User Tag List

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kor 19 -20 chn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the chinese won 21-19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

korean girls still working hard, denying to convert two matchpoints, but finally CHN pair wins 23 - 21, 21 -19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina leading 17-11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and saina won 21-16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saina leads 11-8 at the interval

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina NEHWAL - Minatsu MITANI 21-16 21-18

time for the last match for today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chieh Min FANG / Sheng Mu LEE win the last match 21-15 23-21

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 Nations in final today, pretty well spread No European though

Hoping for cosmopolitan title in final, that said LHI and Saina must work hard for it...

Pretty optimistic of chances to snatch another title for Towi/Lily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Shixian vs Saina tomorrow...interesting fact: the two last met roughly two years ago in Hong Kong Open.

I am quite curious to see how Wang Shixian will be surprised by her game.

Will she lose on purpose or play to the fullest ? we will see

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woke up to catch the last MD match of the 2nd session and read all the commentaries from abedeng for all the results rather than go directly to Tournament Software. Good work, abedeng.

As usual the organizers have put the least exciting match first so that some people have ample time to shop for groceries.

I am rooting for LHI and SN tonight.
    Last edited by nokh88; 03-17-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow.. Towi/Butet is eyeing on winnning back to back titles (They had done it in mid of last year, appear in 4 consecutive final with 3 back to back titles, India SS, MAS GPG and Singapore SS).

Head to Head against Sudket/Saralee is 2-0. Towi/Butet beat in Macau GPG and SEA Games with 21-17 21-11 and 21-7 21-14 respectively. But, Towi/Butet should'nt underestimate them though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup I also read the entire thread, having just woken up and the live commentary from abedeng is as always, priceless!

I am not exactly surprised by Taufik or AG/Alvent's loss. AG/Alvent is probably the only top 10 pair that has not won a single title at GP level yet and I am still convinced by their ability to beat fellow top 20 pairs!

Towi/Butet were again stretched to 3-sets. Luckily, they don't have to face the Chinese pair today. 4 down, 1 to go this week! Winning the title this week is also imperative for them to make sure they stay seeded for the Olympics as they have a huge 34,750 pts (winning Malaysia GPG, India and Singapore SS titles as well runner-up at INA GPG) to defend between now and the London Games. Another 7k pts this week will make up for the MAS GPG pts!

XD FINAL
    Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir
    [1] vs Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam [3] - why oh why do they arrange this match not as the first match, but as the last match! This forces me to stay awake! So far, Towi/Butet have no problems against Sudket/Saralee, but from I watched yesterday, the Thais are on a roll, esp Sudket with his sharp smashes and delicate touches. Yes, the INA pair should not under-estimate the Thais and if they play their normal game, 2 titles in a row should be possible!
    Last edited by badMania; 03-17-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im so sad when i saw the semifinal result for ina's squat, of course im pleased by owi/natsir's perfortmance yet again our last hope fulfill the expectation. But for the other player... they should do better than this, let say Jauhari/ Polii, Kido/Setiawan, Alven/Hendra, Annekke/nintya seems like they starting to learn form Jauhari/ Polii , Rijal/Susanto yet again lost to He hanbin/ Bay Yixin, i just dont know whats wrong with those player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Didn't he,relatively speaking,winning 3 SS titles back-to-back, all at LCW's expense? I wouldn't split hairs on the age factor, 20 or 22/23, some people's progress are not that smooth,some are late bloomers, eg Sho Sasaki,Lee Hyun-Il, Tine Baun,Wang Xin, Zhang Ning.

People are alway having a special attitude towards Chinese players and keen to write them off when chances come.

I mean, name me another player who could beat LCW thrice in the same year in the past 5 years? (not to mention all with 2011 which was know to be the year when LCW was in his best form all these years! I guess only LD...) Imaging if someone could beat LD 3 times In a year! (not even LCW could do that!)

The special exclusive route training only on one player is also a stupid thinking (forgive for any offence, but I must say so).

No coach would do so unless this player is already able to beat the rest of players but this one (like LCW's training on LD, or vice versa), how on earth a coach could assume CL could meet LCW before beating all other players en route???!!! No coach must be stupid enough to commit a suicide like this, and would not be LYB!!!
    Last edited by Jonc108; 03-17-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    People are alway having a special attitude towards Chinese players and keen to write them off when chances come.

I mean, name me another player who could beat LCW thrice in the same year in the past 5 years? (not to mention all with 2011 which was know to be the year when LCW was in his best form all these years! I guess only LD...) Imaging if someone could beat LD 3 times In a year! (not even LCW could do that!)

The special exclusive route training only on one player is also a stupid thinking (forgive for any offence, but I must say so).

No coach would do so unless this player is already able to beat the rest of players but this one (like LCW's training on LD, or vice versa), how on earth a coach could assume CL could meet LCW before beating all other players en route???!!! No coach must be stupid enough to commit a suicide like this, and would not be LYB!!!
    of course u can score well when in focus in one subject
    dont u?
    if u cant score well when focus on one subject,i dont think u gonna have any exam again,will get kick out

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Taufik won what at 16? He won OG at 23, his official age lah. Oops, forgot abt CHen Yu already
    Yup, I like Tian HW too
    jamesd20 replied u
    hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Didn't he,relatively speaking,winning 3 SS titles back-to-back, all at LCW's expense? I wouldn't split hairs on the age factor, 20 or 22/23, some people's progress are not that smooth,some are late bloomers, eg Sho Sasaki,Lee Hyun-Il, Tine Baun,Wang Xin, Zhang Ning.
    read the reply below

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Dont confuse late blooming with longevity. Lee hyun il was winning titles when he was 21..... He beat someone called Lin Dan in the german open

Sho sasaki....did he ever bloom?
    Tine...more because less competition and injury rather than blooming
    Wang xin ditto...less competion
    Zhang Ning ditto, i love her but she couldnt get a look in until other players had retired
    i was about to reply the same thing
    hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not like exam, u could concentrate on one subject (even ignore the rest) and score good in that subject directly...

CL could not jump "directly" to meet LCW in SF or finals to beat him without getting pass other players in R1, R2, QF & SF...

Just name me another player who could beat LCW 3 times with the same year, within a span of 3 months. CL did it, and did it convincingly. So their last 5 H2H is 3:2. The 2 wins by LCW was both close matches in 3 sets. this is the biggest difference (in quality) amongst him and the rest of players other than LCW/LD.

Yes, every top player does study the other top players' way of play, and figure out the strategy how to beat him. But this is on top of their basic training, and the study would not just concentrate on one single player. I am sure every top players should have studied the plays of LCW & LD, not only CL..

Yes CL may have more motivation to beat LCW when play against him. Who don't? Which young player would reject the temptation to beat leading players??? (I also want to if I could.. ) You could ask the HK player WWK what does it taste after beating LD & CJ? Or Cordon on his beating CL in WC last year!

Do u think PSH or Sasaki was route training to beat LD since they beat LD a bit more times than many other players???

Yes I believe Chinese coaching team did more research on other countries' players to make sure their own players learned more about their opponents before meeting them. And I also believe they do have mock practice with some of their coaching staff emulating their major opponents' play for familiarization. But that's not route training on one single player.

CL's current form could be due to his inconsistency, could be due to other players' adaptation to his play, could be due to lack of physical form, or could be due to the Chinese team's pre-OG training cycle. Remember how LD performed in early 2008 prior to OG? Many people here wrote him off (of course compared with LCW) before OG. Then everyone knew what LD did at OG final.

I was just amused at the way people here so promt of jumping to conclusion instead of analyze subjectively...
    Last edited by Jonc108; 03-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast