DRAW of AUSTRALIA Open GP Gold 2012

Discussion in 'Australia Open 2012' started by CLELY, Mar 20, 2012.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

2. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

So turns out Towi/Lily play here after all :)

3. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Rematch Hendra S/Vita M v Sudket/Saralee in R1, hopefully now Ina will prevail

4. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Firda got the best draw amongst 3 other Ina ws, after all she's the one that Ina sending into OG :)

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

For the top-seed Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir, a title is vital here to maintain their 3/4th seeding at the Olympics games and makes their effort in defending the remaining 27,750 pts going into the Olympics even easier.

They will face an interesting opening round rematch against Ong Jian Guo/Lim Yin Loo, who push them so hard in the All-England R32 2 weeks ago. Then, they are expected to face Chayut Triyachart/Yao Lei. Their QF opponent is likely to be either Shintaro Ikeda/Reiko Shiota [5] or Fran Kurniawan/Shendy Puspa Irawati, who will play each other in R32. I hope Fran/Shendy could win that opening match and reach QF.

In SF, they also face a possible 3rd meeting against Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying [3] this year and it will not be easy as the MAS pair has been improving! Or they could also face He Hanbin/Bao Yixin, who could also beat the MAS pair in the expected QF showdown.

In the bottom half, Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto [6] also face a tricky match against Tan Aik Quan/Lai Pei Jing. If they win, they will face a daunting task against Nathan Robertson/Jenny Wallwork for a place in the last 8, where they could face either the IND pair (V. Diju/Jwala Gutta) or the winner in the opening round match between Hendra Setiawan/Vita Marissa and Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam [4]. I don't think Rijal/Debby can progress beyond QF.

The last ticket of SF will be fought between Chris Adcock/Imogen Bankier [8] and Chen Hung Ling/Cheng Wen Hsing [2]

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In WD, Meiliana Jauhari/Greysia Polii are seeded 4th, but they could exit in R16 as they are once again drawn against CHN pair...this time Luo Ying/Luo Yu.

I expect Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Anneke Feinya Agustine to clear the opening 2 rounds, before they meet the winner of the match between Luo/Luo and Mel/Grace in the QF.

As for Vita Marissa/Nadya Melati, they will face a tricky match in R16 against Jwala Gutta/Ashwini Ponnapa.

If Suci Rizky Andini/Della Destiara Haris do go to Australia, they will face a tough task against Yao Lei/Shinta Mulia Sari in R32.

I also don't expect a lot out of the WS players. I predict most will go out in R32. Do take note that Adrianti Firdasari is expected to meet Wang Lin in R32. So, don't raise your hope yet on Firda progressing far. Even if she clears the first round, Ratchanok Intanon [4] is blocking the path to QF.

#6 badMania, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I just review the MS draw of Australia open 2012. It looks like LHI has withdrawn. This is a very good news for Chen Jin. The main opponent for Chen Jin in the top half is Wong Wing Ki/Rumbaka at quater final and Simon Santoso at semi final. His opponent in the final is likely TH or Sho Sasaki. I think it is a golden chance for Chen Jin to get another 950 points. If he plays his normal game he should be in the final. While in the final, I still think he had a better chance to beat TH again or Sho Sasaki. Having said that I haven't seen Sho Sasaki played for some time so it is hard to comment his current form accurately.

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Another easy point for Chen Jin...

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Poor CJ, non stop playing since February.......4th tournaments in a row....

10. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Yeah, Chen Jin has been working really hard all this while. What a pity if he misses Olympics in the end. I believe the ultimate battle will be at Indian open SS. But I agree he need to work hard continously. If Chen Jin got both AUS open and Asian badminton championship and peter only make to EC semifinal (therefore no extra points ) Chen jin will have 2875 points over Peter. If this happen, Peter still can overcome Chen Jin by taking india SS title provided that Chen Jin doesn't make to final of india SS.

11. phili

phili Regular Member

According to badzine CJ has claimed 4th place already. If he does well in Australia I think he's through.

12. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Chen Jin will go to London if he gets the Australia open title and Peter stops at semifinal in both European championship and India open SS.

have

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

LYB said CJ shall withdraw fr Australia and concentrate on ASia Champ and India open

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

And he has................

15. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I don't understand why LYB withdraws CJ from Australia open unless he knows something new about Peter's injury. The draw at Australia open is very good for Chen Jin. If he want Chen Jin to have a break, on paper he should let Chen jin to concentrate on Australia open and skip Asia championship to prepare on India open SS.

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

because the 7000 points from winning the Australia open really doesn't matter.
    That all depend on if PG going for the India open or not.

17. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I agree the ultimate battle will be at Indian SS. I heard Chen Jin also want to have a break because he played three tournaments in a roll. if we think for Chen Jin's health and his own injury, I think it is not a bad idea afterall.

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Finally, CJ could rest his body well

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Fran smashed Reiko in the face last time!!! :( :( Last week, I told Fran not to destroy the face of my future wife!!! :p Fran said "Sorry, she would also do the same to me if the opportunity presented itself... So, unfortunately, I will smash her to her head again when I have to..." :(

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    One of our own BC member will be playing in MD qualification...wish them good luck!