User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i don't know weather this is recomended or not. But i've tried it myself. I prestretch the string 3 times.. how?

1. I crank the machine at 26lbs. Stretch it for a while. You can clamp the string longer And then i adjust to 27 or 28lbs. i string the racquet at 27lbs or 28lbs. Make sure you leave some excess strings when you tie the knots.

2. I play with the string for few games.

3. I remove the string... check its condition , and i did step one with the same string with 1lb higher and finally strung it at 29lbs.

Findings : The string tension actually lasted for more than a month of constant usage 4 times a week.Hardly feel any slack in the tensions. BUT... the string life is shorter than usual. I use bg66.

This stringing process definately takes alot longer than usual. Maybe you would want to try this crazy idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how do you stretch the string???

I have a crank machine and i'm just wondering how you stretch out the string. Do i just grap it with my bare hands and pull like i never pulled before?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odjn
    I have a crank machine and i'm just wondering how you stretch out the string. Do i just grap it with my bare hands and pull like i never pulled before?
    I would rather just add another 1-2 lb when you string rackets. This should somehow make up the tension lost effectively.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odjn
    It is really easy. What you should do is to pull the string slowly for about 20-30 seconds for each string with the crank before it reaches the set tension. In addition, use your hand to stretch the string before inserting it unto the gripper.
    Don't try to string your racquet, play a few games with it, take out the string from your racquet and then re-string the same string again. It sounds romantic but I just don't think it can be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    It is really easy. What you should do is to pull the string slowly for about 20-30 seconds for each string with the crank before it reaches the set tension. In addition, use your hand to stretch the string before inserting it unto the gripper.
    Don't try to string your racquet, play a few games with it, take out the string from your racquet and then re-string the same string again. It sounds romantic but I just don't think it can be done.
    Is there any easier way to pre-stretch the entire string before we string our racket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cards_pro
    Is there any easier way to pre-stretch the entire string before we string our racket?
    sure,
    fix one end to something, and pull the other end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whilst surfing somewhere, I saw a graph showing tension loss after stringing compared to how quickly the string was stretched during stringing.

Basically, the faster you stretch it, the more creep you get afterwards.
    I'm looking for that graph again but I can't find it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    sure,
    fix one end to something, and pull the other end.
    How much weight? And for how long ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cards_pro
    How much weight? And for how long ?
    it depends on strings, your taste. Pros dont pre-stretch except during warmup
    Last edited by cooler; 11-19-2004 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up pre stretching

i realize this is a badminton website but im a stringer too and im curious about pre stretching. I have a klippermate drop weight machine and i think what you guys are saying about pre stretching on a drop weight is true because i will sometimes pull a string taut and the weight wont level but when i relieve the tenison the string will have slack on it. i think that it is inevitable to string a racket on a drop weight machine or an electric machine to not pre stretch. please tell me if any of you dispute this theory but im still fuzzy about what pre stretching is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tennis Pro,

I have problem with prestreching tennis string because my door handle will break when I wrap the string on it and pull @ 50lb to prestrech the tennis string. As far as I know, most of the tennis stringer do not prestrech the string. Also, when you compare tennis vs badminton string tension, if you lose 2 lb tension on a 55 lb tennis string, that is less and 4% loss. However, a 2 lb tension loss for a 22 lb badminton string, that is more and 9% in tension loss.

These are just my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2