Finishing last main with flying clamps (yonex pattern)

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by _Rav_, Mar 30, 2012.

1. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    So i've had this idea for a while now, about how to clamp off the 10th & 11th main strings when following the yonex pattern for those of us without fixed clamps, but only got around to implementing it when i picked up a second set of hi-qua style flying clamps.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

The 10th main pulls cleanly through the gap between the teeth, and can be clamped off in the normal way at the bottom, no snagging over the top or anything.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    very nice idea!!!

i used a single Yonex flying clamp and has been ok so far. for shared hole rackets it is ok width. for non-shared holes ones it can be quite a stretch.

but this is way better. the downside is you need to sacrifice 2 clamps for just doing 2 strings.

3. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    Yeah, it's a little extravagant (although the clamps were 2nd hand, so not so bad) but if i want the bolts can come out and they're usuable single clamps again. They just about work on shared hole patterns, but it's more of a fiddle, and when you consider you have to clamp 3 strings at a time even with a NSP that's saying something ;)

4. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

I've just resorted to doing +2lb on the 10th and 12th main and skip pulling the 11th main. Works better than not doing anything. That's a neat idea though, need to find some spare clamps for it

5. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

sorry to revive this thread, I was wondering if I can use a tennis flying clamp. Tennis clamp is bigger it might work... someone has try that, if it works I try to buy one. Gamma flying clamp is 35$