Special stringpatterns - forza, babolat ...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bollobow, Mar 17, 2012.

1. bollobow

bollobow Regular Member

Hi, I need a new racket and i'am interested in the unusual stringpatterns from babolat and forza. Can someone share their experience with these technologies? does these increase the feel and control. The 96- hole thing from forza looks very impressive ... And how works the satelite pattern from babolat?

2. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

I played a season long with the Forza Ti. 555 S/VS. The extra holes are very good for the durability of your strings and reduce tension loss. I felt that the control and repulsion power increases too, but mainly because the strings end up pretty tight. It feels like you play with 2-3 lbs. extra in your racket! Next season there will be some new rackets with the 96-holes technology, so I guess they are pretty pleased with it at Forza HQ!

3. bollobow

bollobow Regular Member

Ok, so its just a harder feel without adding kilos to the tension? Yes, i think forza will go on with this tight stringpatter, because that a important difference to all other manufacturers.

4. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

Yeah, mainly! And because of that, the strings will hold the tension longer and the durability will increase significantly! The 96-holes makes the frame stronger and increases the sweetspot too.. Pretty clever if you think about it.. :p

5. radmaszeal

radmaszeal Regular Member

engineer
    my ti550 broke on the 2nd stringing at 27lbs. the stringer is a very experienced stringer, used to string for pros at tournaments. abit afraid to buy another forza with 96 holes cos i'm afraid it might happen again. loved the racket though, took 4 months to break the bg66 at 27lbs on it.

6. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

Must have been bad luck.. I strung ti555's multiple times at 30lbs. and they are all still fine after almost 2 years! So don't be afraid to buy a new ti555. If you wait a few months, the ti555 (or the ti550 in your case), will be completely renewed. That racket is guaranteed capable of stringing up to 34lbs. and has a 88-holes string system! Both the S and the VS. :cool: