User Tag List

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be frank any one who reads the posts just simply think Saina is a pushover...who cannot win on her own capabilities and needed to win on other's capabilities...a person who do not deserve her ranking....
    I really cannot see what she really needs to do to convince everyone.....Is she that bad...?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is not bad, but because of many reasons like coaching programmes and training, is a rung below the chinese.... though she is still young and can develop her game

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and its an achievement to be the highest ranked non chinese players.....All chinese have many good teammates to train with, they have better coaching and training facilities and even after that if any player is capable of beating them once or twice, i think it's a good thing .... she has worked hard to maintain the ranking. She is world number 5 today not because of easy draws and her luck but due to her hard work, determination and also skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance to watch the finals live today?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phew!!! Thanks for that guys. Feels good to be validated by the peers!
    I didn't write that post as an affront to anyone else... just that there was too much pent up frustration which I finally let go of! I do agree with everything's that's been written above, of course! The chinese surely are the best, hands down! But surely the other players do deserve their share of respect for taking the Goliaths of the game head on!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't become world no. 4/5 by fluke ,you know,esp against the Chinese Goliaths. Before, I used to think she is the main threat, but now,the Chinese WS has 5 players who can beat her more often than not, I'm forced to look elsewhere. No disrespect to her an any way, just accepting harsh reality. In fact,even now,the Chinese camp never take her lightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chinese are still ahead in for men's singles (even after LD and LCW retires, CL will still dominate)...the women's doubles and singles are totally dominated by china....but men's doubles and mixed doubles are their main weakness...in men's doubles, fu/cai is still the top pair but they are already near retirement and the next best pair are still way below the koreans who are still very young, so korea will dominate men's doubles for years to come...as for mixed doubles, it is the weakest chinese link despite having a world number one, but due to inconsistency (maybe due to one half of the woman also playing women's doubles), so there is a chance for other pairs to win it...my take for OG12 is for lin dan, yy/wxl, wx, jjs/lyd and ta/ln to win the gold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect Saina very much. She is top nonchinese contender for London Olympics. This is why it is so important for WSX to prove to CBA that she can do it at her current form. So, I don't think she will let go the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by uselessmail View Post
    Common guys!! Most of the guys here seem convinced of WSX's invincibility vis a vis Saina and that even if Saina wins, it'll be due to the match being gifted by WSX!!!
    Saina isn't a complete pushover and this is really unfair on her even after proving herself on the world stage for so long. Of course she's being having a dull patch lately and yet the fact that she competes against the top Chinese players consistently and has to clear one juggernaut after another is testimony to her skill. I understand that the chinese are probably a hundred times better coached than the others but Saina has done more than her share of hard work to earn her wins and not having to be gifted by them!
    Just my two cents!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    thats why he lost to the like of hafiz,hans vittinghus,marc,shon wan ho,kevin cordonnot to mention kenichi tago(twice),boonsak(twice),lee hyun il(twice),uncle peter(twice) and uncle taufik(twice)liverpool too beat man utd 4-1 away,they boast a lot about itbut end up man utd is the league chanpionand they say,we beat them 4-1 at their homewe are better than the championlooks familiar to me
    Just name me who else could beat LCW 3 times within a span of 3 months... in SF and finals, not in R1 or R2.

And u confused the concept of "league matches" and "knock-out" matches. In league matches, Liverpool is due to meet ManU twice a season, so u could really just prepare the best to win these two matches and lose the others. In knock-out competitions like badminton, u could not just prepare for SF or finals with the prior matches. So tell me how CL could meet LCW in that 3 wins in SF or finals without beating opponents in the prior rounds? (this is the excuse why LCW lost to SD and TH in WC in 2010 & 2011 if I m not wrong.. Coz he was already thinking of playing LD in the next round.)

Yes he may be not yet in the same league with LD and LCW in the moment, but a poor form lately does not mean you could write him off of having better potential that the rest to catch up with these 2, who were exceptionally good at this era.

Yes CL did lost to a dozens of players, yet name me the name list of players that beat LCW when he was at CL's age.There were also a few players who beat LCW or LD in the past 5 years, but name me who could beat any of them 3 times within 3 months, plus a back-to-back wins?!! This is the difference IMO.
    Last edited by Jonc108; 03-18-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly,who else could beat Lee CW 3 times within 3 months (ex-Lin Dan), that's how Chen Long bowled me over. The 1st time he did it to my idol LCW, I was pleasantly surprised;the 2nd time,I was amazed and a bit shocked;the 3rd time,I couldn't stomach it, how could he do that to my hero? But I've learnt to come to terms with it, just that for 2 years after the Beijing OG I was convinced nobody can touch those two, Lin Dan and Lee CW that is. It's a mater of time Chen Long will rise again(as if he's fallen?!) and take the badminton world by storm. Normally after such a spectacular and sudden rise, you tend to get heady and need some time to consolidate yourself and get ready to charge again, it's not a linear thing.

But I must add,personally,that at this moment, Lee CW is still definitely slightly superior to Chen Long overall.
    Last edited by Justin L; 03-18-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the USTREAM link working for anyone now?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Just name me who else could beat LCW 3 times within a span of 3 months... in SF and finals, not in R1 or R2.

And u confused the concept of "league matches" and "knock-out" matches. In league matches, Liverpool is due to meet ManU twice a season, so u could really just prepare the best to win these two matches and lose the others. In knock-out competitions like badminton, u could not just prepare for SF or finals with the prior matches. So tell me how CL could meet LCW in that 3 wins in SF or finals without beating opponents in the prior rounds? (this is the excuse why LCW lost to SD and TH in WC in 2010 & 2011 if I m not wrong.. Coz he was already thinking of playing LD in the next round.)

Yes he may be not yet in the same league with LD and LCW in the moment, but a poor form lately does not mean you could write him off of having better potential that the rest to catch up with these 2, who were exceptionally good at this era.

Yes CL did lost to a dozens of players, yet name me the name list of players that beat LCW when he was at CL's age.There were also a few players who beat LCW or LD in the past 5 years, but name me who could beat any of them 3 times within 3 months, plus a back-to-back wins?!! This is the difference IMO.
    no point to boast even if he beat lcw and ld every time
    he SHOULD be able to do that to live up to expectation
    if u are the one to take over from the former greats,u need to be better than them

but i doubt chen long can dominate ms like lin dan(2006-2008) or lcw(2009-current)
    because he cant beat his peer,kenichi tago

anyway,no point to continue,time will tell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone get livestreaming for final ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what if he beat him three times at the end of a season in a span of 3 months?

Maybe he planned his training to peak during those three months, maybe LCW form dipped towards the end of a season. It is a small sample to take and judge him on.

3 months is a short period when he is in his third full year of competiton.

He is the best of the rest no doubt, but not in LD or LCW's class

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dywar23 View Post
    anyone get livestreaming for final ?
    There's one here but its extremely laggy... http://www.badmintonlink.com/Watch-B...nex_Swiss_Open

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uselessmail View Post
    Is the USTREAM link working for anyone now?
    I thought it 's available free only until Friday? I dunno, I'm watching live on tv now. Did you try to search hahasport,sometimes they have it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I thought it 's available free only until Friday? I dunno, I'm watching live on tv now. Did you try to search hahasport,sometimes they have it?
    what channel is it justin ?

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast