User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    Maybe I need to source some reels of 880zti
    I wouldn't feel too comfy taking the new 880 past 30, to be honest. In fact, when my 4U TK9000 get here 880 @ 30 will be my first port of call.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's interesting as I feel NS880 has more in it than meets the eye. My next racket will be strung at 29/31 in NS880 and I'm looking forward to it.

With regard to 800, I strung a few rackets at 33/33 at All Englands using this string and they took it without a problem. I think there's a lot more to test with 800.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    That's interesting as I feel NS880 has more in it than meets the eye. My next racket will be strung at 29/31 in NS880 and I'm looking forward to it.

With regard to 800, I strung a few rackets at 33/33 at All Englands using this string and they took it without a problem. I think there's a lot more to test with 800.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    I've strung the old 880 at 28x30 so I'd hope the improved version would still be able to take it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My VS800 seems to have improved power-wise over the last couple of sessions. It might need playing in (like the Nanogies).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What tension do you string vs800 at compared to 850? I presume 1lb higher as it's a 70 as opposed to 68.

A nice man sent me a couple of packs in exchange for some Zymax, cheers!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea 1-2lbs more, as it's a 0.69mm prefer VS850

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is old version and states 70 on the packet. New version is 69 then?

Stringing at high 20's so I'll add 2lb. This will please @dbswansea as he bullies me into pushing my limits

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea new version is 0.69 and the older 0.70If it's the 0.70 one then yea i'd increase by 2lbs! Last time I used this I went for 29lbs to try it

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got this on my JJS at 29lb, the first session wasn't great but the second session tonight was much better.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brief Review - Victor VS800

After using the very lively VS850 string for a while, I was keen for something a little bit more durable in my main racquet for off season training. VS800 is sold as a 0.70mm gauge but it feels closer to a 0.68mm.

Power
    VS850 needed more "playing in" than VS850, the first session was underwhelming but after a few hours of play VS800 came to life and started delivering great power and smashes packed quite a punch. Rating 9/10.

Control
    Beng 0.02mm thicker than VS850, I was expecting VS800 to fall short on control compared the VS850. VS800 has a rougher surface texture which bites into the cork of the shuttle and as a result provides really control. Serves are tight and precision on smashes and drives is very good at 28lb, drops are steep and fall just over the net tape. Rating 7/10.

Durability
    Being sold as a 0.70mm gauge string, durability was what I wanted to test for. After 10 hours of play, tension hold is still excellent. So far, so good. Rating 9/10.

Feel
    Being sold as a "soft" string, VS800 is never going to have the great feel of VS850. At my tension though feedback is good on my Victor Meteor racquet. On a more dampened racquet, feedback will suffer. Luckily for me, Victor racquets are not as dampened or as dull feeling as other market leaders. Rating 7/10.

Hitting Sound
    Anyone that says hitting sound isn't really important obviously hasn't hit a proper smash. VS800 is average here, just as most 0.70mm strings. Rating 6/10.

Overall rating 7.6/10.
    Very impressed with VS800, it's very different to VS850 but that's not a bad thing. It delivers excellently on power and durability and well enough on control and feel to make it an excellent choice for the majority of club players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder how it compares to the ns880ti...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I decided to try VS800 and got 2 packs from Eric as a lil addition onto other essentials I had ordered.

Had no chance to try until now when I broke BG80 on my MX80. So I had it strung onto my MX80 at 29x30 lbs. Bear in mind this is the old 0.70mm one.

I gotta say. This string surpassed all my expectations. Definitely correctly called a soft string but yet at the same time it isn't too soft. I think it complements the MX80 very well. Removes some of the bite from the feedback some users complain of.

I only tried it for 1 round of XD to get a rough baseline of its performance. The hitting sound really surprised me. It wasn't as sharp or amazing as VS850 at 30x31 on my SW35 but on the other hand it really has a nice sound. It's a really nice solid bang that let's your opponent know the shuttle is coming.

I found that VS800 gives really easy power yet doesn't compromise control for me. While the string is soft it isn't horribly soft that I feel the shuttle sinking into the string bed and generating a hold effect.

Obviously no chance to put durability and tension holding to the test yet. But I find control with this string very good. Not at VS850 level for me but really really close. IMO it is definitely a BG65 killer. Out performs it by far with great value. I liked it so much I actually cut the VS850 on my SW35 and am having it strung at 29x30 on the SW35 as well just to see how it will go.

Right now I'm really interested to try and test the current 0.69mm version to see if it is an improvement of this already excellent string. I may even end up getting a reel if it turns out to be an equally excellent string.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice review. Glad you like it. But why string it lower than 850 when its thicker? I'm not sure I'd agree with soft, not after trying 660ti.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because my benchmark testing tension for strings over 0.68mm is 28/29x30 lbs. Plus I wasn't sure how soft it was gonna be. I'll agree that it certainly isn't truly soft like say BG65. But it's more like a comfy yet firm soft? Still my faith in victor's strings has been rewarded

I just figured I might as well try the new version and stick to it anyway. Shot Eric an email already hohoho

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The .69 newer version is harder than the .70 old version

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like harder

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)