User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default voltric 80 and at900p

are they similar. what makes them similar. what are the best strings on each. Which one would you recommend for a player that is very aggresive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you have a compact swing or a bigger swing? Doubles or singles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compact swing as in a quick/strong string. or Bigger swing as in a full swing/ powerful. if so I would place myself in the mix of both. Im used to my ns9900 but i dont like it. I use my arm to generate alot of power and the Ns9900 isnt suitable for that. Im doubles. and im very aggresive. I dont like light rackets. I feel more confident with a head heavy racket so those are my 2 picks. Im a small guy 5"8 but i pack a punch !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a fair difference between ns9900 and Vt80 in the way they handle.
    Something with more head weight might suit you better but VT80 is a bit extreme in that department... You will trade smash power for a lot of agility if you switch from ns to vt80.
    Why not look at a head heavy racket with a fast swing like the Victor mx or Braveswords or Arcsaber 10 or Zslash.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please try Victor MX80, if you could...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is Ive already tried an at900p. but i dont think i sacrifice that much agility to be honest. Not like I have any anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like someone who plays like me. Biggest question is: Have you tried the VT80 and how did you like the AT900P? That's really the best way to answer your question. At900P used to be my main racket, but that was until I tried the AT700 which was godly in power. The VT80 will feel slightly more head heavier than the AT900P, but is a similar transition. That said, after using the AT700 for so many years, I don't like either as they're both still a little too light. VTZF is the headheaviest model available currently, you might want to consider that as well. If you're willing to try different brands, I'd recommend the Li Ning N90 . Strings and tension are very personal, you're on your own for that, but I use BG80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm . the VT ZF feels like it requires a huge amount of good technique and skills to use properly. a good example could be LCW using it, The VT 80 on the other hand isn't as head heavy but would still give me the confidence to play with alot more smashes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can adjust from a very compact swing to a bigger swing, but I'm not that suited for a very big swing. That is why I personally prefer stiff to extra stiff rackets. I had adjusted to a very fast and compact swing during my 2 years with the NS9000S and X, At900P followed. Adjustment wasn't really needed, even though swing speed was reasonable slower.

AT900P somehow was quite light and fast (recovery, not swing) for me with good defense. VT80 didn't suited me at all. It is head heavier than the At900P and just a little bit faster. Stiffness is quite comfortable until you do some hard smashing with a compact swing. Therefore the shaft was surprisingly flexible, my mate who has got a bigger swing didn't had that issue. Actually, I've switched from VT80 to Z-Force and don't have any flex issues any more. (I'm mainly doubles, but play singles as well)

Conclusion:

If you want maximum power and found the At900P too light or not demanding - Li-Ning N90
    If you want great power and found the At900P too light and not demanding and are willing to sacrifice a little bit of power for speed - Z-Force

VT80 would be the choice if swing for big power smashes is rather big and a big sweet spot is needed.

The speediest stiff racket with a little head weight is the MX80, but I guess it is too light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Many Ch0icez View Post
    Hmm . the VT ZF feels like it requires a huge amount of good technique and skills to use properly. a good example could be LCW using it, The VT 80 on the other hand isn't as head heavy but would still give me the confidence to play with alot more smashes
    It may seem that way if you're going from light to a head heavy racket. VT80 might just do the trick for you then
    Quote Originally Posted by sFrog View Post
    I can adjust from a very compact swing to a bigger swing, but I'm not that suited for a very big swing. That is why I personally prefer stiff to extra stiff rackets. I had adjusted to a very fast and compact swing during my 2 years with the NS9000S and X, At900P followed. Adjustment wasn't really needed, even though swing speed was reasonable slower. AT900P somehow was quite light and fast (recovery, not swing) for me with good defense. VT80 didn't suited me at all. It is head heavier than the At900P and just a little bit faster. Stiffness is quite comfortable until you do some hard smashing with a compact swing. Therefore the shaft was surprisingly flexible, my mate who has got a bigger swing didn't had that issue. Actually, I've switched from VT80 to Z-Force and don't have any flex issues any more. (I'm mainly doubles, but play singles as well)Conclusion:If you want maximum power and found the At900P too light or not demanding - Li-Ning N90If you want great power and found the At900P too light and not demanding and are willing to sacrifice a little bit of power for speed - Z-ForceVT80 would be the choice if swing for big power smashes is rather big and a big sweet spot is needed.The speediest stiff racket with a little head weight is the MX80, but I guess it is too light...
    Love your conclusion as it pretty much mirrors mine. What I do now is use my AT700 to the point where I notice some fatigue, switch to N90, play until I notice the next level of fatigue, and then play with the ZF. In theory, if I started with the ZF, I might be able to tap into a new power, but the world might also blow up~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to use AT900P for years, after i switched to Voltric 80 3 weeks ago. I couldn't switch back AT900P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sFrog View Post
    I can adjust from a very compact swing to a bigger swing, but I'm not that suited for a very big swing. That is why I personally prefer stiff to extra stiff rackets. I had adjusted to a very fast and compact swing during my 2 years with the NS9000S and X, At900P followed. Adjustment wasn't really needed, even though swing speed was reasonable slower.

AT900P somehow was quite light and fast (recovery, not swing) for me with good defense. VT80 didn't suited me at all. It is head heavier than the At900P and just a little bit faster. Stiffness is quite comfortable until you do some hard smashing with a compact swing. Therefore the shaft was surprisingly flexible, my mate who has got a bigger swing didn't had that issue. Actually, I've switched from VT80 to Z-Force and don't have any flex issues any more. (I'm mainly doubles, but play singles as well)

Conclusion:

If you want maximum power and found the At900P too light or not demanding - Li-Ning N90
    If you want great power and found the At900P too light and not demanding and are willing to sacrifice a little bit of power for speed - Z-Force

VT80 would be the choice if swing for big power smashes is rather big and a big sweet spot is needed.

The speediest stiff racket with a little head weight is the MX80, but I guess it is too light...
    Agreed on the AT900P, ZF, VT80 and MX80. Spot on.

N90 is the next thing for me to try, I found even the ZF is not that demanding in doubles.