Confused about string choices for Yonex rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by sautom88, Mar 15, 2012.

1. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Is there any specific string recommendations for rackets that are in HOLD section of their racquet chart. Also the question applies to their REPULSION rackets.

From what I understand hold rackets are somehow 'soft' rackets and repulsion are 'hard' rackets. So which kinds of strings is suitable for each group of rackets?

I know that string choices are always personal but I am sure someone from Yonex or a Japanese BC members can enlighten us on this.

2. badder

badder Regular Member

On Yonex Japan website, for each racket, there is recommended string, for example, VT80, the recommended string is NBG95(hard hitter) or BG66UM(control), for VT70, NBG95(hard hitter) or NBG98(control). But for the new VT-Z, BG66UM(hard hitter) or NBG98(control).

if this is what you ask for.

3. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Thanks badder, it is the info that I was looking for but the recommendation is pretty much the same whether it is NS9900 or ARC7 which doesn't make sense. As we know their frames are totally different, on opposite ends of the racket chart. They also play totally different, what i mean is impact feels on the shuttle are distinctively different. How can u recommend the same strings.

We all know that string setup is very important in determining the playability of the racket. So can the equipment experts give alternative suggestions/theories whether HOLD rackets are more suitable w/ hard strings (CONTROL oriented) or soft strings (POWER oriented).

Any opinions will be appreciated