User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Regardless whatever verification method, the well made fakes are harder and harder to be identified these days, especially if you don't have a real one (same model) right next to it, to do a head-to-head comparision.
    I'm just wondering how similar is the fake as compared to the real one in terms of look. Has anyone seen a fake which look exactly like the real one or at least very similar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barca
    I'm just wondering how similar is the fake as compared to the real one in terms of look. Has anyone seen a fake which look exactly like the real one or at least very similar?
    Fakes look close enough to the original to fool most people. They are also very easy to spot by the experienced eye - cheap grommets, bad logo at the t-joint, painted over serial (engraved through mould rather than by laser) on the cone, etc, etc. Fakes also perform differently. In the case of fake NS8k's used by a couple my fellow club members, the rackets were extra head heavy and had superior power to the real NS8k.

The question arises that: would you want to be told you are using a fake if you were but didn't know you were ? Also if you see others using fakes that they believed to be non-fake, do you have the heart to tell them ? MY personal policy is not say a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you perhaps post a pic and teach us how to spot the differences in the grommets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex grommets are precisely moulded. Grommets on fakes often have bits of plastic hanging off the end. Every thing on fakes screem out: this is cheap, and funnily enough they often can be bought at a cheap price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DivingBirdie,

Just go to an authorized store and look at the real thing. Then when you look at a counterfeit, it speaks for itself.

It's bascially reconizing what a racket looks ike.

Some people have claimed and they have seen "pefect" countefeit rackets and showed it on the forum - When a few members such as myself look at it, it is an instant give away from looking at it within seconds. Then they start questioning why - The answer is, have they actually looked at the real thing? None of them are "perfect".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Yeah..i agree with Matt..I just bought myself a NS9000x that really fooled me for the past few days until i removed that stupid hologram yonex sticker which covers part of the buttcap serial numbers. It looks good, feels good, laser serial engraving and the PBSI logo looks real. The biggest give away is the production dates. Mine is 206348SP -__- and upon closer inspection, my fake NS9000x is dark purple instead of dark blue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the color of the NS9K has looks more purple than blue, depending how rackert is being looked at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do TH versions of Yonex rackets have a country initial engraved in front of the handle?

How the 1341312SP version has the bold "SP" in front.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by February View Post
    Do TH versions of Yonex rackets have a country initial engraved in front of the handle?

How the 1341312SP version has the bold "SP" in front.
    1) no
    2) the sp with that cone code is a fake.
    3) some sp coded racquet do have sp "printed" on the shaft in front of the cone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not a new thing.The lasered serial exists in china market for around 3 years already.Like i said in some other threads b4..in china,there r many kinds of racket.The poor ones,even the colours is not the same,the weight n the stiffness is poor as well.Serial number r just paint printed.The good ones,it looks exactly the same like the genuine one.So does the weight n stiffness.Can hold up to 24 lbs.Lasered serial number n in the right format.
    The other unique one,is i heard there's some rackets that uses the genuine racket's grip to cone.The shaft n the frame is the fake one.How's that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a genuine NS9000 and a fake one, and it's hard to tell them apart. Even the paint colors are identical. The only thing that gave it away was the date code.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A real racket will have a Nicely laser printed fonts on it. And also the stripping of the racket. The stripes printed well. ( where the fakes stripping is rough and improperly printed.). Real Yonex racket will have good grommets. And the string pattern wont look awkward.

I went to the shop, asking for an ArcSaber10. they show me both the real thing and the counterfeit. The real ArcSaber will feel stiffer than the counterfeit.Try to flick on both racket ( frame and Shaft ). By doing it, we can tell whether it is real or counterfeit product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey can anyone tell me what the set of serial numbers plus the code represents??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at900_power View Post
    hey can anyone tell me what the set of serial numbers plus the code represents??
    The serial means the production date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2