User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    How many matches will you play in a tournament in UK? It's usually over one weekend and you might play several matches. Emptying the stomach of milk protein (plus all that fat), will take some time. I would think small amounns are OK but if you drink 1 pint or more, then you are probably being ambitious. Always have some common sense.
    I guessed the OP was talking generally about a general nights playing rather that a tournament situation. I agree. Best to just eat a bananna or so during a days play, then recover at the end of a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again for everone's advice. Tomorrow night I will be playing badminton for recreational purpose. I will eat a banana before the game and bring a bottle of Gatorade to drink during the short break. I will see how it goes. I will also do some exercises, as advised, to strengthen my muscle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    I am near 62 and have been fascinated by the sportmanship of badminton. I just try to play longer hours to enjoy the game without dropping my limited skills due to dropping energy level.
    A lot of the older players I play with are really smart with placement, and they take more risks and do not go as hard to retrieve shuttles to conserve energy. But that comes from decades of playing so it may not be the right advice for you. You should play more doubles and maybe do more jogging to avoid being tired too quickly, as badminton is a taxing game. If you are in Ontario, Gatorade is available in all the supermarkets, but it does not seem you need it unless you sweat a ton in 30 minutes. In fact, Gatorade is completely unnecessary for rec level player if you play under 1 hour.

Easy into the game and have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have pain in my nack, please suggest any formula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Zulfiqar View Post
    I have pain in my nack, please suggest any formula

ok, but in all seriousness that sounds like an issue regarding fitness. yoga will help a lot.

also try these exercises.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Thanks again for everone's advice. Tomorrow night I will be playing badminton for recreational purpose. I will eat a banana before the game and bring a bottle of Gatorade to drink during the short break. I will see how it goes. I will also do some exercises, as advised, to strengthen my muscle.
    ohh, I don't think you can have too high expectations. Given your age, just increase the duration gradually. A relevant point to the discussion is to ask how long have you been playing badminton?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tend to drink water during the games, maybe a sip of lucozade, and also possibly a banana or 1/2 a banana between games to try and get some potassium in the body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started to play badminton two and half years ago. I played once a week for the past 2 years and 2 to 3 times a week this half year. Never received any formal training. I learnt my basic skills by watching the training DVD and videos from youtube; also from the domonstrations of some kind-hearted intermediate/advanced players. I practise swaying my racket at home to get used to the correct form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drink "pocari sweat" or water in between games.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, don't think you're a 'pro' and have only a mouthful of liquid during an hour long game. They post and pre-hydrate like a mofo, but you don't get to see that.

Secondly, commercial sports drinks are too concentrated. It's best to buy the powdered versions because you can control how much you take. I usually have half the recommended product+water ratio. Some are better than others, but I just generally use the ones that taste okay

Thirdly, caffeine is fine, just don't drink 600ml of coke. Often I'll have say 250ml towards the end of a big session in the evening to get me through, or I'll take an energy gel that has caffeine in it. This is in combination with a diluted sports drink.

And perhaps more importantly, pre and post hydrate - ie: Don't just drink when you're playing.

Because I play late in the evenings most times, I usually have a light dinner and a protein shake when I get home. Protein taken within 30 mins post exercise is apparently more readily absorbed. If I've smashed myself pretty hard, I sometimes take a Kava tablet as well as some Ibuprofen as I tend to sleep better and recover better (omit this part if you're under 40 )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diluted sport drinks (Gatorade, powerade) are amazing to drink during a game. Contains everything you need to replenish yourself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eat a fish pizza (read my name) and you got every nutrient needed to win a grueling match, even against lin dan! but dont tell this secret to any of the other pros

so are we talking about food or drinks now?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3