Toalson Premium Devil 66

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BAM Malaysia, Mar 30, 2012.

1. BAM Malaysia

BAM Malaysia Regular Member

Anyone trying this Japan strings before?I has just trying few days ago, the string hitting sound & repulsion is definitely excellent.

2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I have been using them for 6 months n they are excellent. A bit hard but repulsiveness is good to excellent. Tension holding is also good, still haven't cut it yet. I often cut my strings when they somewhat 'lose' their tensions considerably.

3. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

ok strings

4. Ming Keat

Ming Keat New Member

I play with this strings, very good. I love it

5. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Seems that this string has been out for a while or probably discontinued. Managed to get hold of it in Indonesia. I would like to know whether there are still people using this in 2019 and share their opinion. I recently strung my racket with this string on my JPX 8 Power @27x29 lbs. The pitch given by this string at such tension was WOW!!!. The string gave 1366 Hz ping when freshly strung, and then drop slightly to 1276 Hz after around 10 hours of playtime. Texture wise it was pretty slippery when i ran my fingers across the string bed. The string was very repulsive, probably on par or more repulsive compared to bg 66UM with hitting sound of Ti coated string. Smashes and clears were amazing.

However there were some drawbacks i felt on this string. At times it can be hard to control as it is kinda wild like 'devil' as per mentioned by the string brand. It can be very hard to predict the shots when hitting desperate lifts or clears. Shots were going out behind baseline. On the other hand, this string likes to slide across the string bed which made me kept adjusting the strings after several points in the game.

To summarise, below is my ratings for this string.
    String feel: medium hard to hard.
    Repulsion: 5/5
    Control: 3.5/5
    Hitting Sound: 5/5
    Tension retention: 4.5/5
    Durability: 4/5 (this might be inaccurate as only 10hr of play time has elapsed, and i am an offensive type of player)
    Price: 3-5 USD (Rp 65,000 including stringing. i have seen online sellers in malaysia selling for RM20)

In a nutshell, Toalson Premium devil 66 is a very good string for the budget. It gave feeling like combination of BG66UM & BG80 with half of the price of Yonex strings.