User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    and who says fakes are fragile?

incidentally, i saw someone with an Iso800 in the gym the other day. pristine condition. i was tempted to offer $ for it.
    In deed, this one is tough as nail. Survived 4 patches and all these high five with another racquets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    OK, someone asked a friend of mine to get this racquet to me to string because1) I uses a more expensive machine.2) I do an OK job in my area.3) my price is a lot cheaper than the big sports chain.When I got it, the racquet was patched 4 times before.Please look at the grommets, I prob need to replace the entire grommet set.Please look at the 2nd picture, I can tell you this, it is a fake Yonex. This racquet is prob worth about $25 brand new. I am pondering 2 options.a) replace the entire grommet set and charge $45 for the string job with BG65.b) charge $11 just to string it up with BG65 without replacing grommet and tell the user the truth and don't come back.Please vote and express your thought.Thanks!
    Wow that's a tough call. Many of those grommets need replacing indeed. If I ever got a racket like that, I'd personally do them a favor and replace them all just for stringing pride, but it's definately your call!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Option B. Guy is looking for a cheap string job. He doesn't care about his racket.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    I also can't be certain what this racket "should" look like, but it looks a little narrow. Is he adding 2lbs more on the cross?
    Nope! I had infact asked him about this after reading the post here in BC mentioning the advantages of adding 2lbs on the cross but he said that he'd never done it before and he himself has been playing in the German league for quite some time now (He's about 25) and hasn't seen many players do that. He advised me against it (scared me off actually!) He does the stringing in the same way on my Voltric 5 and the Arcsaber 008. He himself plays with a Voltric 70

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I laugh only because I experienced the same thing today. I knew right away because I felt the mishit and the string broke in exactly the same place as yours.

The weird thing? Wait for it... I also broke strings the same way on 3 rackets over the last week.

Ooooooo... Twilight Zone.
    Now It'd been really weird if you were also playing in Germany What's troubling me is that rather than a 'Mishit' it was more of a forward block on an incoming shuttle! I guess it was just a bad Badminton week, thats all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would def. change the stringer and see what happens

you broke your strings on different rackets in such a short time

i mishit so so often, it would be so bad if the strings would break all the time because of that

i had the same spot broken right in the first session after stringing by a different guy than before (and after) and never went back to him

ask around in your club who has reputation of good stringing and go to them, see what happens then

i let string only with 10kg tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the TS photo... i think its a mis hit...

or i shd say very lucky...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, someone asked a friend of mine to get this racquet to me to string because
    1) I uses a more expensive machine.
    2) I do an OK job in my area.
    3) my price is a lot cheaper than the big sports chain.

When I got it, the racquet was patched 4 times before.

Please look at the grommets, I prob need to replace the entire grommet set.

Please look at the 2nd picture, I can tell you this, it is a fake Yonex. This racquet is prob worth about $25 brand new. I am pondering 2 options.
    a) replace the entire grommet set and charge $45 for the string job with BG65.
    b) charge $11 just to string it up with BG65 without replacing grommet and tell the user the truth and don't come back.

Please vote and express your thought.

Thanks!
    you have "some paintchips"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uselessmail View Post
    Nope! I had infact asked him about this after reading the post here in BC mentioning the advantages of adding 2lbs on the cross but he said that he'd never done it before and he himself has been playing in the German league for quite some time now (He's about 25) and hasn't seen many players do that. He advised me against it (scared me off actually!) He does the stringing in the same way on my Voltric 5 and the Arcsaber 008. He himself plays with a Voltric 70
    Alright~ cuz if he was, I'd suggest he not add the 2lbs. Maybe that just the way the frame looks. Try asking for an extra top cross

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Alright~ cuz if he was, I'd suggest he not add the 2lbs. Maybe that just the way the frame looks. Try asking for an extra top cross
    You mean an extra cross at A8? Something like this??
    Name:  cutstring4bs.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  89.7 KB

Or simply like this one:
    Name:  yonexstringpattern3dp.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  103.0 KB

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To uselessmail,

I think he mean an extra cross on A6. It is not a Yonex frame and look ASShway put a big enough grommet there at A6 in his original picture. I think it will cut down on the breakage on miss hit. But the feeling might not be the same. The player need to try it out to see the balance between feeling vs durability.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the feeling might not be the same. The player need to try it out to see the balance between feeling vs durability.
    Don't really care about the 'feeling' on this one. I only use it when my arm is feels tired. My go-to racket at the moment is my Arcsaber 008 and for singles its the Voltric 5. So do I need to tell him to string an extra cross at A6 for these rackets as well??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Because for ARC008, A6 is a single pass grommet. DO NOT put 2 string through A6.
    No. Because VT5's top string is already high enough and it will have some protection already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I'd share my experiences.

I recently bought a Victor Bravesword LYD and had it strung with BG80 at 26lbs after 12-14 hours of playing with it, the string broke exactly right in the middle during my smash. So I had my coach re-string it with BG66UM at 26lbs.

When I received it today and used it in a session it broke in less than an hour! and in the same exact spot as last time during a smash again. I don't know if its my technique as I have all my rackets at that tension and string and never broke a string that fast; could it be bad luck? Or should I check the grommets at the top of the racket and replace them?

Anyway, I gave him the racket back to restring again but at this time with Zymax 65 at 26lbs (its quite a durable string in my opinion compared to any other string I tried) hopefully it won't brake so fast. (I'm only a student and paying for the string job so quickly twice would be a pain) :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon141 View Post
    Just thought I'd share my experiences.

I recently bought a Victor Bravesword LYD and had it strung with BG80 at 26lbs after 12-14 hours of playing with it, the string broke exactly right in the middle during my smash. So I had my coach re-string it with BG66UM at 26lbs.

When I received it today and used it in a session it broke in less than an hour! and in the same exact spot as last time during a smash again. I don't know if its my technique as I have all my rackets at that tension and string and never broke a string that fast; could it be bad luck? Or should I check the grommets at the top of the racket and replace them?

Anyway, I gave him the racket back to restring again but at this time with Zymax 65 at 26lbs (its quite a durable string in my opinion compared to any other string I tried) hopefully it won't brake so fast. (I'm only a student and paying for the string job so quickly twice would be a pain) :/
    I think it is really because of the mis-hit at the top. I broke two at similar spots at the top yesterday, one 26lb/BG66 and another 27lb/BG80, which were only strung last month, just unfortunate.
    Last edited by colekwok; 04-17-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that IF the stringer is at fault, then the stringer must be extremely new or bad. There is no reason to dig into a grommet that only has a main string. Unless you can find an altered grommet, then you should find out why you are mishitting there and correct your technique.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, someone asked a friend of mine to get this racquet to me to string because
    1) I uses a more expensive machine.
    2) I do an OK job in my area.
    3) my price is a lot cheaper than the big sports chain.

When I got it, the racquet was patched 4 times before.

Please look at the grommets, I prob need to replace the entire grommet set.

Please look at the 2nd picture, I can tell you this, it is a fake Yonex. This racquet is prob worth about $25 brand new. I am pondering 2 options.
    a) replace the entire grommet set and charge $45 for the string job with BG65.
    b) charge $11 just to string it up with BG65 without replacing grommet and tell the user the truth and don't come back.

Please vote and express your thought.

Thanks!
    How about the sensible option that you didn't list - talk to the owner first!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2