User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZbadman View Post
    The GAMMA turntables do NOT work with Eagnas stands. The 4 bolt pattern is different size. Hope that helps.
    Bro, I do not have an Egnas stand, my machine is a table top, I am putting it on top of a 2x2 IKEA shelve now.

My budget only allow me to choose either Gamma 6004 with crank or throw my eagnas crank and replace with Tennishead 2086, which I did.

Only managed to string 220x badminton racquets so far, still far from thinking for another machine upgrade.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got this machine a week ago. I like most of it, but I'm disappointed with some things!

The machine is solid and very well built. I like how easy it is to move north/south posts and adjust the supports. However, I don't think that they considered badminton while designing the machine. While mounting a racket is really easy and fast, the trade off is that it is less flexible in terms of frame sizes and grommet positions. My other machine has longer arms and everything can be adjusted separately (despite being longer and less practical).

It is impossible with my setup to get the supports exactly where I'd want them to be on the racket. For instance, the top side supports lands JUST below the last shared grommet (it is actually covering it just a little), while the bottom side supports can go where I want them to (top support is fully screwed/retracted). This is for most 76 holes+ rackets. I'd like the top one to be 1-2 grommets further. The machine would need longer arms or adjustable ones. Some of you are not experiencing this because you are using MBS load spreaders (or similar), which helps the side arms reach 1 cm further on the frame. It is unfortunately not the case with the Gamma badminton adapter. I might have to use MBS load spreaders or make my own plastic thing to replace the plastic part of Gamma's adapter.

The side supports are also pretty fat. I kinda got used to Chudek's supports :P. And not a big deal, but the racket doesn't feel as securely mounted as with Chudek's supports, mainly due to the fact that the plastic adapters are pretty "slippy". This shouldn't make a difference though since the force applied to the supports should be directly perpendicular and not sideways.

One last thing, I would have loved the top/bottom supports' adjustment knobs to be more accessible. It's kind of hard sometimes to mount/unmount the racket since there is some resistance. Some lubricant might solve this for me though.

May sound like I don't like the machine, but I do like it! I guess I got used to mine and it's so customized that I got it to do exactly what I wanted it to do. The main things that the 6004 has over my heavily improved Progression ST-II are the adjustment knobs for the north/south posts and the unique knobs for side supports (2 knobs instead of 4), which is really what I like the most so far!
    Last edited by yan.v; 05-06-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just speaking with atssports to order my 6004 and they mentioned they came out with a new add-on for $199 meant specifically for badminton. I didn't buy it since it's so new. They told me it works for 5003 and 6004.

Name:  06-05-2013 11-11-06 AM.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  50.9 KB

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! Quite expensive though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... I would avoid clamp down at all costs.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZbadman View Post
    Yeah... I would avoid clamp down at all costs.
    Oh nice catch! I assumed the clamp down thing was from the 5003, but it's part of the adapter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yan.v
    I produce a Gamma 6004/Eagnas 737e issue too. Compared with a standard Pro'S pro or Eagnas versions they are different. Only one, larger main bolt and more "protrusion". The better reach for fixed clamp working.
    Pics below (an old "inserts", the current one - white polyamide).
    EDIT. Pics by DarthHowie.
    Name:  Gamma6004Mounted2.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  Gamma6004Mounted1.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  98.6 KB
    Last edited by Michal; 05-06-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Oh nice catch! I assumed the clamp down thing was from the 5003, but it's part of the adapter
    @yan.v : if you wish, you can get chudek supports (old style - maybe he can make you the new style) for the 6004 since michal made them for mine. I'm surprised you jumped from the 5003 to the 6004. Your 5003 was pretty tricked out.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Michal! I thought about ordering them again, I'll see :P

In the meantime, I could take this time to give you some suggestions if you don't mind!

The edges could be rounded up/polished as it can cut into strings while pulling if we're not careful. Also, the screws under the supports could be shorter shorter to prevent the strings from getting caught into the screw and the threads (happens very often).

Other than that, I think the supports are perfect! I like them very much on my other machine!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@yan.v :

Just saw michal's post with pics of my machine (*note.. the washer is now moved to under the arm instead of above so that the nut fastened against the washer to the arm)....

If you plan on ordering a set maybe we can combine an order and order 2 sets to save shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post
    @yan.v : if you wish, you can get chudek supports (old style - maybe he can make you the new style) for the 6004 since michal made them for mine. I'm surprised you jumped from the 5003 to the 6004. Your 5003 was pretty tricked out.
    Michal's supports won't solve the positioning problem unfortunately But they will be better than the Gamma ones for sure.

Also, I didn't go from 5003 to 6004. My other machine is a Progression ST II, which is pretty much a table top 5003 with self centering mounting system. I'm actually keeping it, so I have 2 machines :P Allows me to string from wherever I am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the edges. Corrected. The inserts are "full" now.
    Regarding the lenght of the screws. Noted. Meanwhile, I suggest cut them, yourself (the saw for steel).
    DarthHowie. You can improve your current version to new "polyamide version".
    Any question, please PM me. EOT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I got this machine a week ago. I like most of it, but I'm disappointed with some things!

The machine is solid and very well built. I like how easy it is to move north/south posts and adjust the supports. However, I don't think that they considered badminton while designing the machine. While mounting a racket is really easy and fast, the trade off is that it is less flexible in terms of frame sizes and grommet positions. My other machine has longer arms and everything can be adjusted separately (despite being longer and less practical).

It is impossible with my setup to get the supports exactly where I'd want them to be on the racket. For instance, the top side supports lands JUST below the last shared grommet (it is actually covering it just a little), while the bottom side supports can go where I want them to (top support is fully screwed/retracted). This is for most 76 holes+ rackets. I'd like the top one to be 1-2 grommets further. The machine would need longer arms or adjustable ones. Some of you are not experiencing this because you are using MBS load spreaders (or similar), which helps the side arms reach 1 cm further on the frame. It is unfortunately not the case with the Gamma badminton adapter. I might have to use MBS load spreaders or make my own plastic thing to replace the plastic part of Gamma's adapter.

The side supports are also pretty fat. I kinda got used to Chudek's supports :P. And not a big deal, but the racket doesn't feel as securely mounted as with Chudek's supports, mainly due to the fact that the plastic adapters are pretty "slippy". This shouldn't make a difference though since the force applied to the supports should be directly perpendicular and not sideways.

One last thing, I would have loved the top/bottom supports' adjustment knobs to be more accessible. It's kind of hard sometimes to mount/unmount the racket since there is some resistance. Some lubricant might solve this for me though.

May sound like I don't like the machine, but I do like it! I guess I got used to mine and it's so customized that I got it to do exactly what I wanted it to do. The main things that the 6004 has over my heavily improved Progression ST-II are the adjustment knobs for the north/south posts and the unique knobs for side supports (2 knobs instead of 4), which is really what I like the most so far!
    @yan.v
    Does your machine come with C-Shape side support (like what it shows on web site) or L-Shape side support (like brother kwun has)? I just talked to atssports and they told me they upgrade the model again this year and Badminton shoulder adapter L-Shape is not needed anymore.

What kind of clamp do you get? I was told they change that too, Unfortunately, I forgot what they told me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wlotus View Post
    @yan.v
    Does your machine come with C-Shape side support (like what it shows on web site) or L-Shape side support (like brother kwun has)? I just talked to atssports and they told me they upgrade the model again this year and Badminton shoulder adapter L-Shape is not needed anymore.

What kind of clamp do you get? I was told they change that too, Unfortunately, I forgot what they told me.
    I bought it used. It has L Shaped side supports with the badminton adapters.

The upgrades are showing on their website, so what you see is the upgraded version. You shouldn't need to buy the adapters anymore.

As for the clamps, I have the Gamma badminton clamps. I believe the new version comes with universal clamps, not sure though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey wlotus,

I just got my 6004 a few weeks ago and it does indeed come with the C shaped supports. I am using the default universal clamps and they work really well.

@yan.v

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@yan.v , thanks for sharing.
    @GaryC , thanks for sharing and congratulations to your new 6004.

How do you feel about the new C-shaped side support, are they strong and stable enough to hold the racket?
    How about the overall quality of the current version of Gamma 6004? Any comments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my old stringer before was a Gamma Progression 602 with the L shaped support and I found them okay. The C shaped ones are a little smaller and easier to get around, they are definitely stable although I've only strung maybe 10 racquets thus far, the self centering is what I really like. One thing I notice though is that once I get the side supports on it seems to make the racquet sit higher on the 12 o clock support like it's not in the grooved part, is that the case with the L shaped supports?

@yan.v , thanks for sharing.
    @GaryC , thanks for sharing and congratulations to your new 6004.

How do you feel about the new C-shaped side support, are they strong and stable enough to hold the racket?
    How about the overall quality of the current version of Gamma 6004? Any comments?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast