Vendor websites in Malaysia

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Brett, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Anyone know of any English language vendor websites in Malaysia selling racquets?

A friend of mine is from Malaysia, his brother will be returning there for a visit pretty soon and he offered to have his brother pick me up a racquet if I wanted. I have heard that prices in K.L. are extremely inexpensive and I wanted to see how cheap, in light of the fact that (a) I will be getting my new Carlton soon and may not have a real justification for getting another new racquet this soon; and (b) I don't want to impose too much on my friend's family, especially if I am not going to save that much.

Thanks for your responses.

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think the only racquets made in Msia are Yang Yang

and ProSpecs,they have websites. As for Carltons they

retail at about US$50-70 for top ranges eg. YHK or

Rasmussen.. If you ask me about Yonex, I can give you retail

prices though. The two most popular brands here are Yonex

and a brand called Pro Ace made in UK,latter never exceeds

US$50.

3. Richard

Richard Guest

Hi
    http://www.prospeed.com.my
    http://www.proace.com.tw/
    http://www.yangyang-rg.com
    These are the sites mentioned by birdbrain.
    Incidentally I think Proace is made in Taiwan.
    Prospeed is locally made and are pretty cheap, please check out the website for yourself.
    Richard

4. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Thanks guys, but I think there might have been some confusion - I was looking for a website for a store that sells badminton racquets, not for the site of a racquet manufacturer. I would like to see how various brands of racquets are priced in Malaysia. If you know of any such sites, please give me the internet addresses for them. Thank you.

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    http://www.eworldofsports.com

Hope that helps. :)
    Unfortunately they don't offer particularly toooooo much. :(

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    oops...

This site was for Singapore I think.
    Sorry. :(
    I'm heading over there, and I have a few friends here that often travel to Malaysia for racquets... I'll ask them tomorrow (Friday) for any store names, and I'll help you look them up.

If you're looking for Yang Yang, I got into contact with the distributor in N.A.
    I might be able to help you out there.

7. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Re: oops...

Thanks Kelvin. I was giving some consideration to a Yang Yang (maybe their Iso 900 clone) but also just wanted to look at some pricing of other racquets to get a feel for how much of a bargain I could expect.

8. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student

ah, ok.
    No problem.
    I do have a price list you might be able to compare certain models, if you know which ones you're looking for just let me know.

Hmm... also I will be heading to Malaysia & Singapore in the next few months for some badminton equipment shopping... so if you need anything let me know.

9. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Kelvin, thanks for the offer. Your friendly invitation to become a racquet procurer for us North Americans might result in having to purchase a large trunk to carry all of everyone else's racquets around with you, which won't be too fun if you are backpacking on this trip. And the customs duties, too! Make sure your generosity doesn't cause you too many regrets.

I am thinking I may have to postpone purchasing another racquet for a while, notwithstanding the present opportunities to get one cheaply in SE Asia. One of my best friends from college just e-mailed me that he is getting married this summer in Vermont, which isn't exactly a major hub for discount air travel. He also will be taking vacation the week before his wedding and wants to go golfing, hiking, etc... with the guys. To get my girlfriend to come with me, I may have to turn the trip into a moderately costly vacation, rather than just a quick weekend. Thus, I probably should be saving money for the trip rather than making additional luxury purchases. I think I will just wait for my new Airblade 900 to arrive from Carlton and be satisfied with that for a while.

10. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student

that's no problem, hey congrats to your friend!!! :)

Ugh, I can't wait to get on those golf courses in other countries as well! :)

11. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Kelvin, if you plan on playing in Japan, you better count on using your entire racquet collecting budget just for one round of golf. I read in one of the golf magazines that many Japanese golfers used to fly to Honolulu for a four or five day golf vacation, play at the best Hawaiian courses ($200-$300 per round) and the total trip, including airfare, hotel, green fees, food, etc..., would cost less than one round at one of the more prestigious courses in Japan.

12. 1shuttlecock

1shuttlecock New Member

Malaysia Badminton Vendor

Hi,

another website for malaysia badminton vendor is www.protech-sports.com

best regards