User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 33 of 33
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maluri, Cheras
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    looking forward on your video to be post

  2. #19
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    finally!

    i have made another one. this one with ARC7 + ZM62New.

    total length is around 23 mins. very dull and boring stuff. i fell asleep twice watching it. but i hope someone will learn something from it!

    enjoy!


  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,892
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ...very dull and boring stuff. i fell asleep twice watching it. ... enjoy!
    You may be honest, but you'll never get a job at Warner Brothers Pictures marketing & promotions department.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany / Karlsruhe
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for the video!

    why do you tying the knots of the mains at b9 and not on b8?
    and why you don't use prestretch?
    and only for interest: how many rackets are you stringing in a week/month?

    i see how you pull the last two mains. looks not very good
    i see a "professional" stringer, which pull the last two mains with only one pull at b10. i think the tension loss on the last main (b12) is insignificant for the tension at the sweet point... i'm using my static clamps for the last main (b12)...

  5. #22
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,272
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you not tempted to turn the double beeps off? They got on my waps pretty much from the get-go!

  6. #23
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    You may be honest, but you'll never get a job at Warner Brothers Pictures marketing & promotions department.
    they have a much easier job than this!

  7. #24
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Are you not tempted to turn the double beeps off? They got on my waps pretty much from the get-go!
    hm... i am so used to it by now.

    and is there even a way to turn it off?

  8. #25
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex82 View Post
    thanks for the video!

    why do you tying the knots of the mains at b9 and not on b8?
    and why you don't use prestretch?
    and only for interest: how many rackets are you stringing in a week/month?

    i see how you pull the last two mains. looks not very good
    i see a "professional" stringer, which pull the last two mains with only one pull at b10. i think the tension loss on the last main (b12) is insignificant for the tension at the sweet point... i'm using my static clamps for the last main (b12)...
    tie off. my theory is always to keep the knots away from the sweetspot.

    pre-stretch is ON on the WISE. i don't do manual pre-stretch. that takes up too much time.

    my volume varies. sometimes i get 20-30 rackets a month, sometime none!

    last 2 mains. yes. in order to do the Yonex loop back pattern, i have no choice with a flying clamp only machine i am afraid.

    not gonna comment too much on the tension loss as that's the topic of the Contest going on right now.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany / Karlsruhe
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    and is there even a way to turn it off?
    hold Kilos and press arrow down (arrow up for beeping).

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex82 View Post
    hold Kilos and press arrow down (arrow up for beeping).
    Huh, you would think that would be in the manual somewhere. Wonder if there are any other undocumented features.

  11. #28
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Rav_ View Post
    Huh, you would think that would be in the manual somewhere. Wonder if there are any other undocumented features.
    i want that "weave my cross for me" button!

  12. #29
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,272
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i want that "weave my cross for me" button!
    While we're in fantasy land, the WISE should be a featureless black box with one giant button labelled "STRING". And it should run on Gundam music.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Re the vid: I like the bit at about 17:50 where you spend 10 seconds searching for the pliers that are resting on the string bed. Glad i'm not the only one who does things like that

  14. #31
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Rav_ View Post
    Re the vid: I like the bit at about 17:50 where you spend 10 seconds searching for the pliers that are resting on the string bed. Glad i'm not the only one who does things like that
    that comes with age.

    the other day i spent 30mins looking for my car keys and turned out it was wedged between my wallet and my butt inside my jeans pocket!

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Rav_ View Post
    Re the vid: I like the bit at about 17:50 where you spend 10 seconds searching for the pliers that are resting on the string bed. Glad i'm not the only one who does things like that
    That's pretty funny! I do that at least once a week with my string mover!

  16. #33
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    cursed. again!!!

    got a nice looking Yonex Isometric 900SS from a client. lovely racket that used to be my favorite. so i figured i will video tape the process to share with everyone.

    started stringing, was going really fast. finished the job in a record 18 mins.

    but the stupid camera ran out of space in the middle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Bangladesh Forever!!
    By Mostafa in forum Middle East & South Asia
    Replies: 7
    : 06-08-2011, 12:18 AM
  2. Video on Making a Shuttlecock
    By xiaoheng in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 3
    : 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM
  3. i'm making my own stringing machine,need opinion
    By Benasp in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 42
    : 05-06-2008, 09:48 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    : 04-08-2007, 11:53 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    : 09-27-2003, 05:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •