User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Li Ning...they just posted 65% loss. So much for the pricing (actual retail) and padding of their true intrinsic stock value. No one is foolish enough to sign off on their books now. Therefore, give it a little while. See who is really following the herd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemonPepsi View Post
    Did I hit u where it hurt? Are you one of the "sheeps?" and I'll pass on the hello kitty stickers. Thx. PS: Can we have a look at your "market data?"
    LOL, not even a little. What market data, I didn't sight any market data, I said I was willing to wager that Yonex's market share has declined. Are you prepared to argue that Li-Ning and Victor have not eaten into Yonex's market share in the last 5 years or so?

I would like know where the sheeps are now.
    I bet you would. But, I'm here to talk about badminton not help you satisfy your urges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King's View Post
    Speaking of Li Ning...they just posted 65% loss. So much for the pricing (actual retail) and padding of their true intrinsic stock value. No one is foolish enough to sign off on their books now. Therefore, give it a little while. See who is really following the herd.
    Did they offer any kind of breakdown by segment. Li-Ning is a huge sporting goods company it would be interesting to know what contribution to their results the badminton division made. My understanding is that badminton is not a big part of their business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    LOL, not even a little. What market data, I didn't sight any market data, I said I was willing to wager that Yonex's market share has declined. Are you prepared to argue that Li-Ning and Victor have not eaten into Yonex's market share in the last 5 years or so?

I bet you would. But, I'm here to talk about badminton not help you satisfy your urges.
    For someone who spoke with such assertiveness, I would think you have done your reaserch. And no, we are not here to satisfy my thrist for your enlightenment, we are here to discuss why Yonex can get away with shoddy paint job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Did they offer any kind of breakdown by segment. Li-Ning is a huge sporting goods company it would be interesting to know what contribution to their results the badminton division made. My understanding is that badminton is not a big part of their business.
    Let me be succinct, this isn't about shoddy paintjob or flimsy apparels nor sour acquisitions...they have to post the losses because unlike in previous years, now is not the time to sign off on questionable books. Lot's of big enough and important people are falling (not the biggest of course; those are/won't be affected)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still want to pee up this rope eh?

Quote Originally Posted by LemonPepsi View Post
    For someone who spoke with such assertiveness, I would think you have done your reaserch.
    What research? I have an opinion that I've backed up with logic. When or if I bother to research the matter thoroughly, I'll present it as fact and will not say "I'm willing to bet". It's also the height of hypocrisy to demand market data from me without offering one shred of research backing your assertion that people only buy Yonex because they sponsor LCW. So let's see your survey results then. What percentage of people who bought the VT-ZF did so because of LCW?

And no, we are not here to satisfy my thrist for your enlightenment
    Good, but why do you thirst for my enlightenment?

, we are here to discuss why Yonex can get away with shoddy paint job.
    If they do get away with it, it will be because they've offered a product that performs well enough that people are willing to buy it despite the annoyance of this sticker issue. I'm also not prepared to say they've gotten away with anything. If you see this same issue repeated in their next product release then I'll be more inclined to argue that they've gotten away with something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King's View Post
    Let me be succinct, this isn't about shoddy paintjob or flimsy apparels nor sour acquisitions...they have to post the losses because unlike in previous years, now is not the time to sign off on questionable books. Lot's of big enough and important people are falling (not the biggest of course; those are/won't be affected)...
    Sounds like you're on to a different topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  nanoray 80 2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  58.7 KBName:  nanoray 80.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  73.9 KB just look at the paint chips on my Nanoray 80... just barely two months.. and it flakes off like stickers..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I have found MIJ Yonex racquets to be poorly made. Dusty and bubbly paint jobs, easily chip, poorly attached cone and defective wooden grip. As to why paint would chip easily, I believe the racquets were not properly cleaned right before airbrushing based on my airbrushing experience. You can use the best paint available but if the racquet was dusty or oily, the paint will not be able to grip securely and will chip easily. Luckily I am not a Yonexholic so their lack of QC doesn't bother me much. I just look for other brands in the future. Just for the record, my cheap MIT Cab8200/8600 are still chip free after countless mishit for years, but I only play single. Their paint jobs are better than MIJ models too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ahren92 View Post
    Name:  nanoray 80 2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  58.7 KBName:  nanoray 80.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  73.9 KB just look at the paint chips on my Nanoray 80... just barely two months.. and it flakes off like stickers..
    One of our club players has an NR80 that looks exactly like this, and it got there after about ten hours. He wasn't impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the racket plays well really... but the paint is flaking off like crazy as I play... could the cause be from vibrations ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2