Elbow pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by airy emirul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. airy emirul

airy emirul Regular Member

student
    1 month already i feel this pain.i don't know what happen.it is because my smash technique is wrong or what:confused:.i use light racket.Please guys i need advice! it happen after played badminton.now i used elbow guard to reduce my pain when smash.:crying:

2. Notorious544d

Notorious544d Regular Member

Student (college)
    Same with me. I played with my new NS9900 and it's so freakin' fast and aerodynamic that I seem to be pulling my elbow. The 'inside' bit of my elbow feels a bit.... 'stretched' or 'pulled'
    Will I get used to it after a few games and naturally go? Or shall I do something ASAP?

3. Nematode

Nematode Regular Member

Business
    I developed shoulder pains after using Nanosp 9900. It's too headlight so you end up using a lot of strength. Suggest you switch to heavier racket. A head light racket can cause injuries easily.

4. Notorious544d

Student (college)
    After using the NS9900 a few sessions, the pain seems to be gone - so I guess it was due to 'getting used to.'

The thing is that I used a head-light racket (NS800) before this, so I was kinda used to the lighter head. But with the NS9900, despite this, it's still SO fast!! It's an amazing racquet overall and I love it! :)

5. airy emirul

student
    case solved! bought heavy head racket/stiff.no more elbow pain.:D maybe i am suitable to head heavy than head light.Used voltric 80. Thanks a lot !!!

6. Notorious544d

Student (college)
    As a reference, which racket did you own before?

7. airy emirul

student
    used apacs nano900 power.too light hard to smash from baseline.

8. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

I think it's a good idea to have a spare racket, that "treats your arm with respect" ;-)

Most tennis arm problems seem to be caused by too stiff, too heavy or too light rackets and/or too high string tension.

I learned it the hard way ... wrong technique combined with a too heavy entry level racket (99g) caused me a tennis arm years ago. After switching to a Babolat Satelite Chrono, a head heavy, short racket (66cm) with medium flexibility, 85g, strung at 20 lbs, the problem went away.

I only need to use a stiff racket with high tension like the VT80 and the problem comes back.

#8 Aymara, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012