Thread: Best grip for Badminton RACKETS
03-17-2012, 05:10 AM #1
Best grip for Badminton RACKETS
whats the best grip out there atm..
Just got a new racket and want a good grip on it..
03-17-2012, 06:00 AM #2
2) Use heater or warm water to melt glue on the wood.
3) Use an X-acto knife to remove residual glue. Be careful not to strip any wood.
4) Leave racket to dry completely in the upside down position. If you don't, water will be stuck in the grip butt cap.
5) Apply electric tape evenly over the wood. If you like thick grips, apply more layers.
6) Buy Karakal PU Supergrip
7) Apply the supergrip on the handle, but make sure you take into account that the grip will shrink due to sweat.
8 Don't use the tape that comes with the grip. Use electric tape to finish off the top part.
9) If you want the top part of the grip to be perfectly even without any bumps, use a rubber band and wrap it around securely over your grip at the part you wish to cut off and with a pen/pencil lightly draw a circle using the rubber band as a reference.
10) Remove rubber band and cut along the line that you just created.
Last edited by Loafers; 03-17-2012 at 06:06 AM. Reason: ocd
03-17-2012, 06:00 AM #3
Personally i really like my new karakal super PU grips, they're really tacky and comfortable but some wear has already started to show (had them for about 3 weeks).
Hope that helps
03-17-2012, 08:46 AM #4
The best grip is the one that feels the most comfortable for you. No one here can say what's the perfect grip for you so you have to try it out. I like thinner grips for more control and feel but you might find that a thicker grip suits you perfectly.
Good grips to start trying out are Yonex Super Grap, Karakal PU Grip or RKEP Grip.
03-17-2012, 03:49 PM #5
03-17-2012, 05:53 PM #6
03-17-2012, 07:13 PM #7
By noeltj_22 in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 0: 03-17-2012, 05:10 AM
By gsone10 in forum Market PlaceReplies: 31: 10-09-2007, 12:53 AM
By MarcRafles in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 1: 03-05-2004, 08:08 AM
By NVIDIA256 in forum GripReplies: 2: 09-20-2002, 07:59 AM
By Playa in forum GripReplies: 4: 04-19-2002, 01:30 PM