Z force vs Z slash?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by maxo123999, Mar 20, 2012.

1. maxo123999

maxo123999 Regular Member

Anyone got any opinions? Which is better for attacking?:confused:

2. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Hi there Maxo,

Let us analyze in a glance the 2 important spec. for both of this excellent racket form Yonex first:

VTZF Spec:

- Flexibility : Extra Stiff ( Stiffness +++ )
    - Balance : Head Heavy ( head heavy +++)

Game play preferences : Offensive
    Level preferences : Advance

Arc-ZS

- Flexibility : Stiff ( Stiffness ++ )
    - Balance : Between Head balance and slight head heavy ( Head heavy +)

Game play preferences : Offensive
    Level preferences : Advance

This are my opinion:

Clearly both rackets, if it's specifications match perfectly in the hands of an attacking player, for sure it will be a good racket for such type of play since it is design as an offensive racket...but then the scenario is, how does that a player can identify that perfect bond between his type of play and the preferred spec. that he want it to exist in that racket?....the only logical way is to test it and then make a sensible decision after testing it.

Both rackets are good offensive racket but then it will not necessarily will be your good offensive racket if it's physical specification does not meet your desired specification as a player. A racket is just a tool and regardless how advance the technology being invested into making it, expensive or not, being used by a world class player or not and since the uniqueness of how you play is only unique for you then a good racket that is wielded in another player hands will not necessarily be a good racket in your hand and vice verse.

In the end, it's not the racket that will determine itself whether it's a good offensive type of racket or not but it's the player himself that will and if that decision has been clearly made after testing and using any racket, even if that racket is not a VTZF or ArcZS but still able to give you a satisfactory results in your attacking department, then that will be your preferred attacking racket.....even if it is a clone.

Therefor Maxo....try both of this excellent racket and make your decision. Good luck.

SS

#2 shooting stroke, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

For me I like to use the Z-Slash but it depends the player because you may hate it

4. georgets

georgets New Member

I have both. I like both. Both are heavy and slow racquet if you're not strong enough...like me. Double games anyway. In single games, doesn't matter since both are great. And they're great for Smashing!

I find myself liking the Force better than Slash.

5. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

I own 4UG5 Vzf and a 3UG5 Zslash TH. At the beginning of the game or for the first few sets I would use ZF as I'm still fresh, when I get tired I'll switch to the ZSlash TH, but it all also depends on my opponents.. Both racquets are different, head heavy and evrn balance with slightly head heavy.. I love attacking... Fast pace.Took me a month to get use to the ZF, but once u get use to it you wont wanna switch it.. Of course depend on your playing style.

6. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    I cant handle the extra stiffness from the Zforce and planning to get the zslash. It seems many ppl prefer the zforce over the zslash :rolleyes: i guess you should go for the BEAST that suits you better lol

7. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Z force has a stiffer shaft and is more head heavy, which has a greater demand on the player's physique IMO. Z-slash swings faster. Both are decent racquet for offensive player, though Z-slash has a smaller frame and is thus more prone to mishits. Frame wise the Z-Force is stronger IMO. Z-slash is know for string biting into the frame after repeated stringing at high tension without proper grommet (read: U-shaped "Double" grommet) replacement.

8. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    The first generation of z slash should be the ones with frame problem, not much on the latest batch, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm planning to get z slash over the zforce within this few weeks zzzz

9. drew tze en

I still think that the Arcsaber Z-Slash is a wonderful racket! Even though I don't use it as much now since I'm using a Voltric 80.

10. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    already order my z-slash TH version .. can resist the red design :D!!
    plan to string it at 24lbs MAX since i dont want the frame to sink in if too much tension >.<
    I think it would be like my BS 15 ... stiff and slightly head heavy

Cant wait it to try it out! So far, dont have any issue with your z-slash drew?

11. drew tze en

I have an Arcsaber Z-Slash TH I re-strung my racket today... the 6th time I have re-strung this racket between 24-25lbs and It is fine at the moment, I'm only worried about my grommets as it looks warm out but everything else to me is good :)

12. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    glad to hear that ... i guess it is like my supplier said, depends on luck zzz. I hope i could get a good z-slash >.< *cross finger* lol. Do you use your z-slash often? ... how long have you own it, 1 year++?

The z-slash thread have mix review on the racket but mostly good out of bad. So, i think it wont be much of a problem if i maintain the max tension and take good care of it haha :p thanks btw drew~

13. drew tze en

I guess so, hopefully your Z-Slash will be fine!
    Before I got my Voltric 80 I used it a lot, and I have had for about year 1+, I think and never regret buying it... I think it is a great racket because of the swing speed, the sound of when you smash the shuttle cleanly, you can hear the air being disturbed... :) I love it !! Since I haven't touched it in a while the tension of the strings are low but now I have re-strung it I will be using it again

14. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    hmm once i get my hands on it .. i would comment on this thread :p, cant wait to try it out. I'll play safe and stick with the recommended tension since it will be under warranty for 6 months

15. drew tze en

It doesn't matter for me because I buy my rackets from Asia and bring them back to England... So much hassle to send my racket back to the shop and claim a warranty if my racket breaks... Easier if I just buy a new racket.

16. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    ooo ok ... how much you bought yours in asia? over here in malaysia is about 200 USD with string and free grip and the limited edition Z-slash is also the same pricing~!? Online Zs and limited Zs is usd 20 different lol

17. drew tze en

I bought my previous original Z-Slash for SG$240/250 (I think, I bought that 2 years ago) = £120
    I bought my Z-Slash TH for either SG$250/260 (I know it was $10 more than the Z-Slash) = £125
    I bought my VT-80 for HK$1330, about GB£105
    These prices also include stringing

18. Optimal

Optimal Regular Member

Self employed
    When I first started playing with the Z Slash I bonded with it reasonably quick, my smash power exceeded but did lose a little pace with my back hand smash which was disappointing as it was a shot I loved. Same with clearance, forehand was good less effort needed with power loss to backhand.

I actually thought the Z Slash was quite light headed!!!

Been playing with it for about a year or so and defiantly moved my game forward.

Bought the Z Force recently and was disappointed, smash power down and felt my overall game was slower.
    I should maybe give the racket more respect and have a bit more game play with it but if I start getting used to it I may take my bond with the Z Slash away, so sadly its been tucked away.

Side by side the racket heads have a huge difference, the Z Slash is very slim and Z Force a lot larger. Even when I whip both rackets the Z Slash has a much higher pitch swish to it.

Overall both rackets are great, you just have to see what suits your style of play. If your an advance player I don't think it really matters what racket you got in your hand, your going to play well either way.

19. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    Z slash is very whippy. For me, it feels rather flexible during play but it's a quick racket. I used it for a while a little while ago for singles and doubles as my main racket. Took some time to get used to. the z force was a lot more steady and stable, but ultimately it was too head heavy and/or stiff for my liking. When not tired, the z force performs great, without much adjustment time necessary for me.

20. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    the question you should ask yourself is which is better for attacking for you, and you should know the answer quite easily if you have tried playing with them.

i find the zslash an awesome racket tho some say it has a small sweet spot. i enjoy the flex in this racket since i have "whip" in my swing. i was able to smash decently with it.

i just got the zforce in the mail so i can't comment on it yet, i'll come back tomorrow and finish the rest of my comments.