04-11-2012, 01:53 PM #103
04-11-2012, 01:57 PM #104
i think the major diff between the switch/fast is that the switch uses a conical surface to pull the bottom T-piece up. the advantage being two thing:
- the angle of the cone needs lighter action to engage
- the rotational ability means that the bottom piece (the T cross section brass piece) doesn't need to rotate, and thus can have a larger surface area result in less binding. the whole conical piece actually never rotate with respect to the table, only the clamp base does. whereas in the fast action design, the whole thing including the bottom piece rotates, and therefor the bottom piece is shaped that way, but that doesn't provide a lot of surface area for lube to work.
to be honest though, the idea and design of the clamping mechanism is really good. but for some reason the design or the machining of the T-piece, or the design of the "track" is lacking. the track is really just part of the extruded Aluminum turntable, with some sort of hardened surface. that surface just don't slide very well against the annodize base of the clampbase. either that, or they need to rethink the geometry. maybe raise the track a little.
04-11-2012, 01:58 PM #105
04-11-2012, 01:59 PM #106
04-11-2012, 02:02 PM #107
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM #108
I don't have anything against the tracks, it seems to go smooth enough for me. What I do not like is that the quick action base pretty much makes you turn a screw to tighten the base and prevent it from moving. That takes efforts and it even makes the turntable bounce back and forth, which I hate. I like the idea of being able to lock the base with just a flick.
I have no tools or machinery here. I will have to find them, which shouldn't be too hard considering I'm in an engineering school :P
04-11-2012, 02:20 PM #109
another idea is to cut and glue a piece of teflon sheet at the bottom of the base, and forget about oiling the top of the track.
04-12-2012, 09:22 AM #110
OK so I don't know if i am unluky or what but .. i have a delema with the machine ALREADY...!!!
after about 10 rack mostly at 26~32 lbs...
now i am experiencing a rocking of the turn table .. not exesive but it rocks about 2mm up and down... i have double and triple check the 4 bolts in the center they are all tight.. and the bearing bolt are tight aswell...
anyone else got this or is it just me @!@
04-12-2012, 12:07 PM #111
@Kwun and other experts
Does anyone knows:
1) Are the Gamma clamps 12mm just like the Eagnas ones?
2) Are Victor clamps for 7030,7031 12mm as well?
3) If the Gamma Switch Action Cam-Lock Clamps fit into the tracks on the typical Eagnas/Victor7026,7027,7031/Pro'sPro turntables?
4) If the entire Gamma turntable fit into a typical Eagnas/Victor7026,7027 horizontal tension bar?
04-12-2012, 12:11 PM #112
Gamma clamps are 12mm.
I wouldn't be surprised if every piece from Eagnas could fit on Gamma machines, the machines are just copies.
I don't know about Victor machines.
04-12-2012, 12:19 PM #113
the clamp from eagnas will fit gamma and vise versa .. i know for a fact cuz i have em both ..
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM #114
04-12-2012, 12:48 PM #115
That will depend on what turntable to what machine... i have notice the 4 bolt in the middle of both machine and they are pretty similar... i can measure it if you need.
04-12-2012, 01:41 PM #116
in which direction is the rocking? you said up and down, you get it by lifting it straight up and down? or the edge of the table is rocking up and down if you rock the whole table sideways?
i think if i try to rock the table sideways, i get around 0.5mm of play at the outer knobs. but that's about it.
04-12-2012, 01:42 PM #117
04-12-2012, 01:46 PM #118
04-13-2012, 03:42 AM #119
By cokonut in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 6: 11-16-2011, 01:37 PM
By rebound7 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 3: 11-16-2011, 12:24 PM
By henryix in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 72: 10-22-2011, 10:31 PM
By badmad in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 3: 09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
By jkamera in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 0: 01-18-2008, 02:34 PM