User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 42
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think its best to retire when u r at the top

    rather than u r struggling..

    people only remember when u r at the top..

    not when u have drop down... the ranking

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If Cai Yun retire, Fu HF also retire together, thats what they say when Cai Yun decided to continue after 2008 OG
    Meaning that 2012 OG is probably the last big event we could witness the wonderful performance of CY/FHF...

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,013
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Meaning that 2012 OG is probably the last big event we could witness the wonderful performance of CY/FHF...
    Yeah, unless CBA can persuade FHF to stay. Remember the interview? CY said after OG 2008, he wanted to discuss with FHF & the coaches who is good partner to replace him, Fu said no, if you retire, I also retire together, CY was touched. FHF is 28 already anyway

  4. #21
    Regular Member *chance*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    I guess the army comment was a joke.
    No that wasn't a joke. Gill Clark said this while commentating on him at the All England this year and she doesn't just make up rumours.

  5. #22
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *chance* View Post
    No that wasn't a joke. Gill Clark said this while commentating on him at the All England this year and she doesn't just make up rumours.
    She might not make it up, but she may have been misinformed....

    Event - have you heard anything tonsubstantiate the rumour?

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Saigon, VN ; Berlin, GER
    Posts
    331
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I met CY / FHF the 2 told me that they WILL retire after the 2012 OG... Thats for sure...

    And JJS... he will retire.. 100% sure...

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *chance* View Post
    No that wasn't a joke. Gill Clark said this while commentating on him at the All England this year and she doesn't just make up rumours.
    Of course you're right. She doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    She might not make it up, but she may have been misinformed....

    Event - have you heard anything tonsubstantiate the rumour?
    Possible. I haven't heard one way or the other. It does surprise me, however. Like Park Sung Hwan, Han Sang Hoon, Choi Ho Jin, and Hong Ji Hoon - indeed like every Korean man who hasn't won an Olympic medal or otherwise become a sports star overseas - Jung was forced to do two years in the army and his obligation has now ended, apart from the odd reserve training day. It wasn't like he chose it as a career. Most badminton players play for their pro teams for a few years after leaving the national team and most coach. But as I say, I haven't noticed it coming up in any interviews so anything is possible.

  8. #25
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Out of interest what is the age players have to win a medal or have achieved some level of success before they have to do their duty?

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Yeah, unless CBA can persuade FHF to stay. Remember the interview? CY said after OG 2008, he wanted to discuss with FHF & the coaches who is good partner to replace him, Fu said no, if you retire, I also retire together, CY was touched. FHF is 28 already anyway
    What a good pair... FHF think that CY is irreplaceable ... WOW..which is absolutely true, in CBA nest as well as in this world.

    OMG, which interview ? i could not recall any interview about CY/FHF

  10. #27
    Regular Member ikki9394's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a|extan View Post
    i think its best to retire when u r at the top

    rather than u r struggling..

    people only remember when u r at the top..

    not when u have drop down... the ranking
    Isn't that what Malaysia's LCW is doing? Lindan is catching up in the world ranking in a light speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Yeah, unless CBA can persuade FHF to stay. Remember the interview? CY said after OG 2008, he wanted to discuss with FHF & the coaches who is good partner to replace him, Fu said no, if you retire, I also retire together, CY was touched. FHF is 28 already anyway
    The 2012 OG mens double will be interesting... Last game for FHF/CY vs JJS/LYD(if both team got into finals ). I really can't think of any1 better can replace JJS... JJS's smashes is just superb with LYD's fantastic net play combination.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Out of interest what is the age players have to win a medal or have achieved some level of success before they have to do their duty?
    28, I think. Jung was 26 when he went in early 2009. At the time, he said he didn't have to go so soon but that was his choice. Likely to get it done before the Olympic qualifying period and it likely would have been pushing it to try to sneak in a gold in Guangzhou first.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,095
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    When I met CY / FHF the 2 told me that they WILL retire after the 2012 OG... Thats for sure...

    And JJS... he will retire.. 100% sure...
    when did you meet ??

    wah, make me confuse, i just asked about CY/FHF's plan after olympic games, and got this answer in their thread :

    V
    V

    Quote Originally Posted by floweryond View Post
    Attachment 119042

    This is the cover of badminton magzine Jan., 2012. The title "风云有约:伦敦不是绝唱" means they will keep playing after OG.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Court 2
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is it such a shame that JJS is retiring after the Olympic , he has one of the best disguise in his forearm overhand , with combination of power , angle and placement . He will be missed in the badminton circuit.

    As another member already said Cai Y is irreplaceable , if he retires after the OG2012 , I dont think Fu would continue as he might want to spend more time with his family. This all depends on their results n the OG , If they manage a gold , then it would be possible they will quit within the 3 months after ( contract within their sponsors ) , since they have won everything there to be won in MD

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Staiger1 View Post
    Is it such a shame that JJS is retiring after the Olympic , he has one of the best disguise in his forearm overhand , with combination of power , angle and placement . He will be missed in the badminton circuit.

    As another member already said Cai Y is irreplaceable , if he retires after the OG2012 , I dont think Fu would continue as he might want to spend more time with his family. This all depends on their results n the OG , If they manage a gold , then it would be possible they will quit within the 3 months after ( contract within their sponsors ) , since they have won everything there to be won in MD
    Cai-Fu wont retire before 2013 is over. They both have a title to defend in Guangzhou and record to match

  15. #32
    Regular Member leo11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    which victor racket Jung JS using ?

  16. #33
    Regular Member leo1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangsar
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If i remember correctly, his current racket is MX80

  17. #34
    Regular Member leo11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK. I wanna know his victor racket @ 2012 all england final Jung JS, Lee YD vs china pair.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jung Jae Sung - The Smasher ( 郑在成 )
    By indyko in forum Korea Professional Players
    Replies: 117
    : 06-03-2014, 12:40 PM
  2. [Request] WC 2010 XD Ko Sung hyun / Ha Jung Eun
    By Cheetah in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 1
    : 05-21-2011, 10:24 AM
  3. [Request] 2010 WC XD QF Ko Sung Hyun / Ha Jung Eun
    By Cheetah in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 0
    : 12-19-2010, 12:22 PM
  4. Lee Yong Dae / Jung Jae Sung not defending their All-England title in 2009
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009
    Replies: 63
    : 03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
  5. Tan Boon Heong , Jung Jae-Sung , Fu Haifeng - their racquets
    By khan09 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 01-30-2009, 07:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •