racket, and didnt get to ask him.

    For smashing, it is a great weapon...big easy smashes, i fell in love with that racket rather quickly. Ill rate this racket 9/10 for power. (10 mins of hard drill smashing and jump smash)

    Defensively, it felt not too bad. Swings fast and gave me easy back to back clear. Ill give it a 7.5/10

    Drives were pretty easy and powerful with it. Fast swinging, good defence again so 8/10 for drives.

    Netshots, it was a letdown =/ The extra flex gave me issues with getting those nice tight netshots and pushes i get with my MX 80. 6/10

    Overall precision: a bit lacking with this racket, due to that big flex...a few times i ended up just shooting it a ft or two out Possibly due to the big difference between my MX 80 and that racket.

    Conclusion: keep in mind that racket was made specificly for Fu, who is a doubles player and spends 90% of the time in the back of the court when attacking He can allow himself to play with a less precise netshot racket since he isnt required as much to do these shots. Even if i had a few issues with that racket, ill still give it a 7.5 overall because it is a very well made racket and feels very good. So, if your a singles player, i wouldnt suggest it. If your are a defensive doubles player or if your a forward playing guy in doubles, i would not suggest it at all. ALtough if you are confident to be able to just make these smashes pour from the backcourt, then you might actualy get a good surprise! With the right strings this is a surprising racket!
    How is it compare to Arcsaber 10? is it more powerful?

  4. #55
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the head weight is just slightly heavier the VT70, probably not even noticeable by much. A head heavy racket in general can be more powerful for smash, but using the F9 allows you to swing faster so it's still a pretty excellent racket for smashing. Btw I've used a VT80 and F9.

    Compared to the ARC10, the ARC10 is stiffer than the F9. Both are even-balanced, but personally I feel that there's more head weight for the F9 so it's more powerful for smash, but not by a huge difference.

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpo View Post
    How is it compare to Arcsaber 10? is it more powerful?
    I have used both the normal and PG editions of Arcsaber 10.... compared to F9, they have better control, but it comes to smashing and drives, F9 is much better.

    Maybe it's the string I use - NBG98.... but I have never smashed or drived better with other rackets.

  6. #57
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    I have used both the normal and PG editions of Arcsaber 10.... compared to F9, they have better control, but it comes to smashing and drives, F9 is much better.

    Maybe it's the string I use - NBG98.... but I have never smashed or drived better with other rackets.
    Yeah the control is better for ARC10 due to the stiffness. I've always used BG66-UM (used NBG98 once), I think both are great string for smashing and driving.

    I think you're like one of my friends, a user of ARC10 finds it hard to use any other rackets.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucastth View Post
    I think the head weight is just slightly heavier the VT70, probably not even noticeable by much. A head heavy racket in general can be more powerful for smash, but using the F9 allows you to swing faster so it's still a pretty excellent racket for smashing. Btw I've used a VT80 and F9.

    Compared to the ARC10, the ARC10 is stiffer than the F9. Both are even-balanced, but personally I feel that there's more head weight for the F9 so it's more powerful for smash, but not by a huge difference.
    Why does it swing faster? it's a normal isometric head shape no? i also read other reviews that say the F9 has a larger sweet spot, is it because the head shape is bigger or it's the frame shape that makes it bigger?

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you all for your reply,

    I'm also looking at the Rsl diamond x7 silver and carbon, they say it's pack with alot of new technology and it's much cheaper than the Kason F9.
    Have you guys have the experience to compared those two ?
    Do you think the Kason F9 is over priced since it's used by Fu Haifung?

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does anyone know if the F9 a hold type or repulsion type of racket?

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Citizen of the world
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istringforyou View Post
    F9 and VT70 are forgiving rackets. F9 is exceptionally forgiving. You wont feel it is heavy headed at all. In fact it is a balanced racket.

    The point is i feel that F9 is made for Fu Haifeng's style. Big powerful muscular development that can generate huge powerful arm swing. I am such a player and i love it for its sweetspot, flex and excellent defence. It may feel too flexi for most players who uses more wrist action. F9 is rather lacking in control and only one with a big swing using brute force will love it for smashing.
    agreed agreed agreed

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From the spec it's like the Arcsaber 7, even balance and medium flex shaft and they market it as pin point accuracy. isn't the arcsaber 7 better? how's the power of the F9 compare to the arsaber 7?

  12. #63
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpo View Post
    Why does it swing faster? it's a normal isometric head shape no? i also read other reviews that say the F9 has a larger sweet spot, is it because the head shape is bigger or it's the frame shape that makes it bigger?
    Well it's is a rather light racket and @istringforyou said, incredibly large sweetspot. Definitely good for arm swinging player.

    And yes I think it's a bit overpriced, but it's worth the money. It's an exceptional racket.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Where else?
    Posts
    2,146
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I posted this question in the other FHF/CY gear thread too, but maybe it's more appropriate here.

    What strings are people using with the Kason F9?
    I'm guessing a rougher string (e.g. zymax 65) at a slightly higher tension than normal would be a good combination. Rougher string for more control + higher tension than normal so as to minimize the time of the shuttle on the string bed (to compensate for the more flexible shaft)

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    I posted this question in the other FHF/CY gear thread too, but maybe it's more appropriate here.

    What strings are people using with the Kason F9?
    I'm guessing a rougher string (e.g. zymax 65) at a slightly higher tension than normal would be a good combination. Rougher string for more control + higher tension than normal so as to minimize the time of the shuttle on the string bed (to compensate for the more flexible shaft)
    I used NBG98 before at 26lbs and I think it's great. Currently, using BG66 but doesnt like the feel...

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Where else?
    Posts
    2,146
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just strung my F9 today. I used a 22x21 pattern. Should it be 22x22? Seems like 22x21 leaves a bit of a gap at the bottom (or top) of the string bed.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davlee View Post
    I used NBG98 before at 26lbs and I think it's great. Currently, using BG66 but doesnt like the feel...

    Same here. NBG98's high repulsion and slippery feel makes smashing a joy to behold.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Used 26 lbs with BG66UM on my F9, suffered badly on net shots and too hard for me. First 2-3 games still can smash hard, thereafter done deal...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Kason Twister F9/ C7/ SW37/ Kason 300 series A/D/Ti (MY)
    By ammil89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 5
    : 04-17-2012, 09:13 AM
  2. WTB: Want to buy kason twister F9 (MY)
    By wana2125 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 02-26-2012, 08:58 AM
  3. FS: FS or FT - Kason Twister C7 as used by Cai Yun
    By Iffara in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 08-25-2011, 09:30 PM
  4. FS: For Sale Worldwide - Kason Twister C7 and Kason Twister F9 as used by CY/FHF.
    By Iffara in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 08-17-2011, 06:36 PM
  5. FS: Kason Twister C7 (Cai Yun)
    By Henry89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 05-09-2011, 09:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •