If I like a Voltric 70, what else might I like?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by white91, Mar 21, 2012.

1. white91

white91 Regular Member

Hi I had a go with a few rackets last night;

Voltric 70 - really liked it
    Arcsaber Z Slash - proably too good for my skill, struggled to hit clean
    Li Ning N50 - didn't feel anything special
    Li Ning N33 - didn't like this much

Basically from what I have read people rave about the Voltric 80, does it play similar to the Voltric 70?

Also the Voltric Z Force, although expensive does it play anything like a Voltric 70?

I am coming from a fake Arc10, and play roughly 6 hrs a week.

2. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    stock up on VT70 :) nothing quite like it.
    Z force is very good, but need to be on par with it to use it (more training to be exact)
    VT80 is hard to use for me.
    i use a gosen ryoga issen aside from vt70 i keep those 2 in my bag

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

try arc7, maybe victor mx60 or mx70 (not 80)?

arc6 - similar flex, probably more even balanced than vt70 though.

mx60 and mx70 could also be up your street (both are head heavy, 60=medium flex, 70=slightly stiff).

#3 amleto, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. GUENNIIIII

GUENNIIIII Regular Member

Industrial Manager
    z-slash could also fit u

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    VT70 is such a nice all around racket with slightly heavy on the head. It is a versatile racket too. You could try Arc 8 Dx, it may be as fast as VT70 or faster with head not as heavy as VT70.

You could try Victor MX70 & 80 as wel

6. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    What did you like about the VT70?
    The stiffness?
    The head heaviness?
    The specs? (ie. 3U vs 4U and grip size G4 vs G5)

7. white91

white91 Regular Member

I only had a short demo, mainly my smash felt very good (as I guess you test that first!), it also felt good blocking some shots, and the backhand seemed effortless.

Unfortunately I haven't really got access to loads of rackets to try and compare. Also as my racket is fake, I don't have a benchmark to go off.

Maybe I will like a head heavy racket, I am an average player, but I do alot of weight training too.

How do people buy rackets, just trial and error?

8. white91

white91 Regular Member

Oh it was a 3U, grip seemed small but I always add a tacky overgrip on my rackets

9. CanucksDynasty

Some places have demo rackets you can try before purchasing. Having friends that buy all sorts of rackets would be great too. But if you're like me and don't have access to either...trial and error.

I went from a even-balanced+med stiff to head-light+flexible to head heavy+stiff. Sticking with head heavy+stiff cuz I'm playing singles more often than doubles. As soon as I get into more competitive doubles play...I'll probably be looking at even balanced+stiff.

The VT70 is supposed to be slightly head heavy + stiff. Maybe a Victor comparison would be MX70. Not MX80 cuz I think it's slightly head heavy+extra stiff.

Keeping asking. There's bound to be more suggestions.

10. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    If you like the VT70, I'd say go for it. Each racket's got it's little perks and disadvantages, so to me the only way to find out is to use them in excess and gather experience from all sorts of rackets.

I've a couple of different racket types myself, and I found that with training, you'll come to grasp with the different traits of the rackets and each new racket you try can only add that little boost to your game.

I personally like a little variety in my games so I tend to pick a racket type to go with the mood of the day. :) Not recommended for people who want to win tournaments, but hey, it's a game first and foremost. Enjoy, sweat, and keep healthy!

11. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I think you should stay with the VT-70 as it is head heavy and has a medium flex shaft
    maybe try the Nanospeed 9900 as the racket is fast in terms of moving around the court.
    Z-Slash is fast and repulsive which you may like, but if you want to get a clean hit, I recommend you have to play the with the racket for 2-3 weeks

12. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    i was a vt80 user, until i almost rip my arm off =.= then i switched to vt70. Cant say i dont like it, it is a decent racquet packed with quite a punch. However, after using it for a long while, i started to think it's too flex for me. Not sure whether it's getting flex-ier or my arm got stronger... Currently I'm using 4/5 stiff racquet (vt70 is 3/5 mid flex) and I find my shots are more accurate and powerful.

I think you should try some stiffer racquet, as you mentioned that you do a lot weight training. My current racquet is RKEP PRO9000, which it's a nice racquet, fast (might be on par or slightly faster than vt70) and powerful (for me, much powerful than vt70), and i love the loud bang when it hits!!! I was going for MX70, but out of budget. I've tried N50II too, but find it even flex-ier than vt 70.

Here i will slightly do some comparisons among the racquet i used with vt70. Hope it helps!! Happy hunting!!

Power: RKEP Pro9000 > N50II > VT70 > VT80 (Reason? I can barely hold it up after 1 big smash XD so it's basically just my problem)
    Control: VT80 > RKEP Pro9000 > VT70 > N50II
    Speed: VT70 > RKEP Pro9000 > VT80 > N50II

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Given the price tag RKEP Pro 9000 is absolutely amazing racket...Worth to try..

14. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    You could try Bravesword 15.

15. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Oh yes, I like the power on the BRS15.. Feels very nice to smash with.

16. white91

white91 Regular Member

Ok after a chat with my coach, he is going to try and get the following rackets for me to play with

VT70
    VT80
    Arc ZS
    Li Ning N90
    Babolat something or other

I doubt he can get his hands on a VTZF.

There may also be a possibility of buying the 'demo' rackets at a reduced price, if they are a decent discount I am pretty sure I would go for a demo racket as long as they are not bettered.

Where can I get a RKEP Pro 9000 from in the UK? Are they cheap? Are they a clone of something?

17. white91

white91 Regular Member

Prices update

VT80 £160 unfortunately no ex demo
    VT70 £140 or £80 ex demo
    ASZS £150 or £100 ex demo

I am going to have another play with the rackets, but the ex demo prices seem like a steal I may even buy both given the used prices in the UK.

18. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    well you can order from ebay, there's a seller called eric squash, and there's a thread for RKEP Pro6000 & Pro9000, you can find more info from there. I bought mine second hand. Waaaayyyy cheaper than those racquet you mentioned above XD The prices you listed is slightly high though... i bought my vt70 in uk during my study there (I bought it on March-May 2011, forgot the actually date), it's like 130+ pound if not wrong, from Maurice Robinson.

19. CanucksDynasty

There's a thread about the RKEP Pro 9000

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...RO9000-badminton-racket?p=1867569#post1867569

RKEP is an ebay seller that is very reputable (I bought a few rackets from Eric).

The demo prices are very attractive but check it's condition very carefully. Look for signs of cracks. Also I doubt there is any warranty for the demo rackets. So you might want to take that into consideration.

20. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer